Hot Chocolate

Oh, Dear Neighbor

 

Chanyeol's POV

As I saw Amber and Baekhyun leave the restaurant I couldn't help but smile. Those two mean so much to me. Baekhyun taught me how hard but incredible life is, and Amber taught me that love can be the most beautiful thing in the entire universe but it can also be the worse.

"She's a nice girl Chanyeol. I now understand why you loved her" said Heeyoung, grabbing my arm and smiling

I smiled back and give her a light kiss on the top of her head. "We should get going" I said.

Heeyoung is an amazing girl. She makes me laugh, she understands me, she makes me a better person and most importantly she loves me for who I am. Every time I've had a hard day she always knows how to make it better. In a way she reminds me of Amber. They're both loving, caring and beautiful. I just can't help but think about how lucky I am.

I meet Heeyoung two years after Amber left at a local coffee shop. I still remember it as if it was yesterday.

FLASHBACK

"You need to get here Chanyeol. We need to finish recording this song or we'll be dead!" screamed Tao over the phone as I walked to a coffee shop.

I was supposed to meet them in the recording studio three hours ago but I don't feel like it. Ever since Amber left I haven't been the same. I keep on thinking about what happened every single day and it just kills me inside. How could I be so ignorant and evil? All she did was love me endlessly and I just treated her like .

The thing that made all of this worse was that two weeks ago Jessica called me and admitted everything. She told me that she was the one that bullied Amber all her life. After that I drank and drank everyday until I felt numb. It was too much pain to handle. I never talked to Jessica after that. I didn't want to. Every time I heard her name I gagged in disgust.  I did hear that she is attending psychology sections to try to make herself a better person. Apparently her brother bullied her and injured her a lot. Sometimes I try to feel bad for her but I just cant.

"I'll be there in an hour. Don't pressure me Tao" I said before hanging up. I finally took a sit on a table next to the window and started browsing the internet on my phone. The world has gotten so boring. Everybody talks about the same things. All they talk about gossips.

There are multiple articles about me becoming an ice prince. They did find out about me and Amber so they quickly put the pieces of the puzzle together and discovered what made me the ice prince that I am today. They say that Amber left me because she couldn't handle my extravagant life. Close but not all of it is true. She did leave me, but only because I was a jerk.

"Hello Sir. Are you ready to order?"  Asked a girl interrupting my thoughts.

I looked up at her with a bored face and simply said" I will just have some hot chocolate with marshmallows"

She looked at me for a moment before her eyes widened. So she finally realized who I was? Took her long enough.

"I will be right back" She said bowing and quickly leaving to prepare my order.

I looked at her as she walked behind the counter and started preparing my hot chocolate. She looks like she's new here because from what I can see she still doesn't know how to handle the machines well. She calls her co worker and with a tired face he helps her. She apologizes over and over again and I just shake my head. Isn't she supposed to be trained?

"Here's your hot chocolate sir?" She said placed the cup down on my table. I look up at her and notice her name tag.

Heeyoung. Pretty name.

She bows before she turns around to leave but I stop her before she does "You forgot the marshmallows" I said pointing at the chocolate "Didn't you train before you actually started working here? So unprofessional" I said coldly.

I looked up at her and she just chuckled "Didn't your mother teach you manners before she lets you go out on the streets?" said Heeyoung.

I looked at her shocked for a moment before a smile spread on my lips. Nobody has ever dared to talk to me like that in two years. They usually tell themselves that I am acting this way because of a heartbreak and that I am allowed to be this way because it was hard on me. I honestly find it pathetic that they think that. All this time I've been waiting for someone to speak out to me and I finally got what I wanted.

"Just get the marshmallows" I said with a chuckle.

Heeyoung smiled before she grabbed the cup and walked towards the counter

END OF FLASHBACKS

The way we meet was unusual but since that daywe've been inseparable.
 

 

 

Amber's POV

 

 

"You know this is kind of awkward. I mean, you stole my first kiss right here" I said as me and Baekhyun climbed the huge and thick rock. It was rough and full of ants, it took us about five minutes to finally kill them all.

"So? It was a friendly kiss" Said Baekhyun with a chuckle.

I looked at him in disbelief  "Ha! Liar! You were in love with me! that's why you kissed me" I joked.

I looked at him waiting for him to laugh out loud or just push me off the rock but he just stared at the moon and smiled. The night light was illuminating his face, letting me admire his perfect and handsome features. " I did kind of like you"

The smile on my face quickly faded away. I looked away from him and started staring at my hands. This is something I do every time I am nervous. I just stare at my hands because for some strange reason, it brought me a sense of comfort and stability. My hands are my favorite part of my body since the day Chanyeol told me they were beautiful, years before we started dating.

"You did?" I asked still looking at my hands. I sighed and hugged my knees up to my chest waiting for Baekhyun to answer.

"I did. But I saw that your heart belonged to Chanyeol so I just didn't say anything" He said.

I felt Baekhyun's hand make its way towards my face and he gently caress my cheek

"I can't say that my feelings for you have left because there is a little piece of my that wishes your heart belonged to me"
 

 

 

~.~

Hey guys! I know that I usually don't do this but I just want to take a moment to thank all of your for your support even though I don't update as much as I want to for some reasons. I really appreciate every single one of you. Every time I see that I got a new subscriber or that I received a new comment I just cant help but smile. You guys are amazing and never ever forget that! Once again, thank you for always supporting me and for being so understanding ^^ Love you guys!!^^