Taunting

One Crazy Summer

Previously,

“Thank goodness you’re here,” Key rejoiced. “We’re dead if you aren’t.”

“THIS is what you call EMERGENCY?!” 

“The battle will start in twenty minutes, and you know each battle has different categories.”

“Don’t lie. Are you really okay?” he questioned. “Please, don’t tell me you have cancer, too?”

"Don’t ever, ever tell anyone about this. Unnie doesn’t want anyone to pity her. Please.”


 

“I didn’t know you were participating.”

“Well, surprise! Neither did I,” Joona sighed.

“Are you sure you can dance well, Noona? Tough competition out on the floor, you know.”

“Why? You can’t handle a little more competition?”

“Puh-lease! I don’t even consider your addition to the floor would make any difference,” he scoffed.

“Listen, ButtHun. Joonhae and I never intended to be in this stupid dance battle. But since you belittled my dancing that you HAVEN’T seen yet, I will make sure that your words will be shoved back down your throat,” Joona warned.

“And how do you intend to do that?”

“You’ll see. I’ll prove it to you that our existence DOES make a difference,” she smiled sweetly at him.

“Wanna bet?” Sehun grinned mischievously.

 

After her encounter with Sehun, Joona sauntered back to her spot.

Smack!

“What’s this?” Joona wondered when a piece of clothing flew at her.

With hands in his pocket, Taemin surveys her, “Wear it. It’s mine. I don’t like it when others see you prancing around in tank tops.”

“But, Taemin, I t—”

“Shhh. No complaining. End of discussion,” he ordered and smiled victoriously. “Ppalli~ I can still see your bra strap!”

“Babo Taemin,” she muttered and began to slip on the sleeveless top. ‘It slips off my shoulder a bit, but it’s not too bad.’

Taemin beamed and skipped away after he saw Joona put on his clothes.

“Woah! Joona, cool top,” Joonhae complimented. “Where did you get that? Did you go shopping without me?!?!”

“Taeminnie lent it to me.”

“Ooooh~ I’m gonna be one happy auntie soon!” Joonhae cheered.

“Well, you’re not the only one. I saw how you interact with Chanyeol. He SO like you,” Joona teased back.

“Let’s face it. Us with them is like fan fiction,” Joonhae reasoned. “That ain’t gonna happen. But I wish it does…”

“Anyways, the battle is starting soon. Let’s go?”

The twins walked back to SHINee and sat with them as the managers announced the first group. “Okay. Please give it up for the nine goddesses, SNSD!” Manager Choi announced and everyone in the room applauded and cheered as they positioned themselves on the dance floor. With a cue, the music started.

Everyone cheered loudly when they heard a familiar “Yo, Okay.” A few would sing along or praised the nine goddesses for their synchronized group dance. The EXO boys would clap along and would giggle when SNSD made a few slip-ups. The girls ended their performance with Hyoyeon in the circle surrounded by the other members. As the song ended, the audience hooted and applauded for their show.

“Hey, they were great,” Joona complimented. “I don’t know if we can beat them.”

“Watchu talkin’ ‘bout, girl? They got nottin’ on us,” Key spoke. “We’re gonna set this whole thing on fire with you helping us. Just take it easy.”

“This doesn’t feel like a dance battle,” Joonhae stated.

“This? This is just a preparation,” Jonghyun responded.

“For what?”

“You’ll see.”

SNSD manager ran up to the floor and announced, “Next up, EXO!”

“Woohoo!! Jonginnie!” Taemin and Minho cheered.

From the first beat echoed throughout the practice room, EXO filled the dance floor with perfect synchronization. They executed a sharp and graceful footwork dancing to INFINITE’s The Chaser. The crowd cheered as they turned their back exuding iness with a suave and fluid choreography; skillfully, with depth and intricate movements. With a piercing gaze from all the members, they managed to give the stage a vigorous yet delicate atmosphere.

“Wah~ EXO jjang!” Joonhae cheered.

Sehun gazed down on Joona and sneered, “Try and one up us.”

“You don’t have to tell me that,” Joona smirked. “That was my intention.”

“Oooh… what’s going on over here?” Amber approached the pair and let her eye scanned between the two brats. She stopped at Joona and greeted, “I’m Amber. I’ve never seen you around? New trainee?”

Joona stirred away from the heated exchange of eye contact with Sehun and stood up to greet, “A-Annyeonghaseyo, Joona-ibnida.”  She then frantically waved her hand and denied, “Uh… trainee anieyo. I’m friends with SHINee.”  (A/N: blue for English)

“Chingu? Gae-bul…” Sehun snorted and walk away from the scene.

“He’s always like that; sassy. Just ignore him,” Amber advised. “Was it Kibum?”

“Huh? Ah, yeah it was him,” Joona replied. “My sister and I met him in a coffee shop.”

“Please give it up for F(x)!!!” One of EXO’s managers announced.

Amber’s ears perked up at the announcement and said, “I have to go. Nice talking to you!”

Joona hold her fists up and yelled, “Hwaiting!”

The whole room was full of cheering for the walking flowers as they lined up. Victoria was in the front facing the audience with her head looking down to the floor. Luna was standing back to back against Victoria. Krystal stood facing Luna while Amber stood back to back against Krystal, and Sulli stood facing Amber.

“Omo! They’re doing our dance!” Key beamed.

“No , Sherlock,” Joona joked and a few chuckles were heard. “You see what I did there? Hahahahahaah.”

“Ha. Ha. Ha. Don’t use me for your stupid jokes,” he scowled and returned to watching the performance. The group danced with vigor and emitted a strong gaze towards the crowd. Despite their little lack of synchronization, they moved to and fro around the floor making the audience pumped up.

“Woo Hoo!” Everyone clapped with excitement and cheered loudly for the dancing flowers.

Joonhae gulped, “OH . It’s our turn.” 

“Well, here goes nothing,” Joona sighed.

“Last group performance, SHINee!” F(x) Manager announced.

The twins and SHINee members went up to the floor and stationed themselves in their position. Facing their back against the audience, the music started. In unison, they turned around and the crowd cooed as they displayed a flirting yet playful expression. Suddenly, their facial expression morphed into that of a hostile gaze, and they moved sharply with perfect synchronization as the beat kicked in. They were able to show some powerful dance moves through BTS’s Boy in Luv.

(Jin: Onew | V: Jonghyun | Suga: Key | Rap Mon: Minho | J-Hope: Taemin | Jungkook: Joonhae | Jimin: Joona)

“Woo! Joonie!” Baekhyun applauded whenever Joona lead the group. They danced skillfully with energetic footwork. And as the song comes to an end, the twins and SHINee members rotated their back against the audience once again.

The room roared with applause and cheers from the idols in the room. Many were surprised and amazed by the song selection as it’s not something SHINee usually danced to. “Daebak! Joona you were so cool!” complimented Baekhyun. “Joonhae, too!”

Joonhae flipped her hair, “Dangyeonhaji! That is to be expected.”

“Gomawoyo, Baekkie,” Joona replied. “You’re always cool!”

Joona then went in search for her bratty opponent. “Kkamjjag nollaji?” taunted Joona. “I guess I won this round. Better luck next time.”

Sehun scoffed, “Ya, the battle is not over. It’s just getting started.”

“Mwo?”

This is the preliminary,” Sehun patted her shoulder and grinned into her ear, “Noona, get your act together.” 

 


Hey! It's been... a year.... OTL

It seems I am really bad at keeping promises and I am really, really sorry. Last year was just hectic, and I was so stressed out with most of my classes. I'm in my senior year now, and I am busy with college application and all, but my some of my classes are rather layed back. So, I'll try to sneak in some time to work on this. Once again, I apologize. 

THE FOLLOWING ARE GREATLY ACCEPTED:

comments. subscribe. upvotes. love.