The Breakup

You and I: Things That Never Change

When I reached home, I didn’t expect someone. It’s Jongin.

What is he doing here at this time? “Jongin! What are you doing here? And why didn’t you attend the fashion show?” I asked him. He just remained silent while looking at the cement. “Hey! Are you alright? What’s wrong?” I asked him again, this time slightly worried. And then he looked at me and tears fell down his eyes. WHAT THE HELL????

 

I let him inside the house and dragged him to my room, so that my parents will not be curious on why he’s crying. “Now tell me what’s with the crap?” I asked him while sitting on a stool in front of him. He’s sitting on my bed. “Soojung and I broke up earlier.” He managed to say between his cry. What?? Broke up?

            “What the Hell?? Why did you two broke up?” I asked in disbelief. “She broke up with me last night when I visited her on their house. And I really don’t know the reason why she did that.” He answered, and then his tears were flowing rapidly on his cheeks. “What did you told her last night which gave her a decision to break up with you?” I asked him. “I don’t know! I just told her that I will be modeling some of the branded clothes of Etude. Then I said that you and Suzy will be coming to the fashion show too. At first she seemed excited but when I told her about you and Suzy, she began to frown and managed to change her mind. She said she will not come on the fashion show, and I was shocked to hear that from her. So I asked her, what’s the big deal of seeing you and Suzy together? Then and then, she began to quarrel at me. And we ended breaking up. Then I left.” He explained to me. I was really shocked to hear that. And Jongin’s right. What’s the big deal of seeing me and Suzy together? Is she still doubtful about our best friend relationship? I really don’t know her this time.

            “So that’s the reason why you did not attend the fashion show? But why didn’t you called or texted me last night if that’s what happened?” I asked. “Because I don’t want to interrupt you from your sleep. And I thought I can still patch things up, but then she did not talk to me. So I’ve decided not to go to the fashion show, because I know I will screw up if I walk to the stage with this feeling.” He explained. Somehow, he’s right. “Do you want me to talk to her?” I asked. I take this problem as mine too. Because first of all, they were both my best friend, and I can’t take it to see them setting apart. “Please. I really want to know the reason. And I wanted her back. I love her so much.” He said while wiping his tears. I just patted his shoulder.

Since it’s really late now, I let Jongin sleep in my room. I’m his hyung after all, and I need to protect him too. But I kept on wondering what’s wrong with Soojung. Each day that passed, I can see the changes in her. Maybe, I’m just the only one assuming that she will never change just like how she was when we were children. I was scared to realize her changes, because I don’t know what will happen after that. While I was thinking about that, I’ve decided to call Suzy. I need some fresh company that can understand my dilemma.

Oh! I forgot to tell you, I’ve already confessed my feelings for Soojung to Suzy. She accepted my confession, but she’s more determined to get me now. Well, she really is a tough chick.

After two rings, I heard her voice on the other line. “Yeobeoseyo? Minnie, why did you call this late at night?” she asked. I think I just disturbed her sleep. “I’m sorry Sue. I just wanted some company this time, but don’t worry, I’ll hang up now.” I said. But before I hung up, I heard her over the line. “Minnie wait!! If you want some company, then maybe I’m available. Besides, my parents are not here, and Alyssa is a very fast sleeper. Want to go out?” she said. “I’ll just go to your house. Is that alright?” I asked. I’m feeling dizzy right now. I don’t know why. “Of course!” she exclaimed. “I’ll be there. I’ll hang up now. Bye.” I said, and then end the call.

 

 

 

 

 

AN: Short chapters continue to pour!!!