7th of February

Hello Cold World II: The Colors Of Thunder

Chapter 2

7th of February

 

 

 

This past week went by relatively fast and Seonyul found herself spending her Thursday with her mother helping her prepare for the masquerade ball. She got the approval of her father the night she received her invitation, which is unusual for him since he usually agrees for those kinds of events if there's at least more detail than a simple anonymous invitation card. Nonetheless, she was glad he accepted.

 

To make it a little bit more special for her daughter, Seonyul's mom brought over a hairdresser and a stylist to help her with the preparation. The dress was already bought during the week since they went shopping together and all that was left were the final steps to transform her daughter into Cinderella.

 

From the side, she watched her daughter getting pampered by the professionals, Seonyul looking at herself in the mirror in front of her with an approval nod and with the suggestion that were coming up about the type of hairstyle and make-up that could fit best with the dress she'll be wearing.

 

All the mother did was simply watch from afar, an uncomfortable feeling rushing over to her heart as her gaze never left her daughter. She had a bad feeling about something but she was just hoping that it was a false alarm.

 

My beautiful daughter, I don't know what lies ahead but I know something bad is going to happen; I can feel it. He better protect you while I'm gone.

 

Seonyul looked up and saw her mother watching her. She smiled at her showing her excitement. "Mom! What do you think about the hair?"

 

"Gorgeous." With a gentle smile across her lips, that same feeling disappeared only to be replaced by nostalgia, watching her baby girl all grown up.

 

"Good! 'Cause I like it too!"

 

"All heads will be turning to you when you go in"

 

"Well better not since it's not my party." She chuckles at her response, happy to see that her 'transformation' was having a good result.

 

"Off course."  That same smile was still painted across her lips as she got up form her seat and headed towards the entrance, giving a last look at her daughter before leaving.

 

 

 

 

It was now time for the ball and Seonyul was ready to go. Since her parents were heading to the airport, they decided to bring her to the party before leaving.

Sitting in the back of the car, she was starting to freak out a little bit. It was the first time she was ever invited to those kinds of parties, and this adds to the fact that she was barely the type to go out at night and have fun.

 

 

Within the very few minutes, she was now in front of the house.

 

Still sitting inside of the car, she was feeling reluctant to get out and before she knew it, someone was opening the door from her side only to see her father was stretching his hand out to help his daughter out of the car. She reached out to him, and thanked him, the nervous tone not escaping his hearing. "Are you nervous?"

 

"Yes"

 

"Don't need to be, honey. You'll be just fine." He smiles at her as he hugged her, giving her his reassurance that everything was going to be fine. "You think so?"

 

"Off course! Just enjoy your night and don't go home too late"

 

"Yes daddy"

 

Before she makes her way up the stairs that lead to the front door, both of her parents wished her luck and hopes that she calls them once she gets back home. She nods and tells them to have a nice vacation. Walking up the stairs she could hear the music from outside and it only made her more nervous.

 

It seems like the party already started.

 

Now she was standing in front of the door and some guard requested her invitation card. She gave it to him and let her in by opening the door and wished her to have a good time.

 

Okay, now I'm in. You can do it Seonyul. Fighting!

 

 

 

Inside the mansion, five young men greeted their guests. The leader of the group was standing at the top of the staircase situated at the grand entrance while his brothers were scattered on this same staircase looking at their guests whishing them to have a good time. It was a party after all.

 

It was way past 7 o'clock and the youngest of the five started to get worried. He sent out a special invitation to a certain lady in the hopes that she will be able to make it. Walking through the multiples little crowds that were invading the grand entrance, he was carefully looking for this lady. Seeing that his research was a failure, he made his way to the ballroom and joined the rest of his brothers, who were standing by the white piano on the other side of the room, praying that she will show up.

 

 

And right at this moment, the front door of the house opened up, letting in to reveal the Cinderella of the night.