Huh?

You and I: Things That Never Change

I was checked out of the hospital the next day when the doctor confirmed that I’m totally healthy. But I never saw Soojung when I went out of the hospital. Is she still mad at me? But why does she have to take my refusing on the vacation a big deal? I need to talk to her. I’m really curious on her actions.

 

            When we get back to the house, I hurriedly went to Soojung’s house. But to my surprise no one’s home. So I waited for Soojung to come back. It’s already 10 in the evening, but no Soojung. She doesn’t usually go home late. And I’m sure Jongin will be very furious when he learned that Soojung’s not in their house. I need to call Jongin now. But when I’m about to dial Jongin’s number, I saw Soojung walking.

“Yah! Jung Soojung!” I shouted. She was astounded on my yell. I’m really mad right now. I walked towards her, and I noticed that she’s groggy. What the hell!?! She’s drunk? I furiously grabbed her arms and looked at her intently. Her eyes were somehow sleepy. “You’re drunk? What’s wrong with you Soojung? You’re never like this!” Instead of answering, she cried. I was dumbfounded with her act, so I soothed her back. “Taemin! Why do you have to do this to me? Why do you have to do this to me?” she said between her cry. I don’t know what she’s talking about. “What do you mean? I didn’t do anything to you.” I said calmly. “Tss! You’re a jerk! Don’t you know that?” she said while still leaning on my chest. She stopped crying, but she’s still sobbing. “I know that I’m a jerk when I refused your invitation to come and have a vacation in Jeju Island. But, I don’t know why you’re so mad at me. I didn’t do anything that makes you so mad at me. Now tell me why.” I said. “Is that Suzy girl with you since the day we left for Jeju?” she asked me. “Ani! I told you I’m on a seminar.” I lied. “Liar! You’re with her all the time!” she said while griping my arms stronger. I winced at the pain when her fingernails dug to my skin. “But that’s the truth. The day I collapsed, she just coincidentally visited me. So she eagerly rushed me to the hospital when I fell to the floor.” I explained to her eagerly. Just then, she looked at me with furrowed eyes. Huh? “Are you somehow.. falling for her?” she asked me while looking at me intently. I don’t know either. Why did she ask me that suddenly? “I don’t know. But I liked her since the day I spent time with her.” I answered honestly. Somehow, Suzy is dear to me. She’s my close friend, and I’m comfortable with her. But why is Soojung so mad at her? Is it because she’s thinking that I forgot that she’s my best friend? “Yah! If you’re thinking that Suzy is now my best friend, you’re wrong. You’re still my best friend, and no one will ever replace you. Suzy is a close friend of mine, and I don’t think it is necessary for you to be jealous of our friendship.” I explained to her while patting her head. She looked at me with disgust. Then, before she can speak again, she fell asleep. Aisshh!! Good thing she went home before she fell asleep. I carried her up to her room. I did not tell Mr. and Mrs Jung about Soojung’s drunken state. When I entered her room, I laid her down to her bed and quickly take her shoes off. Then I quickly ran to the bathroom and grab a damp towel.

            I gently wiped her face and neck with the towel. Then I wiped her arms just to ease the heat. I know that Soojung doesn’t drink, so I was really shocked to see her drunk. I am still wiping her arms when she mumbled something on her sleep. I can’t clearly hear what she’s saying. But it sounds like falling and I hate it. HUH? What is she mumbling? Well, maybe she’s dreaming right now. So I left her on her bed and I quickly went out of the room. I said goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Jung before I go back to our house. I wonder what Soojung’s mumbling earlier.

 

            When I got home, I went straight to my room and checked my phone. There are 5 missed calls from Suzy, and 10 text messages. What is it all about? I’ve decided to call her.

 

 

 

AN: This is a little short too! I'm sorry guys! hahaha