What... Is... This...?

One Crazy Summer

Joonhae's POV

I was lying on the floor with nothing to do; just watching EXO resting and goofing around. I seriously am bored… ‘I wish Joona was here...’ Since I’m the only girl here, I don’t have anyone to fangirl with about EXO.

“I’m bored!” I announced and sat up straight. It got some attention from them, but they just ignored me. Then Luhan came and walked straight to me and sat down. He smiled and said, “You’re bored?”

I nodded. “It’s boring just to sit around and do nothing.”

“You’re the one who came here in the first place,” Kai in. He was shirtless and was sweating crazily. His tanned skin was smooth and even. I could see his abs clearly and it was like heaven. I sort of blushed seeing him half and looked away instantly.

“Ya, Kim Jongin! Wear a shirt will you?” Chanyeol shouted across the room. “There’s a girl in here. Not to mention she’s a fan of EXO.”

“Who knows, maybe she’s gonna take pictures and upload it online,” Baekhyun added.

“Ya, ya, ya!” I interrupted. “Don’t misunderstand. I give my idols their personal space.”

“See, she’s fine with it,” Kai commented. “Plus, it’s hot.” He fanned himself and gave me a wink. I avoided my gaze from him and just looked somewhere else. “Awwh~ you blushed. Am I really that hot to you?” he teased. I pretended that I didn’t hear him and focused my attention to the two maknaes.

“I’m craving bubble tea,” Sehun said to Tao. “But I’m lazy to go buy.”

“Nado,” Tao replied. “Maybe we can get one of the hyungs to buy it for us!” Tao and Sehun was giggling and trying to choose which one of the guys should go.

“Can I go?” I interrupted them.

“Mwo?” Sehun asked confused by my sudden volunteering.

“Should I go and buy bubble tea for you guys?” I restated.

“You would do that?” Kris asked.

“Sure, no-"

“Alright guys! Joonhae’s gonna go and buy bubble tea,” Kris happily chirped cutting me off. All at once, they started shouting out which bubble tea they wanted.

“I want chocolate!”

“Taro, please~!”

“Hazel nut tea latte.”

“Almond milk tea!”

“Strawberry!”

Kai came up behind me and whispered in my ear, “Get me a honeydew bubble tea, will ya?” His voice was deep and manly, which sent shivers down my spine. I nodded hesitantly and I could hear him chuckled.

“So, who’s gonna go with her?” Suho asked everyone.

“Not it!” everyone chorused. In a second, Kai walked away from me. ‘These lazy people… But that’s what I love about them!’ I just giggled by myself and said, “If you guys don’t wanna come with me, then that’s fine. I mean you guys are idols and might be attack by fans. Especially sasaeng fans.”

“Okay. Then bye bye!” Kai happily waved at me and shooed me away with his hands.

“Mwo?! Ya!” I screamed. “You’re supposed to say, ‘You’re a girl. Don’t go alone. I’ll come with you’ or something like that.” Chanyeol and Baekhyun snorted which then turned into a hysterical laugh.

”Fine! I’ll pick someone then.” The both of them stopped laughing and the room became silent. The only sound that could be heard was the whimpering sound that came from Sehun and Tao. I observed them one by one. Baekhyun and Chanyeol just shook their heads roughly; Xiumin gave me a pleading look, then I passed Kai. He gave me a sweet and sincere smile. But I ignored him and quickly shifted my gaze to Sehun and Tao. I smirked at them.

“I’ve decided who’s coming with me,” I announced. Everyone held their breaths and waited for me to say who it is. “Tao, you are the lucky winner!” At once, they instantly released their breaths sighing in relieved.

“M-Me?” Tao stuttered and pointed at himself.

“Well, I’ll be seeing you guys in a couple of minutes!” I announced happily and clasped my hands. “Please excuse us.” I grab Tao’s hand and drag him outside the practice room. “Gege!!! Help me!” he yelped and pleaded.

********

Both Tao and I had arrived at the bubble tea shop in just a few minutes. Tao had hid his identity by wearing a hat and sunglasses. I told him to wear a mask because people could still tell that it’s him. But he refused and said that it’s annoying to wear it.

“Welcome!” the waiter greeted us. “Oh! Annyeonghaseyo! You came here again.” He smiled at me and I smiled back. Then he looked at Tao up and down and smiled also.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” I greeted.

“What would you like today?”

“I’ll have one strawberry milk tea, five chocolate, three taros, one honeydew, one green tea, one almond milk tea, and one hazel nut tea.”

“Wow, that’s a lot,” the waiter commented. “That’ll be W 78, 000.” I took out the money from my wallet and gave it to him. “Here’s your change. It’ll take a while, please sit down.” He handed me the change and both Tao and I took a sit somewhere near by the counter.

We sat across from each other and we each gave a weak smile. “How can you remember all that?” Tao asked.

“Mwo? The order?” I clarified and he nodded. “I just have a good memory, I guess.”

“You ordered thirteen bubble teas. I thought that Suho gege didn’t want any,” said Tao. He took off his hat and sunglasses. I gave him a questioning look and he just shrugged. “It’s uncomfortable.”

“Okay, whatever you say~” I replied. “Oh, the reason I ordered an extra bubble tea is because it’s a secret!” I laughed evilly and looked at his expression. He was scared. “Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to you,” I assured him. He relaxed a bit and played with the sunglasses in his hand.

“Why did you choose me?” he asked.

“Mwo?”

“Why did you pick me to come with you? I’m sure Kai or Lay gege would happily come along if you ask them.”

I chuckled. “I have my reasons. I really can’t say it because it’s personal. There are some things that you can do that others can’t.”

“Seolma. Am I your bias??” I could tell he was excited because he sort of jumped in his seat.

“Ani. I love everyone in EXO equally, meaning that I don’t have any bias,” I lied and he pouted. “Tao, I’m going to the bathroom a bit, kay?” I stood up and left to the bathroom.

Once I was inside, I quickly touched my head. It felt like it was hit by a ton of bricks. The stinging pain and the blurry vision made me unstable and I tried to hold on to the sink. I rummaged through my bag to search my medicine, but it was nowhere to be found. ‘Damn it! I forgot my medicine… Otteoke?’ I just let myself breathe evenly and relax even with the pain still lingering. Then I started coughing uncontrollably and spit out some blood. ‘Ugh… so bitter.’ I quickly wash my lips and clean up the sink. I feel so much better now. After reapplying a bit of makeup, I head out looking fresh and normal.

“What took you so long? Were you doing number two?” Tao asked curiously.

“Girl problem,” I lied and took a sit.

“Period?”

“Something like that.”

There were silence between us and it wasn’t awkward or anything. Then I suddenly spoke up. “Hey, Tao. Do you ever feel like you’re always get pushed around by your geges? Don’t you feel like they’re annoying sometimes?”

“…uhhh…yeah, sometimes. Why do you ask?”    

I started to get excited telling him my plan. “Wanna get revenge? Like playing a prank on them.”

“I don’t know, I might get in trouble,” he quietly replied.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take all the blame,” I assured him.

“O-Okay, but what do we do?” he asked curiously.

“Why do you think I bought an extra bubble tea?”

********

“Is the cost clear?”

“Yeah.”

Tao and I quickly put all the ingredients inside the bubble tea before anyone sees. We put almost everything in it. “Here, here! The ketchup,” Tao excitedly chirped and handed me the two sachet of ketchup. While I was squirting the ketchup in, he put three full spoon of salt and started laughing.

“You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?” I asked.

“Of course, I’ve always wanted to do something like this but never got the gut to do it,” he replied.

“Well, you’re not the only one,” I agreed.

“Should we put sugar?”

“Mwo? No! That’s gonna make it sweeter. Just put the fermented bean paste and the wasabi.” He quickly rummaged through the plastic bag and found what he needed. Earlier, after we bought bubble teas, we went to a mini market to buy our so called ingredients.

“Do you think this is a lot?” he asked and pointed at the wasabi he put inside the cup. I looked at it and it was the size of a fist. I just chuckled and gave him a thumbs up. Once everything was inside, I started mixing it together. ‘Oh my god! What is this?!?!’ The color was yucky greenish brownish; it looks like… poop. I closed the lid and stab the straw through the lid. I handed Tao the poisonous bubble tea and said, “You wanna try?”

“Ew! No!” he quickly pushed it away and I almost spilled it.

“Ya, ya, ya! Be careful, this is precious!” I shouted at him and regained my posture. “If you didn’t want it just say so.”

“Someone’s coming!” Tao whispered. I didn’t know what to do and shoved the bubble tea to Tao and hide the remaining ingredients in my bag. He didn’t know what to do either. I heard a couple of steps coming closer and closer. “Tao, do something!” I hissed. I could hear laughter and loud footsteps. Tao was panicking real bad. There was only one thing that we could do. I shoved the straw to his mouth and told him to drink it. He gave me a pleading look.

“Hey, you guys bought the bubble tea!” Sehun bursted. All the EXO member, except Suho, started taking their respective bubble teas and chugging it down. I eyed Tao and the straw was still inside his mouth. ‘Drink it!!!’ I screamed in my head and stared him with my eyes.

“If you don’t drink it, they won’t believe you,” I whispered.

“What you got there, Tao? A new flavor? Is it good?” Luhan asked suddenly. All eyes were on us. Tao nodded and smiled weakly.

“Prove it,” Kai said.

Tao gulped and started sipping the content slowly. I eyed him nervously. He finally swallowed it and looked down right away. I was standing next to him and his expression was not so good. He slowly raise his left hand gave a thumbs up, signaling that it was good.

“Ok, Joonhae, why don’t you try it?” Kai asked.

“Mwo? But that’ll be like an indirect kiss,” I reasoned.

“Can I try it?” Sehun pleaded. Without hesitation, Tao gave him the cup of bubble tea. Sehun started drinking it and his eyes turned big. “Oh… my… god,” Sehun gasped and covered his mouth.

“What, what? What?” everyone in the room was curious.

“If you drink this, you’ll go to heaven,” Sehun added. Chanyeol snatched the bubble tea away from Sehun and took a sip. After he took a sip, he froze like a statue with big eyes. Next came Xiumin. He took a couple of sips and swallowed it. In an instant, he fell to the ground with his knees touched the ground first.

“What… is… this…?” he croaked. His eyes were red and were getting teary. Now everyone started to fight over the bubble tea.

“Is it really that good that Xiumin hyung is crying?” Suho asked.

“Well, I certainly don’t wanna try it. I’m good with what I have,” Kai said and took a sip from his honeydew bubble tea.

One by one all the EXO members (except Suho and Kai) fell to the ground coughing and crying. I was laughing my off with tears in my eyes. ‘They really fell for it!!!’

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” I laughed hysterically.

“What’s so funny??” Suho asked.

“Y-you…!!!” Baekhyun croaked and pointed at me.

“Need… water~” Sehun cried.

“My mouth is burning,” Chen added.

“My stomach…” Lay whimpered and clutched his stomach tightly.

“Hahahahahahaha!” Kai laughed. “Phew! Thank god I didn’t drink it!”

“You knew?” I asked.

“I heard everything,” he replied. “You and Tao were sneaking around, so I had to see what was going on. I heard your conversation with Tao and you guys were laughing evilly.”

“Ohhh,” I commented. Each and every one of them drag their body across the room to get water as quickly as possible. One by one, they were all back to their normal selves.

“That is the worst drink I’ve ever drank in my life!” Chanyeol commented.

“I think I can’t drink bubble tea anymore. It makes me think that every bubble tea taste like that,” D.O added.

“What the hell was in it?” Luhan asked me.

“There were two sachet of ketchup, three full spoon of salt, fermented bean paste, and a fist of wasabi,” I answered and smiled.

“HWANG ZITAO!!!” Kris growled.

“Ya, Joonhae!!!” Baekhyun screamed.

“I didn’t do anything!” I quickly defended myself. “Tao made me do it! Plus, he was the one who put that much of wasabi in.” I pointed at him and he was shocked. “Mian…” I mouthed to him.

“That’s it, Tao. No more Guccis for a month. No. For a year!” Kris screamed. Tao gasped and turned his gaze to me. He was glaring intently like about to eat his prey. He stood up slowly and was still locking eyes with me.

“Eeep!” I screamed. I quickly ran and hide behind someone. I wrapped my arm around the person’s waist and used him as a shield that would protect me from the wrath of Wushu Panda Tao. “Please, protect me!” I begged the person. I heard him chuckling and said, “Don’t worry, he’s down.”

I released my arms around him and looked at Tao. He was lying on the ground clutching to his stomach. “Thanks,” I said to the person and turned around. It was Chanyeol. He gave me a wide smile and said, “No problem.” I started blushing a different shade of red and instantly look away.