The Manor

Hello Cold World II: The Colors Of Thunder

Chapter 5

The Manor

 

 

 

It was now Friday morning and both sleepyheads weren't awake yet. The door of the quiet bedroom opened, letting in an excited German Shepard. The big dog stood up at the edge of the bed and started barking, waking up Seonyul & G.O. With her still eyes closed, she was begging the dog to stop barking, thinking that it was her own. "Balto… Shut it, please"

 

"Yah~" He kept barking, while climbing on the bed, next to her, and starts her face. The sudden ticklish feeling was making her laugh as she tried to push him away by covering her face with her arms.

 

"Stop it, please. It tickles!"

 

She opens her eyes only to spot another dog than hers. She suddenly remembers the events from last night when she realizes she wasn't in her bed from her own bedroom. "What the…"

 

"Oh, you're awake" Back on the sofa, G.O has been awake for a while now. He hasn't spoken until now, amused by how cuddly his dog was acting towards her, letting the moment last a little longer. Hearing him, she looks back at him and tilted her head to the side, a little confusion flashing across her eyes. "What are you doing here?"

 

"Saved you from almost freezing to death." He laughs when he sees her eyes widen up from shock and sudden embarrassment. "Oh… Thanks, I guess…"

 

"Does it happen often?"

 

"What?"

 

"Sleeping outside?"

 

"No, sorry about that." He chuckles at the way her response sounded cute and shy to his ears leaving a smile across his face. "It's okay, at least I got there in time."

 

 

"So… I guess you live here too?"

 

"Too? Who else did you meet?"

 

"Hmm… Mir, I think his name was?"

 

"When did you met him?"

 

"Last week. Actually, it was on the same day that I met you too."

 

"Well, that's two out of five I guess."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Never mind… So, want a ride?" He got up on his feet and walked to the edge of the bed with his hands in his pocket showing her a caring one sided smile on his face. "It's okay, I don't live far. I can walk home."

 

"With that dress in that weather?" He raises an eyebrow thinking that she must be pretty crazy to walk back to her place with all the snow which would be pretty difficult in her shoes and  especially because of the length of her dress. "What's wrong with the weather? It's just snow." She chuckles at his expression, but can still sense that he won't give up until she agrees to have a ride back home. "It's still cold outside, let me give you a ride. Please?"

 

"Sure, why not…"

 

She got out of the bed, the dog still by her side, and was heading towards the door with G.O behind her. As they were making their way to the main entrance, G.O stopped her and told her to wait while he would let his roommates know his whereabouts. While she was sitting on the small round couch waiting for him, someone was coming towards her. He was tall, had golden hair and sleepy eyes. He was wearing a tight wife-beater and a pair of sweats. Despite the change of appearance, she quickly recognized him and blushed as she remembered last night's kiss. On the other hand, the man with the golden hair watched the lady in front of him carefully. Recognizing her, he eventually knew who she was. They were now staring at each other, but before he was able to speak, G.O came back and patted his friend of the back.

 

"Good morning Cheondung"

 

"Yea… Good morning." His eyes haven't diverted from her, mainly focusing on the way she was looking at him.

 

After a brief moment of awkward silence, G.O quickly took Seonyul's hand and walked out of the house, leaving his friend behind without a word, ready to drive the lady back to her home.

 

Only a few minutes later, they were now in the car, parked in front of Seonyul's house. Still in the passenger seat, she turns to him and shyly thanks him for the ride and for taking care of her last night.

 

"No problem"

 

"Do you want to come in? I mean… if you want. Or maybe you can't… It's okay, forget I asked -"

 

"May I?"

 

"What?"

 

"Come in?"

 

"Sure"

 

They got out of the car and went up the stairs until they finally reached the porch and walked inside. Seonyul told G.O to make himself comfortable while she goes to change since she was still wearing her dress. With her out of sight, he now found himself alone in the parlor and quietly looked around. Beautiful, he thought. He got up from the couch and walked around looking at every piece that decorated the room: framed pictures, books, etc. Slowly walking out of the room, he made his way to the sitting room. Nothing special caught his eye and continued to make his way to the solarium, the brightest room of the house: windows everywhere, as well as pots of plants and flowers made the look of this room much more alive. As he was walking to the dining room, Seonyul walked down the stairs and saw G.O standing next to the table, smiling. "I hope you don't mind, I kind of got curious"

 

"Do you want a tour?"

 

"Sure, why not?"

 

With that in mind, she showed him her house. After the dining room, they went to the kitchen and went back upstairs showing the complex design of the second floor until they reached their last stop: the attic.

 

"Wow." He was speechless for a moment to what was in front of him. She looked at him, surprised herself from the reaction he was giving her, thinking that it wasn't a big deal. "Really?"

 

" Yes"

 

"There's not much in here… I sometime use it as an extra room for my art stuff"

 

"Art?"

 

"Hmm. I could use the basement, but it's to scary for my liking." He chuckles at her response, finding it  sweet that she could still be afraid of the dark at her age. "So, what kind of wart do you do?"

 

"Anything really, but I do enjoy painting a lot"

 

"A future artist maybe?"

 

"As much as I love it, I prefer museums than art galleries"

 

He walks over to the couple of paintings that were further away from the room and closely examines them. Some were big and others were small. Some unfinished while others where already framed. Standing next to a pile of canvas by the wall, next to the window, he turns to her, an amazed expression on his face. "You really have talent"

 

"Thanks." He walks over to one specific painting that caught his eye from the first glance. He lightly grazes over it, falling for the way the colors seemed to be in perfect harmony. "A lot of colors…"

 

"That's how I like them"

 

"Any thoughts about selling them?"

 

"No"

 

"Why?"

 

"Well, because painting is just another way of keeping a diary"

 

"Picasso…"

 

"Yes sir. I'm not really good when it comes to words. Being a loner does that to you. So, instead, I use colors to express myself"

 

"I see… Then you must be a pretty optimistic person"

 

"I guess… What about you? What are your colors?" She looks at him, slightly tilting her head to the side curiosity was all over her face, wanting to know more about the man she was showing her world to. "Black, white… and maybe a little bit of grey in between"

 

"That's… nice? I'm suppose to be the depressing loner, not you!" She playfully pushes him by the shoulder while they both started to laugh at their statements, lighting up the atmosphere between them. "Well, you're the one with the colors"

 

She gives him a last smile and calms down as their laughter dies down a little bit. She looks back at the painting and back at him, lightly biting the corner of her bottom lip. "Do you want it?"

 

"The painting?"

 

"Sure, why not?"

 

"I can't… I thought it was your diary"

 

"You're the one who needs some color in your life. I have plenty of colors just right here. You need to spill some color in your life: light it up a bit." She shrugs, acting as if it wasn't a big deal to give him her work, knowing that he couldn't take his eyes off of it. 

 

"Still -"

 

"Please. See it as a gift. You can't refuse a gift"

 

"Thank you." He gives up fighting with her and shakes his head as he lets a breath out, feeling completely defeated. She winks at him and smirks while he simply shakes his head once again, amused by the way she seemed to be so amused with the matter.

 

"And maybe when I die… you can sell it." 

 

 

 

 


The painting in question ^^: http://wallpaperswide.com/abstract_painting_2-wallpapers.html

And yes! The famous manor of Charmed is Seonyul's house ^^

I'm just soooooo in love with that place \*o*/

 

So... how about G.O & Seonyul, huh? ;) 

From the three men she already met, there's already one of them who is 'crushing' on her, it can be the three of them, it can be none of them, who knows?

......

And you ain't gonna find out for a looooooooong time x)