My Fellows

Who Would It Be?

   I bumped into someone.

   I fell down, the one I bumped into, too.

   “Did you leave your eyes at home or what?!” he snapped. “I’m sorry! I’m really sorry! I will be more careful next time!” I bow repeatedly, eyes on the ground, not really having guts to look at his onyx eyes.


   “K—Kai-ssi?” that familiar tan skin, that familiar handsome face, that familiar muscular posture, that familiar Kim Jongin. He didn’t even care about my apology, he just walked away.

  He is so arrongant. But, he has everything. He’s handsome, rich, famous, charismatic, why can’t he be?

   I stood up, then went to my practice room. Just watch, Hana-unnie, you’re dying soon!

   “SooMunnie~” a warm hug welcomed me when I stepped into the practice room. “Your official couple is Luhan? Envy you~ Congratulations!” she teased. I pouted my lips. “Don’t do too much aegyo, or you won’t be beautiful.” A girl joined us. “Eh? Wrong, GaYeongie. If Mima does aegyo, her beauty increases by… 0 percent!” she said jokingly, making all the 6 members laughed. “Right, SooMunnie?” she asked for an approval from me. “Let’s practice again! Let’s do our best for our fans! Beating!” EunYeong, the leader, liven the atmosphere.

   Beating is an encouragement word made by all six of us. Taken from beat – our group name, and hwaiting. Beating can also mean to beat our opponents! Or also, from ‘heart beat’, meaning at each heart beat, we will also do our best! We look like geniuses aren’t we? But no, we’re just a bunch of dorks.

   Oh right, my name is Jemima. I like to be addressed as Mima, to make it simpler. Some people refer me as Jemima Jung. My Korean name is Jung SooMun. And my Chinese name is Shun ZhenMei. I’ve got so many names I know, but I use Jemima, since it’s my real name. People call me SooMun because I used that name when I auditioned. That time I was so confused with which name should I use, idiot.

   I’m in charge of face, language, brain, and.. dorkiness. I’m famous for my 4D character. I’m hyperactive, indeed. I can’t stand still, and stay quiet. I’m also the jokester of the group. Unlike D.O, BaekHyun, Kris, and Chen who fight over the ‘main vocal’ role, our group has our own role. For me, I’m the every main. Main vocal, main dancer, and.. visual. Yes, I am!

The leader, Kim EunYeong, also the oldest. She has the same name as actress Kim EunYeong. So she uses Ophelia as her stage name. Ophelia, derived from ophelos, meaning help. As she hopes she will help everyone because she is the leader. She’s also the main dancer, along with me. And our main rapper.

Next is Lee EunGook, the mother. She is so motherly and gentle, often acts like a mom. Such as scolding us when we eat too much sweets, or nagging when we don’t clean up our mess after doing something. She uses Acacia as her stage name. She said, her late mother loved acacia flower so much so she chose that name to keep her mother in mind. Despite being sweet and gentle, she is so cool when she raps. Because of her coolness, she is the lead rapper of our group!

The high-notes queen, Park GaYeong. She reaches the highest-high-note I’ve never even dreamed about.  Thus, she's been hanging out with Changmin, Yesung, BaekHyun, Xiumin, Chen, and Taeyeon. She’s sometimes being teased as a dying whale, by me. Because I envy her! I can’t do high-notes because my voice is mid. Well, I’m in charge of ad-libs anyway.

 Third is me, I’m still included in the magnae line, the top 3 youngest member.

Kim HeeJoon is fourth. She’s our dancing machine. She’s my partner in crime when it comes to teasing other members. Her stage name is Cherie. In French it means, darling.

Last but not least, the cute youngest member, Choi Minsung! She’s the magnae & vocalist. She’s too cute and fluffy, making me want to pinch her all over her face. She can’t be evil like me, she’s too innocent.

The 6 of us were debuted in group called SpotBeat. In Korean, Beat is written as bit, which means light. It's a play of Spotlight.