Alone Time By Myself

You and I: Things That Never Change

It’s been a week since Suzy left Korea. And it’s been a week since I ignore Soojung and her weird things. And I’m all alone in our house again. Damn!! I’m so bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I can have something to do right now. Then it popped out of my mind. Why didn’t I even think of going to the mall? For sure there will be a lot of sales and new trends today. Well, better get ready.

            When I arrived at the mall, I was overwhelmed to see that it’s not that crowded. Well, what can you have in a busy at work Monday? Good thing that I am a teacher so I don’t have to bother myself from working too hard. Anyways, I first went to a cosmetics shop to buy some of my beauty maintenance. I know you’re all thinking what a weird thing it is for a guy to buy cosmetics and some other beauty products, but that’s what I always wanted. I’m not a gay or something, I just love to take good care of my skin. I bought my ever best friend BB Cream, a night cream, a day cream (Day and Night cream are different), a facial wash, and a lip balm, because I always wanted my lips to be moist and fresh. I always hate chapped lips. ‘Well, too much for a guy.’ I know that’s what the sales lady’s thinking. I even saw her looking at me, so I flashed my killer smile, and then she melts. I saw her blushing and became conscious of her hair and face, although her hair’s in a tight bun. When I collected my cosmetics, she smiled at me and giggled slightly. What a good start.

            After my encounter with that sales lady, it continued for the whole afternoon. I went to a couture shop to buy coats and ties for my liking, and the sales ladies gathered around me like there’s no tomorrow. I felt like I was a celebrity. I just smiled at them all, and all I could hear are their giggles and sighs. Well, with that I smiled more often. Now I realized that even a stranger can make you smile.

            After shopping, I suddenly felt hungry, so I went to a dukbokki shop at the mall. It was a good feeling when you eat after a tiring shopping here and there. After eating, I went out of the mall to walk to a park nearby. It’s a cool day for a summer vacation. The park has a lot of trees and benches. I saw children playing at the playground, while their mothers are chit-chatting with each other. It’s a warm feeling inside. The children playing around and their mothers nearby make my heart flutter. So right from my place at the benches, I took some photos of the good scene in front of me. Then suddenly, a ball is rolling towards me. When I picked up the ball, I saw a cute little boy scampers towards me with a shy smile on her cute lips. But he’s not going to me, but remained standing on his place. I think he’s hesitating to approach me. “Is this yours?” I asked him with a sweet smile. He nods fast. “Uhmm.. Hyung... Mianhamnida. I didn’t mean to distract you with my ball.” He said in a shy and somewhat scared voice. He kept on looking at the ground. So I stood and kneel down to his height. “It’s alright. What’s your name?” I asked him while patting his head lightly. “I’m Park Joonki.” He answered in a polite manner. I smiled on how he answers me. He’s so cute. “What a nice name. Well, my name is Lee Taemin. But you can call me Minnie-hyung. That’s what my friends call me.” I explained while introducing myself to the little boy. Then his face lit up. It seems like his burden has been lifted when I introduced myself to him. “Hyung! Can you play with me? I don’t have any playmates, because they don’t like me.” He asked while expecting for my answer. Then I smiled and nods. And that’s how our friendship started.

            We played around with the ball, and then we tried to play it-game, but unfortunately Joonki kept on stumbling so we stopped playing that game. Then we went to the swings and played with it. And after seems like forever, we stopped playing and just stared to the other kids at the playground while eating our ice cream. “Hyung! That’s really awesome. I never thought that I can play like that.” The little kid beside me said. I smiled on him and patted his head gently. “You can always do that together with those kids over there.” I said while looking gently into his eyes. “But they don’t like me. They just stare at me and then leave me at the corner of the playground. I know they’re all thinking that I’m weird. But I’m not.” He said weakly, tears starting to well on his eyes. I smiled and wiped his tears. “What if they’re just shy to approach you? What if they want to befriend you, but is doubting because you’re always silent and at the corner? Don’t you think it is better if you try to approach them instead of waiting for them?” I asked, hoping to clear up his mind. Then he smiled and nods. Then he left me and walked towards the children. In just a matter of seconds, they started to play with him. I sighed on the scene. Atlast! Joonki found his friends. then I saw him running to me with a smile plastered on his lips. “Hyung! You’re right! They wanted to be friends with me!” he exclaimed, and then he hugged me. “Thank you Minnie-hyung!” he said and run to his new found friends again. I was shocked, but I felt warmth on his embrace. It’s like I found a little brother with him. I just kept on looking at the children, and I didn’t notice that it’s already dark. And one by one, the children go home with their mothers. And I was left at the park alone. So I’ve decided to go home as well. Since mom and dad were out-of-town again, I need to prepare my own dinner.

            It’s been a tiring but pleasant and warm day for me. After eating dinner, I went straight to my room. I’m so tired and sleepy, so a good night sleep will be the most effective way to lose my exhaustion. When I opened the door to my room, I was shocked to see Soojung and Jongin sitting on my bed while looking at me and smiling. What the Hell?