I Love You!

You and I: Things That Never Change

I can’t find Jongin anywhere, so I thought he must have gone home when he found out that I’m not in our house. Before I fell asleep, I’ve heard Soojung yelling at someone. So I quickly got out of my bed and head straight to Soojung’s house. When I entered the gate, I saw Soojung fuming with anger, while Jongin is in front of her crying silently. “Soojung.. please, don’t do this to me. I love you so much, and it hurts me to know that you’re leaving me without any reason.” Jongin begged while trying to hold Soojung’s hands. Soojung just looked at Jongin without emotions. What the hell is wrong with her? I don’t know what’s happening on the Soojung I know since we were children. She’s stubborn and selfish now, which I can’t understand why. I don’t know her anymore. From my place in the garden, I went to their direction with a fuming anger inside.

            “Jongin! I thought you’re in my room. What are you doing here? I thought you and Soojung broke up? What now?” I asked pretending to be ignorant on what’s happening. “It’s none of your business Taemin. Leave us alone.” Instead of Jongin, Soojung said those words. “Really? Then I think I shall go now. And by the way Soojung.. you’re not my best friend anymore. Why?? Because you’re not the Soojung I knew from the start. Maybe you’re right that Suzy is my new best friend after all.” I said stubbornly. But deep inside, I know my true self is only lying. I don’t know why, but I felt responsible on their break up. Stop thinking like that Taemin!

            After I said those words, I left the scene without talking anymore. I’m in the middle of the garden when suddenly Soojung said the most amazing, wonderful, and the most beautiful word of all, “Taemin oppa!! I LOVE YOU!!” she shouted. I was dumbfounded on what I heard at first, but I managed to look at her. Now, she’s crying. And I saw Jongin crying too. I felt very responsible on this two, so I walked straight to them and hug them both. I don’t want to cry because if I did that, I will just feel more embarrassed and responsible for them. “Soojung, I love you too, but as a friend, and as a sister. There’s nothing more. And Jongin, if you keep on crying like that, how will you be able to manage Soojung? How can you win her back like that?” I said while smiling like there isn’t any problem. But deep inside, my heart is crying from happiness, because Soojung told me that she loves me, but at the same time, very sad, because I know what Jongin felt when his girlfriend told his best friend that she loves him. I need to get out of here, because I can feel my tears prickling my eyes now. And anytime soon, I will cry for sure. So without looking back, I left them, and as I expected, my tears left my eyes. I can’t stop my tears from rolling down my cheeks.

            Instead of going back home, I ran to the park near our subdivision to let go of all the emotions in my heart. Not everyone knows I am always sneaking out of the house every time I wanted to let my emotions take me away. When I reached the park, I sat on my favorite spot, the bench under the cherry blossom tree, and there, I let my tears burst out wishing that tomorrow, everything will be back to normal. The park is so peaceful, and only one cry can be heard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AN: I really hate myself!! Why am I writing really short chapters?? 

Again and again everyone, Mianhamnida!! Jeongmal Mianhamnida!!!!