Jessica

Oh, Dear Neighbor

Amber's POV

I walked back home with my head down low. My feet kicked all the rocks that dared to show on my path, showing the anger I had in me for never standing up for myself. I'm so weak. Every night I tell myself that I will stand up for my self when Jessica bullies me, but when It happens, I just run away with my tail between my legs. Sometimes, I wonder why bullies exist? is it to balance evil and good? or is it just to make innocent people's life miserable? Do you know the answer? because I don't.

When I arrived home, I was relieved that Mia was not home. The note stuck in the refrigerator confirmed that Mia was not here and will not be until 2:40 am. I looked at the clock hanging on top of the refrigerator and it said it was 5:54pm. Mia will not be home soon, thankfully because right now I just want to be alone. I sat down on the brown stool that was placed next to the bar and dropped my face on the cold and hard counter. It felt as if my head was just hanging mid air and for some strange reason that made me laugh. I think of the weirdest things ever sometimes. I grew up with 12 dorky guys, what do you expect me to do?

When I decided to get up and do something productive, it was 6:15pm. I walked towards my backpack and grabbed my phone. When I turned it on, it said that I had 3 missed called from Chanyeol. I quickly called him back. I couldn't help but smile as his phone rang. His gwiyomi call receiver always made me smile.

''baby! Why didn't you answer my calls?'' he asked worried

I chuckled ''I left my phone on my backpack. Sorry''

''Its okay. Listen, F(X) is going to throw a party tonight. Want to come with me?'' he asked. I could tell that he was smiling

''sure honey, but I have to get back early because I have school tomorrow.'' I said

''I'll get you home before 12 my Cinderella. '' he said laughing

I laughed back ''Okay my prince! At what time are you picking me up?''

''Ill finish the photo shoot at 7. I'll be there at 7:15''  he said.

''7:15 it is. Bye Bye honey'' I said walking towards my room and throwing my backpack at a random corner in my room.

''Bye baby''

I hanged up and threw myself on my bed, not caring about the cracking noise the pencil I left there this morning made as it broke under my weight. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to drift off into la la land. You might think that this is weird but I love to lay down and imagine my perfect world. In my world nobody judges you for the way you look but for the way you behave, In my world there is no hunger and hate is not permitted, In my world I can walk freely along the busy streets and not be scared of anything.

That's might perfect world.

The loud sound of the doorbell rang making me quickly sit up on the bed. I'm not expecting anyone at this time. Who could it be?

When I finally reached the door, I opened and a Baekhyun appeared with a wide smile spread across his face ''hello there!''

I chuckled ''hello there! what brings you here mr. Baekhyun?'' I said letting him inside the house.

Baekhyun thanked me and walked inside the house, we sat down on the couch and patted the empty spot next to him ''come here''

I chuckled and followed his orders ''need to tell me something?''

Baekhyun looked at my for a while with the creepiest smile he has ever given me before he started talking ''well, I've been seeing this girl lately. I meet her about 4 months ago and I'm starting to like her Amber. She is sweet, funny and kind-hearted. She's my perfect type''

I covered my mouth with my left hand, trying to hold back the scream of excitement I had in me. Baekhyun noticed and he hugged me and we both started screaming like two teenage girls. That's the good thing about Baekhyun, he is the perfect friend for a girl. He can act manly or girly whenever he wants. Its just a thing that only he can do.

''That's great! When will i meet her?'' I asked curiously

''are you going to F(X)'s party tonight?'' he asked

I nodded ''yes, I'm going with Chanyeol''

Baekhyun smiled ''then you will meet her today. She's Krystal's sister''

 

*~*

The sound of the doorbell ringing loudly filled the house making me jump in surprise. I looked at my watch and it was 7:05pm. I guess Chanyeol is early.  I ran downstairs, making sure I don't trip, and opened the door to find a tall chanyeol looking down at me ''Hello there''

I smiled ''Hello dear sir, you are early today'' I said.

Chanyeol chuckled ''gentlemen are always early. Ready to go?'

''Yes I am''

*~*

The party was nothing special. There were about 20 people and they were just standing and talking. Being honest I though it was going to be more exiting. I was expecting DJs and people dancing crazily. It was quite a shock.

''Well..this is quiet'' said Chanyeol as if reading my mind.

I looked up at him and chuckled ''I thought the same thing''

Before he could say anything else, a wild Luna came running towards us with 2 cups on her hands ''welcome to the party guys!'' she said

We smiled ''thank you'' I said as she gave us the cups

''Here, this is soda but it has little alcohol inside. Enjoy'' she said winking and walking away.

I took a sip out of the drink but quickly spit it back in. This isn't a little bit of alcohol, she poured the whole ing bottle of alcohol inside.

''too strong?'' asked chanyeol smelling his cup

''yup'' I said putting my cup on the table.

''Chanyeol!'' we hear someone say from behind.

We both turn around and we see Krystal walking towards us. She flashed us a wide smile and gave him a hug ''I haven't seen you in so long!'' she said ''and you must be Amber'' she said breaking the hug with Chanyeol and hugging me.

''That's me'' I said chuckling ''it's nice to meet you''

''its nice to meet you too! You have been the hot topic among idols, thanks to chanyeol that doesn't stop talking about you'' she said chuckling.

I blushed and look down at my feet.

''She's so shy!'' said Krystal ''would you guys want to meet my sister?'' she asked noticing how uncomfortable I was

I though about what happened earlier with Baekhyun and I raised my head quickly ''yes, it would be a pleasure''

Krystal smiled and motioned us to follow her. Chanyeol looked at me and whispered ''what was that?''

''I'll tell you later'' I whispered back.

Chanyeol nods and in no time we are standing behind a girl with long blond hair.

''Jessica. I would like you to meet my friends, Amber and Chanyeol'' she said putting her hand on the girl's shoulder.

The smile on my lips dropped as the girl slowly turned around revealing her face.

Her cold eyes

Her cold expression

and the way that she looked at me

made me feel in danger

why?

because she is the Jessica that makes my life miserable everyday.

 

 

 

 

 

Long time no see! Guys I'm so sorry for not updating in along time! I've been so busy that I'm about to go crazy! looking for college/ university, getting everything together, getting good grades, doing community service hours, virtual school, club meetings and more have been making my life miserable. -.- I will try to update as often as I can~ please don't give up on me <3 thank you for sticking up with my schedule and still like Oh, Dear Neighbor :)  ~.~