The Call

You and I: Things That Never Change

I woke up the next day with a phone call. Mom and dad are not on the house already, so I need to drag my sleepy body towards the phone to our living room. When I reached the phone, I sleepily answered it. “Yeobeoseyo?” I answered. “Hello? May I speak to Mr. Lee Taemin?” the man asked in English. I guess he’s an American, because of the way he speaks. “This is Lee Taemin speaking.” I’m worried right now. What about this phone call now?

“Oh! Good thing you answered this call Mr. Lee. I am Dr. Howard Foster. I’m you’re grandparent’s family doctor here in America. You’re grandfather told me that you’re the only relative I can talk to right now, so I tried to call you.” He explained. Now I’m worried like hell! “That’s alright Dr. Foster. But, what’s the problem?” I asked him in English. “You see, your grandmother has an illness right now, and all she says is she wanted to see you. Your grandfather is really weak because of depression for your grandmother. We’re doing any remedies we can, but she refuses everything we offer her. And I’m really asking for your help right now. Please, go back here in America. Your grandparents need you. And please, tell your mom and dad about this.” He explained. I was shocked to hear that. Then I felt like crying. “Yeah. Sure Dr. Foster. I’ll tell my parents. Please take good care of them while we’re not there.” I answered sadly. “Alright. But please don’t take too long.”  Dr. Foster said, and then he hangs up.

            When I hang up, I felt lost. My grandparents are not in a good condition right now. I thought everything will turn back to normal, but I guess that won’t be happening. Then all my promises to Soojung will turn to nothing after all.

 

 

 

AN: Now, really, the end is going nearer. Who will be together in a happy ending?