Choosing The Right Name

Who Would It Be?

“Mima-yah! Why are you raising your pitch everytime I ask you to repeat?! It’s too high, you won’t make it!” our singing mentor nagged at me. “I’m sorry!” yes, I kept raising my pitch everytime she asks me to repeat a line. I’m too nervous right now! I feel screwed up today. “And Luhan, your breath please.” Luhan knows what is the mentor trying to say, Luhan is supposed to control his breath. His reply was just a nod.

After the tiring practice session, we finally did it. Perfectly. “You did well with your ad-libs. I’m impressed! GaYeong may be the high-notes queen, but you’re the ad-libs queen I believe.” He praised me as he took a bottle of a water from his bag. “Thank you!”

ZhenMei, you’re going home now?” Luhan asked with a cute voice. He’s one of the oldest in EXO, okay. “Yes, hyung. I’m going home now.” Luhan widened his eyes, “what?” “OPPA, I mean oppa!” why do I need to be so careless with this oppa thingy?

Luhan laughed. “You’re so cute,” he pinched my nose. “Ouch, it hurts, sunbaenim.” “Come on, you’re still calling me with sunbaenim?” He frowned. “Do you eant to call me Luhannie oppa or XiaoLu-ge?” he emphasizes the last name he mentioned. He definitely is mocking me. “Do you want to call me Mima-yah or ZhenMei?” I did the same thing as he did, emphasizing the last name. “How about I call you.. Xiao Mei? The beautifull small ones. Ahaha, I just made it up, but doesn’t sound bad right? Your name character uses the character for beautiful, and I wouldn’t say you’re bigger than me so, Xiao Mei.” He explained. Whoa, he’s a genius. How could he think that fast? “So what are you calling me with?” Luhan looks so excited. I think for awhile. “Luhan-hyung!””Oh no, you can’t!” “But I like to say Luhan-hyung,” I gave him my cutest puppy eyes, hoping not to fail again like the last time I did.

“But you’re a girl.”

“But I like to say it.”

“You can’t.”

“I can.”

Luhan flicked my forehead, “naughty girl.” I puffed my cheeks. “You can call me XiaoLu, if you want.” “I don’t want to. I’ll stick to Luhan-hyung.” He ignores me. “Luhan-hyung!” I used my bestest aegyo voice. He still ignores me. I tugged his shirt sleeves, “Luhan-hyung, I’m hungry. Luhan-hyung I’m hungry!” Still he doesn’t move an inch. Should I swallow him now, or should I not?

“Ah. Okay then if you’re mad at me. I’m going home!” I stomped my feet, pretending to be mad, too. I was opening the door when he grabbed my hand.

I think my heart stopped. I can’t say anything.

“Who said that I was angry?” He pulled me to his hug.  I didn’t hug him back. I’m too shocked to even think. “I can never be angry at you.” He tightened his hug. “Never.” After I gained back my consciousness, I slowly moved my hands to hug him back. I don’t want to let go.

“Why can’t you?” I asked. “I, don’t know.” Not a really satisfying answer indeed, but it’s true that sometimes we don’t really need reasons. “It’s late, hyung. Let’s go home.”. It’s actually hard for me to say that, since I don’t want to stop this. He nodded, and released me. “You’re really going to call me hyung?” He giggled. “Yes, of course!”