Hospital Care

You and I: Things That Never Change

When I woke up, I felt a little dizzy and weak. When I looked around, I only saw white. The ceiling, the floor, the walls, and even the bed. I think I’m in the hospital right now. Just then, I saw Suzy entering the room. When she saw me fully awake, she hurriedly ran to me and gave me a big hug. “I’m glad you’re all right now.” She said while hugging me. “What happened?” I asked. “You collapsed earlier pabo! The doctor said you were dehydrated. He even said that you did not eat for the whole day. And you had a very high fever.” She explained. “What? I didn’t know I was dehydrated. And yeah, I have a fever since yesterday because of the heavy rain last two days ago.” I said chuckling. “And you even dared to chuckle like that huh? Don’t you know how worried I am when I saw you suddenly fell on the floor?” she said while furrowing her eyebrows. This is the first time I saw Suzy like that. And I can’t help but to smile. I pushed her eyebrows up so that she will look at me straightly again. Then she blushed. I missed her.

And for the next hours, she did not leave my side. She’s always there to assist me. She feeds me like a child, she changes my clothes, she changes the bed covers, and many other things. I felt really cared because of her. I wonder how I will repay her.

            “Hey, I think I should call your parents now.” Suzy said while getting her phone. “No! Don’t do that Sue!” I held her hand. “Care to give me a valid reason?” she asked me, with her arms crossed on her chest. “Well, because.. I don’t want to ruin their vacation. Just let them enjoy their free times. Besides, this is the only time they can enjoy without being worried. So don’t call them okay? I’m fine now, thanks to you.” I said while holding her hands. She giggled slightly and decided to hide her phone on her pocket. “Arasso! For now, go to sleep. The doctor said you need to regain your strength.” She said then adjusts my pillow so I can sleep comfortably. I fell asleep immediately after a minute. Gosh! I’m really tired!

                        When I woke up the next day, I was shocked to see who’s with me on the hospital. It was mom and dad. Together with Soojung and Jongin. And Suzy’s talking to my mom when I woke up. Mom quickly ran towards me and hugged me tight. “Oh My Goodness Taemin! What happened to you? We thought you’re out of town? And then Suzy called us last night to say that you’re in the hospital.” She said with teary eyes. Aisshh!! I looked at Suzy with furious eyes. But she just winked at me, and sticked out her tongue. “Yah! Bae Seu Ji! What did I tell you last night?” I shouted. “Oops! I’m sorry, I slipped last night!” Suzy said while covering while smiling. “Aiisshh!! Jinja! Just wait until I can stand again! I’ll make you pay for this.” I joked which gave me a wild glare from my mom. Then, she smacked my head. “Pabo! If Suzy did not call us, what will happen to you? Don’t you know how worried we are to you?” mom said. “Mianhe. It’s because, I don’t want to ruin your vacation.” I explained feeling shy. “When did you arrive?” Jongin asked me. “Huh? Ahh.. I just arrived yesterday morning. The other seminars were cancelled because the speakers had some urgent matters to deal with. And besides, I really felt weak the day before I collapsed. So good thing that the seminar was canceled.” I lied. At that time, Suzy walked through me and adjust my pillow. She’s so caring. When I glared to Soojung, she was looking at Suzy with a frowned expression. What’s with her? She doesn’t even ask me if I’m okay or not. She just sat there quietly. “But, I thought you..” before Suzy can even continue her sentence, I quickly covered and stared at her to tell her to be quiet. “What’s wrong?” mom asked. “Nothing mom. I just wanted to get some revenge to Suzy.” I lied again while still covering . When I let her go, she gasped for air and I can’t help but to laugh. “Serves you right babe!” I laughed, and stick my tongue out. “Yah! If you do that again, I will never talk to you!” Suzy warned while still gasping for air. The others were just staring at us while smiling. Then I hugged Suzy while laughing. I think I regained my strength because of her. Then she hugged me back. Just then, I heard someone went out of the room. And to my surprise, it was Soojung.

 

 

 

 

AN: Well, honestly, This is the shortest chapter I wrote. hahahaha