The Fashion Show

You and I: Things That Never Change

I called Suzy right after I went home from Soojung’s house. “Yeobeoseyo?” Suzy answered on the other line. “Hey Sue! It’s Taemin. Uhh.. I’m wondering why you’re calling earlier? I’m sorry I did not pick up your calls. I forgot my phone in my room.” I apologized. “It’s okay. By the way Minnie, I just called to ask you if you’re available tomorrow. Tomorrow is our magazine’s fashion show. And I’m one of the judges. I was wondering if you can accompany me tomorrow night.” She answered on the other line expectantly. “I would love to go! I mean, it’s once in a lifetime. And besides, I don’t have anything to do tomorrow, so it’s fine.” I said excitedly. “Great!! Then I’ll pick you up tomorrow at five. And wear formal attire. It’s my dad’s idea after all.” She said. Then we end the call with goodnights. I need to be getting ready tomorrow.

 

            The next day, I am busy choosing the right shirt to wear when Jongin came. Oh great timing! I’ll ask him what to wear. I’m really conscious on how I will look in the fashion show this night. I dragged Jongin inside my room and let him face my clothes.

“What am I going to wear? What do you think? I need your opinion Jonginnie!” I asked. “Well, how about a white overcoat and a black pants? You can match it with a black long sleeves to emphasis the overcoat. And you will look y with these colors.” Jongin explained. I liked his idea. “Oh! That’s wonderful! Thank you Jonginnie!” I exclaimed happily. Then he sat to my bed. He’s just looking at my movements. “Why do you seem to be so excited? Where are you going? On a date?” he asked. “Ani! It’s not a date. Suzy invited me last night to go with her to their company’s’ event. It is a fashion show which will be featured in the national television. So I need to look elegant too.” I answered. “The Etude’s fashion show? Is that where you’re attending?” Jongin asked me. “Yup!” I answered while trying to match the clothes. “Then it means you’ll also come and watch me on the stage.” Jongin said. I looked at him with confusing eyes. “What do you mean?” I asked him. “Well, I’m working part- time as a model in Etude magazine. Seems like you’re not an entertainment person eh?” Jongin said while chuckling. “You’re a model? A ramp model? What the hell Kim Jongin! Why did you not tell me?” I asked really shocked. “Well, you’re not asking.” He simply replied. So it means, Jongin is not just Soojung’s ordinary boyfriend. He’s actually a model. In other words, he’s an artist. It increased my envy towards Jongin. But he’s my friend, so I don’t need to felt jealous to him. After an hour of chit chatting with Jongin, he left. He said he needs to visit Soojung and try to convince her to come to the fashion show too. It will be fun if Soojung will go too.

 

I was already prepared for the event an hour earlier, because I’m really excited. And as expected, Suzy went to our house one hour earlier. She’s really an early bird. When I saw her, my jaw dropped literally. She’s really beautiful on her black dress. Her pinkish white skin was emphasized on her dress which gave her a glow. “You’re very beautiful Sue!” I complimented her. She then blushed and giggled at the same time. “Yah! I’m always beautiful! But anyway, thank you for the compliment.” She said and clings her arm around my arm. “Let’s go?” she asked. “Let’s go.” I said, and then smiled at her. “Mommy Lee! Daddy Lee! We’ll be going now!” Suzy said to mom and dad. She’s really comfortable with my parents. Then we went to the venue.

 

            When we entered the venue of the fashion show, I thought I was in another world. Everything around me is really awesome. Yes, awesome is the right word for what I’m seeing right now. A huge hall with super elegant chandelier on the high ceiling. The catwalk is really fabulous if you call it. And the guests were not just those guests. They were those prominent people with different businesses on their palms. I felt out- of- place in here. Especially right now, that some business personnel were approaching me and Suzy.

Suzy let go of my arms and made a cheek- to- cheek kiss to a prominent woman. She’s really elegant. I wonder what her age might be. Maybe she’s around her 30’s. “Madam, let me introduce you to my friend here, Lee Taemin. Taemin, she’s Madam Choi Ji Woo. Don’t you know her?” Madam? Is she married? Wait! Choi Ji Woo?? The actress? “Ch.. Choi Ji Woo? The superstar? The actress? She’s Choi Ji Woo??” I asked in disbelief. “Presto! She’s the oh so famous Choi Ji Woo.” Suzy answered. “My! Seems like your friend here is really shocked to see me in person.” Ms. Choi said. “Ye. This is my first time to see a very famous actress. I mean, I’m really a fan of Kdramas, even when I was in America. And right now that I’m seeing actually an actress with so much fame, I was really shocked, but delighted at the same time.” I explained. Madam Choi just chuckled and talked to Suzy after a minute of talking in casual with me. Then, I saw Ms. Song Hye Kyo, and Ms. Kim Tae Hee. Oh My Goodness! This is heaven.

Then I saw a girl walking towards us, or particularly, towards Suzy. Then she whispered something on Suzy’s ear. Suzy was silent for a moment. I saw how worried she was, then she suddenly smiled and looked at me. Oh! I smell trouble! “Taemin? I need to ask a favor. Please?” Suzy said while doing her cute eye smile. “As long as I can do it. What is it?” I asked feeling nervous. “Actually, there has been a commotion on the models. And the staff really needs another model to fulfill the task. Can you be a substitute model for that jerk that’s not going to show up tonight?” Suzy asked. Who could that jerk be? I sighed, and nodded slightly. “Really? You’re going to do it?” Suzy asked excitedly. I just nod and smile. I think there’s no harm in trying. Right on cue, the staff that approached Suzy earlier pulled me to the backstage where I will be dressed. I wonder where Jongin might be right now.

After 10 minutes of make- up and dressing, I am ready to walk to the runway. When I looked at myself in front of the mirror, I was astounded on how I looked. I’m not like the usual Taemin. And I was really in awe with those stylists who dressed me up in just ten minutes. Their skills were really outstanding. Right now, I’m wearing a white sleeveless shirt topped with a white overcoat, and a white pant paired with a pair of white boots. I’m in complete white and I felt really great with it. The only different color I’m wearing right now is the grey bead necklace. I saw some of the girl models were looking at me and giggling. I can’t help it. I think I need to get a copy of my style right now, and let my fan club see it. I am glowing right now because of my clothes, plus the fact that I have a milky white skin. What can I do?

“Mr. Lee, be ready. You will be on stage in 2 minutes.” The organizer noted me. “Yeah sure. Thanks.” I simply replied. I’m nervous right now. And I thought Jongin will be here. Where is he now? Is he the model I replaced? Then, it’s my time to the limelight. At first I don’t know what to do. Good thing I saw one of the male models walking before me, so I just need to copy the walk he’s using. When I entered the stage, the song Maxstep was played. And I really loved that song, so I walked while following the rhythm of the song and I saw a lot of people were looking at me in awe. And I saw Suzy at the center of all the people taking a shot of me on her camera. So to , I posed like a real model on the front stage, and I gave her a y smirk. Right at that moment, I saw how red she was. She’s blushing. Do I look hot? And I noticed other ladies were blushing, and some were star struck. I’m in good mood tonight. Then I went to the backstage. When I entered the backstage, the guy organizer dragged me to the last line and told me to wait until it’s my turn again, and then I will be dressed again to another clothes.

After 2 minutes, I walked again to the stage together with the other male and female models. And the song right now is Bingeul Bingeul. Another upbeat song that makes me energetic again. And I saw how everyone were satisfied on the models.

After our final pose, we exit the stage again and were dragged one by one by the stylists. This time, they dressed me in black. But it’s a lot different. I wore a sleeveless long shirt with turtle neck which looked like a female dress. And it was paired with skinny jeans, and a black combat boots. The accessories were also matched with the dress. On my arms, I wear black and gold gloves and a gold necklace in different length. Another un- Taemin thing. And I really looked like a girl this time. My skin was somehow exposed because of the dress. And my body was measured because of the skinny jeans. But over- all, it suits me really well. Is this what Jongin is about to wear? I think it won’t suit him well. Then it’s my turn to the runway again. And just like earlier, everybody were astounded by my presence. And the fashion show ended like that.

When I walked towards Suzy, she quickly hugged me and kissed my cheek. “You’re really great earlier! I never thought that you can walk like a professional model! It’s really daebak!!” she exclaimed excitedly. “I just listen to the song and that’s it. My body began to move according to the beat.” I explained. She just smiled at me and kissed me on my lips. Whoa!! She’s kissing me again? But right now, to be honest, I enjoyed it. After 10 seconds, she released me and blushed. I just patted her head and smiled. Then some of the guests walked towards us and congratulate us on the job well- done. And after a few hours of chit- chatting with the guests, we decided to call it a night. I dressed to my normal attire again and went home. I didn’t ask Suzy to send me home. So I just took a cab up to our house.

When I reached home, I didn’t expect someone. It’s Jongin.

 

 

 

AN: Taemin's attire here was inspired on his Maxstep clothes. He's really manly on the white one, and really prety on the black one. Hahaha.. the double facade of Taemin is really interesting.