We meet again

Oh, Dear Neighbor

Amber's POV

I never thought I would ever feel so devastated and crushed as I am right now. Everything in me just feels so numb.  Chanyeol is getting married in five months.

In five months he will be someone's else's husband. He tell her how beautiful she is everyday, how much he loves her and appreciates her and I will suffer everyday blaming myself for leaving nine years ago without saying anything. I feel so stupid.

I wasn't expecting Chanyeol and me to get back together as soon as we laid eyes on each other but I wasn't expecting this type of news either. I was expecting us to start all over again. First as friends then as lovers.

"I know I should have told you as soon as I found out that you were coming but I couldn't. I just hope that this doesn't come between us. You were my first love and I would really love it if we stayed in each other's lives as friends" Said Chanyeol giving me a heart warming smile as if the news he just gave me meant nothing.

I stared at him for a second before I chuckled "I didn't have any intentions of getting back with you Chanyeol. You were indeed my first love but that's in the past now and I would love to be friends with you." I lied. This is the worst lie I've ever said in my life.

Chanyeol smiled and got up from the couch " I just came to tell you this and I am very surprised. You took it extremely well. Thank you for understanding Amber"

He is so stupid. Before he could see right through me but I guess the years changed him. He can't see anything. He doesn't see that I am dying on the inside.

I smiled at him " There's not need to thank me. I'll walk you to the door." I said as I walked towards the door.

Now that my back was facing him and he couldn't see my face I bit my lower lip as hard as I could to stop my tears from falling. I tried thinking about happy memories but all my happy memories were made with him.

When we got to the door I smiled at him "Have a safe trip hp,e and I hope I can meet your future wife some day"

He smiled "Of course you will. You can expect your invitation to the wedding.  Goodbye Amber"

As soon as he stepped out my house, I feel to the floor and just stayed there for a while thinking about what just happened. It was so sudden and unexpected it that I still don't know if this is real or not. I looked at my forearm before pinching it as hard as I could to see if this was a dream but unfortunately is not.

When I realized it, the tears just flowed out of me as If I have never cried before. The blurred my vision making everything seem like this world wasn't real. The sobs escaped my lips so loudly that I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbors came here to ask what's going on.

But honestly I didn't care. I just want to let all these regrets, sadness and madness out of me. Now that I am alone, and nobody is here to bother me, I just want to cry and cry.

Cry like I've never cried before

Baekhyun's POV

I walked towards my room with a hot cup of coffee to try to finish this song that I started writing about a year ago. I wanted to write a song about love and happiness but how can I write about something that I don't have? This is just a waste of time but I never leave anything unfinished.

As I walked through the living room, I look outside the window and see Chanyeol leaving Amber's house. I stop walking and stare outside. He must have told her the news of his wedding. I need to see Amber to see how she's feeling right now.

As soon as Chanyeol left, I put my cup of coffee down and jogged towards Amber's house.

When I got there I knocked on the door but she didn't answer. I knocked about three times but she is still not answering so I just walked in.

As soon as I walk in I see amber sitting down on the floor crying and sobbing loudly.

I walk towards her and sit down next to her waiting a little to see if she notices me but about a minute passed by and she didn't say anything.

"Amber" I said breaking the silence "I'm sorry. I should have told you earlier"

Amber looked at me, her eyes full of tears, "Why though? Why didn't you tell me anything?"

"Because Chanyeol asked us not to. He wanted to tell you personally" I said placing my hand on her shoulder

"Just don't cry anymore amber. Don't waste your tears on someone that doesn't deserve it anymore. He's in the past. You will find another person that will love you more than he ever did once. I promise you"

Amber looked at me, her eyes full of years  " Why are you so ing awesome Baekhyun?"

I smiled at her  "Because you're my best friend"