The Sudden Goodbye

You and I: Things That Never Change

The next day for some reason, I felt like not getting out of my bed or something. It seems like all my strength banished last night because of too much crying. And so I did. I did not left the comfort of my bed, even to get some food. All I wanted to do today is to lie down my bed and do nothing. Maybe stare at the ceiling, or maybe sleep again. Since mom and dad are not around for a week, I will be alone at the house. When I checked my phone, I was shocked to see a lot of missed calls from Soojung and Jongin. At the same time, there are 27 text messages from the both of them. I don’t want to think of anything that happened last night. I just wanted to be numb and dumb at the same time. For once, all I wanted is to clear my head, and only to go with my imaginary clouds.

            I was deep on my thoughts when I heard my phone ringing. I know that ringtone. It’s Suzy who is calling. I picked up my phone lazily and answered the call, “Yeobeoseyo?” I answered lazily. “Oh! Did I just wake you up? I’m sorry.” Suzy said. I can feel her guilt from her voice. “Aniyo! I’m just lazy for today. Anyway, what’s up? Why did you call?” I asked. “Well, I wanted to say goodbye now.” Suzy answered on the other line. I was dumbfounded on her words. “What do you mean? Are you going out of the country again?” I asked hoping I will not hear the words I don’t want to hear. “Yes. I will be out of the country… but I will never come back again Taemin.” She said. There! I heard the words I don’t want to hear from a friend. “Taemin? I’m sorry if this is so sudden, but my dad gave me our company in France, so I don’t have any choice but to obey his order. I’m really sorry.” I heard her crying from the other line. “No! Sue, please don’t cry. I understand your situation. I’m not mad or something. Maybe I’m just sad because my closest friend now is leaving me.” I managed not to cry so Suzy won’t cry more. “Oppa,” she said while sniffling. “Yes baby girl?” I asked smiling because of her sniffs. “You know that I like you right? Well honestly, I was very happy when you befriended me. You see, I don’t have that much of what you called true friends. That’s why I’m thankful that you accepted me as Bae Sue Ji, and not the infamous Bae Suzy. And I’m also glad that despite all my moves to you it did not turn you off. I know it’s really spontaneous and liberated, but I can’t control my feelings everytime I see your eyes, and your smiles. That’s why I always wanted to do something just to be with you. And you know what, right now, I’m starting to love you. But I guess this will be a one- sided love. I understand you very well. The first time I saw you at the coffee shop, I sensed that you’re in love with Soojung. That’s why everytime I’m with you, all I did is to get your attention away from her. I know it’s a selfish act, but I can’t keep my feelings inside the box and just watch you spacing out at the thought of her. But you know what, after the kiss last night, I realized that you can’t love me the way I love you. Because your heart will belong to the girl beside your house.” She said while chuckling lightly. I was speechless on everything. “Suzy.. I love you too. But it is not like the love I always felt for Soojung since we were children. But to be honest, I’m very blessed to have you as my dear friend. And I love you for that. You’re my crying shoulder everytime I’m on my downiest state and my savior everytime I need company. I’m sorry if I can’t return your feelings for me.” I said guiltily. “Aniyo! It’s alright Taemin. So.. We’re good now?” she asked. Right now, I can imagine her bright smile. “Of course. We’ll be good forever!” I said laughing. I also heard her laugh on the other line. “Oppa! Just promise me one thing. You will never forget me okay?” she said suddenly. Unconsciously, I felt my tears flowing down my cheeks. “Of course. How can I forget a very beautiful friend?” I said chuckling even though my tears kept on falling. Well, at least I managed my voice to be steady. “When will you leave?” I asked. “This afternoon.” She answered. “I’ll miss you.” I said. “I’ll miss you more Taemin. Please, if ever you need a friend, don’t hesitate to call or email me okay?” she said over the phone. I just nod. “So… this is goodbye now. Annyeong Taemin oppa!” she said over the phone. “Annyeong, Suzy.” I said weakly over the phone. Then I heard her hanging up. After that, I wept silently on my bed and thought of our good times.

“Annyeong, Bae Sue Ji. Saranghamnida!” I whispered. Then weep again.

 

 

 

 

AN: Aww!!! Bye Bye to Suzy now friends. I've decided to end the story earlier, because school papers are starting to make me craaazzzyy!!!