Christmas Day 2 ♡

Between Love & Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

♡ Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays ♡  

♡ Special Chapter  Part 2 ♡  

 

 

 

 

 • Chapter Twenty- Seven •  

 

 

The sky is getting darker but still, Myungsoo didn't arrived at Sunggyu's place yet. Eunji stood up from the couch and talked to Sunggyu who is now lying lifelessly on the couch. What a great cold time to sleep.

 

"Sunggyu oppa, I'll just go outside for a walk. Just call me whenever Myungsoo arrives." Eunji said and got her black coat and bag. She walked at the sidewalks, slowly while feeling the cold night breeze of the winter season. Days are counted and it's officially the end of the year. The year where many happened between her and Myungsoo. She's still holding her gift for Myungsoo. Sigh. "I should've painted his portrait instead like my gift for Kai." She talked to herself and pouted. It's an irony. It's winter but still, the number of people are getting massive all because of the rush holiday shopping. Well, Seoul's holiday nightlife is the best.

 

'Myungsoo..eodiya? Where are you now?' Eunji thought to herself while looking at the dark foggy street. She doesn't know but she's having a feeling that Senior Kim has a plan to tear the two of them apart. 

 

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

 

"Hyung, I'll be there soon." I said to Sunggyu hyung at the other line happily. It is because harabeoji will cancel the fixed marriage between me and Choi Mirae. At the passenger seat, I eyed the letter. Harabeoji said that I should personally hand this to Mirae. I'm really curious who wrote this for her.

 

I eyed the street once again. It's six o'clock in the early dusk  and yes, I'm late. I should be in Sunggyu hyung's place at four but look what I've done. I waited long and talked to harabeoji for like an hour. Eunji's must be waiting for me there. But I still need to give this letter to Mirae. Harabeoji said that Mirae will be leaving for Jejudo too so I should be running my car's speed now or else Mirae wouldn't read this letter.  My left hand is holding the steering wheel while my right hand is holding the letter tightly. Why do I suddenly felt so nosy? I flipped the letter to the other side and saw a name written in slant script. Jaejin. 

 

Jaejin hyung?

 

 

Mirae was sitting on the airport's bench, waiting for her plane to departure soon. Her parents said that her fixed marriage with Myungsoo will be cancelled. She sighed deeply. 'No one can love me, like what you did Jae.' Mirae thought but she's snapped back to the reality when a panting guy run to her.

 

"Myungsoo?" Mirae said and stood up from the bench. "Why are you here? Regretting that you won't marry me?" Mirae said playfully and giggled.

 

"Please. Stop with tat non-sense thought. Let me catch my breath first." Myungsoo just scoffed and put his both hands on her knees, chasing after his breath.

 

"Still the cold Myungsoo I know." Mirae said.

 

"Stop creeping me out. How come you know me but I don't know you Mirae?"

 

"Because our dogs are bestfriends, I think?" Mirae said, not taking Myungsoo's question seriously. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and glared at Mirae. "I'm serious." Myungsoo icily said.

 

"Fine. It's because you knew me before but you forgot for a while?" Mirae said and grabbed Myungsoo's wrist. "It's noisy here, let's go at the nearest cafe." Mirae offered and they both went outside.

 

They both arrived at the cafe. "Two Mocha Latte please." Mirae said at the waiter casually and looked for a seat.

 

"Okay, we're now here. So let's continue our talk. You know me and I know you but I just forgot you?"  Myungsoo asked, keen for Mirae's response.

 

"How could you Myung? You're into Jiji but you forgot me? I'm M-i-m-i." With that Myungsoo furrowed his brows for a while and thought for that name. 'Mimi..that's familiar..'

 

"Mimi? You mean the one who's always with us? Jaejin hyung's crush?" Mirae nodded and smiled creepily at Myungsoo. "Gotcha. I'm Mimi. The kid who's always in pigtails. How dare you forget me."

 

"It's been look but I swear you still looked pretty. But to be very honest, you creeped me out the day you intoduced yourself and you're always mouthing that you know me. Why did you just say it today? We should have a reunion." Myungsoo chuckled. All his worse thoughts about Mirae was shrugged off, knowing that the girl who's always in pigtails is the same girl in front of his seat right now.

 

"What? Did the cold Myungsoo just said that I'm pretty? What on the planet happened?" Mirae said in a kidding tone and creased her left brow. "But Jiji's prettier, Mimi." Myungsoo said frankly.

 

"I knew it. You've got a great crush on her since we're seven and I swear too that you're obviously obsessed at her since that time. But Jaejin's more handsome than you mister. Do you know that Eunji's first crush is your cousin Jaejin? She said me that when were little." Mirae chuckled because of the sudden shift of Myungsoo's blushing expression to his distort face. "Eww, so gay L." Mirae said and stuck her tounge on her. She's the only girl who calls him L. Actually, Myungsoo, Eunji, Mirae and Jaejin were the four bestfriends when they're little. They're always together.

 

"You're really Mimi. Why don't you just call me Myungsoo?" Myungsoo said while sipping the Mocha Latte that just arrived.

 

"L is better. You real name smells fishy." Mirae laughed and laughed, seeing her childhood friend in his dumb expression. "Just kidding. So let's go back to the business. Why did you run after me in the airport? You want to marry me, do you?" Mirae joked.

 

"Stop being a noob. I love Jiji and you know that Mirae." Myungsoo said seriously. With that, Mirae shut up and just threw him an 'I-know-it' look. "But you're too mean for kissing me that day. You made Jiji really angry and jealous." Myungsoo laughed and remembered the day Eunji urged him to kiss first.

 

"Jiji is worse when she gets jealous. You know Hana's seventh birthday party? When you used me and said to everyone that you've got a crush on me to make Jiji jealous? I swear that she shot daggers at me like it's my worst nightmare ever." 

 

"Yeah. And it's still effective until now." Myungsoo said. "Oh, before I forget. Harabeoji wants me to give you this letter." Myungsoo fished out something from his pocket and slid the letter on the table. Mirae looked at it like she saw some ghost, seeing a slant script Jaejin written on the letter.

 

"W-what's this?" Mirae stammeringly asked.

 

"Isn't it obvious Mirae? A letter of course." Myungsoo said and chuckled at Mimi. Myungsoo eyed her again and saw that Mimi's face become serious, far different from her playful mood earlier. "Did I say something bad?" Myungsoo asked at Mirae who is not accepting any of his gaze.

 

Mirae just looked at him and pretended to laugh. "Uhh, L. I think I need to leave first. It's just some urgent things came up on way. Annyeong." Mirae said with hesitations and pushed back her chair and got the letter, leaving Myungsoo dumbfounded without him saying any word.

 

 

 

Mirae's POV:

 

 "Oh, before I forget. Harabeoji wants me to give you this letter." Myungsoo fished out something from his pocket and slid the letter on the table. I looked at it like some kind of trash because it's really old like three years ago. But when I saw a slant script Jaejin written on the front of the envelope, I thought that everything stopped moving.

 

"W-what's this?" I  asked him while stammering. Myungsoo's probably joking at me right? He's the prank guy anyway.

 

"Isn't it obvious Mirae? A letter of course." Myungsoo said and chuckled at me. He eyed me again and noticed that my  face become serious, far different from my playful mood earlier. "Did I say something bad?" Myungsoo asked worriedly at me while I just look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter