Happily ever after? Part 2

Oh, Dear Neighbor

Amber's POV

       On the way towards the reception of the wedding, I couldn't stop thinking about what Xiumin has just told me. The though of me and Chanyeol getting married ten years ago is something that my head still hasn't accepted. Yes, I did love Chanyeol and my teenage dream was to marry him and form a beautiful family but that feeling is long gone now. The past is in the past.

I will admit that I feel like utterly . Wearing the dress that I was supposed to wear for me and Chanyeols "engagement dinner" to his wedding makes me feel as if I'm betraying Heeyoung. Does she know Chanyeol, her loving husband, bought this for me to wear when we were still together? I'm pretty sure she doesn't because if she does, she must be crazy for allowing him to give it to me now.

"We're here, love" Said Baekhyun, taking me away from my thoughts. I looked at him and stared at his eyes for a moment. How could I be so lucky? First, I was with Chanyeol. A wonderful lover and friend who made me feel like I was worth a billion dollars, and now Baekhyun, the one that guided me through everything and that taught me that life has to go on no matter what.

How on earth did I get so lucky?

~.~

The reception is just as beautiful as I imagined it would be. Just like the church, the reception was decorated in white and golden colors with a little hint of pink. The tables were all surrounding an immense dance floor with a huge chandelier handing from the top. On the table there were 6 plates with names on it. Me and Baekhyun looked for ours and finally found them, on separate tables of course.

"Didn't they know we were coming together?" I ask Baekhyun, looking at the name of the plate next to his. It was unknown name, probably one of Heeyoung's family. On the other side, the name Hyorin was clearly printed on the white sheet of paper. Is it the Hyorin I know or someone else?

Not giving it much thought, me and Baekhyun decided to walk towards newly weds to congratulate on finally becoming one.

"I've always dreamed of having a weeding like this. It is so beautiful" I said as I looked around the room. For me, this is the perfect wedding. It's kept simple but still beautiful.

I felt Baekhyun's hand wrap around my waist and his chest lowering towards me "In the future, our wedding will be as beautiful as this one" whispered Baekhyun.

I chuckled and playfully hit him on his chest " How do you know if I'll want to marry you in the future?" I said laughing

"Because I'll make sure you do" Said Baekhyun with a wink. I roll my eyes at him and ignore his comment.

When we reached Heeyoung and Chanyeol, they both greeted us with the biggest smile we have ever seen. Their eyes were shining brighter than ever.

"Congratulations on your wedding" I said smiling at both of them "I hope both of you have a life full of love and blessings"

"Thank you so much Amber. You look very beautiful! Love that dress!" Said Heeyoung cheerfully. I gave her a fake smile and looked at Chanyeol. I quickly gave him the death eye and muttered "we need to talk" while Baekhyun and Heeyoung were busily talking.

At first, Chanyeol looked confused but then I pointed at the dress and realization just hit him. He took a deep breath and we excused ourselves using the excuse that I was going to get something to drink and he was going to use the bathroom. We both went our separate ways but ended up meeting at the fountain in the back of the building.

"Are you insane Chanyeol!? Why didn't you tell me anything about the dress?! I felt like I've betrayed Heeyoung! Specially you, how dare you betray her like that! Po-" I said before Chanyeol interrupted me.

"We didn't betray anyone, Amber. I didn't have the heart to throw it away and I wanted to see you wearing it. I was right, It looks very beautiful on you" he said with a regretful smile. "I was really looking forward to proposing to you Amber. I even bought the ring" He said with a chuckle.

I was speechless. I stayed quiet until he finally decided to speak again " I love Heeyoung, but when I saw you with that dress, I couldn't help but feel nostalgia. Seeing you wearing this dress made me regret even more the decision of letting you. I know I'm not supposed to say this but I need to get it off my chest"

"I understand. Thank you for the dress, It's beautiful" I told him, not feeling as angry as I did before. Now that he told me what he felt, I felt that I shouldn't complain. He just wanted to see me wear it one at least once. Now a thousand more pounds were lifted of my shoulders again. I was feeling like the worse woman in the entire universe after what Xiumin told me, but now I feel so much better.

"I hope you have a wonderful life Amber. I know you'll find your happily ever after" He said before hugging me tightly and  walking back inside.

I will find my happily ever after

I don't know when

but I will

 

~.~

Two years later

"I swear to Jesus Christ, God, and Buddha I will kill you for doing this to me!" I said as I screamed loudly. Who knew giving birth was this painful? This rascal will feel the pain I'm feeling right now as soon as my baby boy is safely here. Last February, me and Baekhyun found out I was pregnant. Little mister over here promised me that he was going to pull out but didn't. Never trust guys that say they'll pull out, they will not do it.

"I'm sorry!" He said as he ran next to the nurse as she dragged me away to the maternity section of the hospital. I saw the desperation in his eyes and for just a second, I actually felt bad for him. Until the next pain just shot right up on my stomach, making me scream louder. He will pay!

~.~


"Welcome to the world little cutie!" Screamed Jogin after he ran into our hospital room with ten balloons in each hand, the boys, my sister and Yunho following after him.  I grabbed the closest pillow I had and threw it at him, motioning him to be quiet. He apologized and walked towards the baby's crib next to me.

I looked at Heeyoung and saw her holding her little baby girl. She gave birth last month. We both wanted to give birth around the same time, but unfortunately failed. After the wedding, me and her became closer and closer. After two years of friendship, I feel comfortable enough to call her my best friend.

I looked at Baekhyun who was staring at the baby with a loving face. I stared at my two boys and smiled. They are my world. Who knew that my dorky Baekhyun and me would end up creating such a beautiful little boy? I am a  truly blessed. I looked around my the room and saw it filled with all the people I love. The boys, my sister, Heeyoung, Yunho, my soon to be husband and my baby boy.

I can proudly say

finally found, my happily ever after.
 

~.~

Guys! This is it! Then end to Oh, my neighbor!

Through out all this journey of writting this story, you guys have ben amazing! thank you so much for all the support and love! I will miss all of you!!! I hope you guys enjoy this last chapter!