Call You What?

Who Would It Be?

  Out of the blue, I heard a growling sound. I chuckled, “it seems like someone has not eaten his dinner yet.” “Shut up!” he turned his face. “Here, I have some chocolates,” I passed him a bar of chocolate I took from my bag. “GaYeong-unnie gave me this. But I think you need this more than I do.”

   “I don’t need it.” He said curtly. Can he stop being so stubborn?                              

   “Oh come on, consider this as a sign of apology from me,” I tried to make a puppy-face, but failed.

   “You’re not cute.” That was a totally wrong thing to do.

   He took the chocolate from my hand, unwrapping it, then slowly eating it.

   HE ATE THE CHOCOLATE I GAVE HIM.

   “Even though it’s not a proper sign of apology, it doesn’t taste so bad.” I smiled, he talked to me!

   “But remember, I still have no intention to be your friend.”

  DOES HE REALLY NEED TO SAY THAT?!

“Well I am not, sunbaenim. I’m your hobae, right?” I looked at his eyes, expecting an answer coming out from his mouth.

   He also looked at me, our eyes met. My heart beats fast, again. He looked at me with a confused look, but then he gave me his well-known smirk, “Yes.” I smiled widely, even wider than Chanyeol’s I believe. Does this mean the cold war has just ended? I’m screaming, deep inside my heart. I feel so happy I could just fly.

You’re very cute if you’re not arrogant, cold, or heartless, you know?

 Please, just stay this way.

Hyung, I’m sleepy.” I said as I rub my eyes.

Oh, no.  I was wrong.

Kai’s eyes bugged out. “You’re.. a girl, aren’t you?” “OPPA! I mean oppa!” I quickly corrected my sentence. Silence filled the elevator. He suddenly chuckles, “I forgot, you’re not a Korean.” He swallowed the last piece of chocolate. “You’re stupid but cute.” He gave me a piece of chocolate. The very last piece. “You can eat this, because you’re cute.” Who is acting cute now?

   “No thanks, I’m not hungry.”

   “I demand you to eat this.”

   “I—“

   “Eat.” He reinforces his voice.

   “O—okay.” I took the chocolate from his hand. I’m kind of hesitated, because from the way he demanded me to eat the chocolate, he could add a poison to the chocolate. I’m imagining things too much. But, nothing is impossible right…

  “Eum, sunbnaenim.” I had nothing to say, I just wanted to know, will he respond? “Heum?”

HE RESPONDED.

   “No need to be so formal.” He said. “So, what do you want me to call you? Just Jongin? Something like that?” I laughed. He glared at me, “no.”

   “Then what?”

   “Anything that suit our age differences.”

   “Heum? Like what? I don’t know.” I pretended not to know. I want to hear him asking me to call him with oppa. This is what you got if you’re hanging out with Heechul oppa or Kyuhyun oppa. But being evil is not so bad, I think.

   “Something like before.”

   “Before? Oh, sunbaenim?”

“No.”

   “So which one?”

   “Never mind. I never knew it’s hard to talk to a dumb person.” He muttered.

   I THOUGHT HE’S GOOD NOW.

   “Oppa? That one?” I gave up, my plan is perfectly failed. “Up to you.” He answered with eyes focused on his phone. “Oh, that one. Why didn’t you just say it.” I grins happily. At least I know my bias doesn’t hate me.

   “Jonginnie-oppa? That’s so ordinary.” I’m started to think – out loud. “Ah, Kkamjongie-oppa! How about that?” Kai glared, maybe he was thinking, “this little piece of smurf, I was just being nice and now she’s so swell-headed?” But then he sighed, “whatever.”

  IF HE KEEPS SAYING UP TO YOU OR WHATEVER BUT DOESN’T LET ME CALL HIM JONGIN I’M SO HUGGING HIM WITH A ROPE.

   “Okay, I understand!” I answered happily.

   15 minutes later I’m shocked by a voice, “Hello, hello?! Anyone there?!”

   Kai stood up hurriedly, “yes, there are! We’ve been here for like two hours! Hurry up, I need to go home!” TWO HOURS?! I glanced at my watch, true. It’s now 10:47 PM. “Understood. There was a technical problem, and has been repaired. Please wait a moment! How many people are there?” asked the person. “Two.” He doesn’t seem to care. He looked mad. “Okay, please wait.”  Iooks like he hung up already since he doesn’t talk anymore. “The hell! thought we can go out right away, but we still need to wait.”

   “Be patient,” I tried to calm him down. “You don’t understand.” He said. “I need to go to China early in the morning for the fan-meeting. I still need to prepare everything, but I still haven’t got into the dorm. You just debuted, you won’t understand how busy I am!”

   “Sorry, I—I really don’t understand. I’m really sorry.” I lowered my face. He wasn’t cold, arrogant and heartless, he’s tired. Very tired. Kai is the dancing machine, also the face of the group. He’s holding a big responsibility.

I don’t have rights to judge him, because I don’t understand him.