My Type is...

Marrying Cinderella

“WHAT!” I shouted. Yerin was startled (I didn’t mean it, though). “Are you serious?” I said, lowering my voice.

“I’m…pretty…sure,” she said cautiously.

“All you know is our songs?” I asked, confirming her words.

“Yup…and your stage names,” she said.

“Wow! Daebak…” I said, disbelieving what I just heard.

“Hey, not everyone knows you guys,” she said, frowning. “Some people have their own preferences.”

“Then, who do you prefer then?” I asked. Tell me another boy groups name and I’ll storm out of here, maybe not until I finish my dinner.

“Ummm…” she thought, looking at the ceiling. She’s cute when she did that. “I don’t know. I don’t prefer anyone.”

My mouth hang opened. I sighed and said, “You are weird. How come you don’t listen to music?”

“Excuse me, I listen to music very often, thank you very much. It’s just that I don’t prefer anyone. I just listen, and that’s about it. Should I be ‘worshiping’ the artist that sings a song that I like? Should I know when and where they are born, what food they  like, what store they shop in, and what clothes they prefer?” she said, both her eyebrows are raised.

“Shouldn’t you be?” I returned a question.

She took a piece of chicken from her plate and ate it. She shook her head.

“Okay fine. You shouldn’t ‘worship’ or something. But you start first.” I continued on eating hile I wait for her words.

“Well,” she started, putting her chopstick on the table neatly. “Okay. I’m a high school teacher…”

“I know that already,” I interfered.

“Will you let me finish?” she heatedly said. “I’m not done yet…Okay, I teach at Song High School as an English teacher.”

“Wow…English? Really?” I asked. Haha, I can get free lessons from her.

“Yup; really. I can teach you if you want.” Can she read minds, too?

“But I’ve always wanted to teach at KyeongHee U. It’s my lifelong dream. My mother would always boast how good it is to teach there, since she was a professor there before. I studied there for a while, but then move to the States to finish my degree in Education.

“I like to read; that’s my hobby.”

“When’s your birthday?” I asked.

“July 10th,” she said. I looked at her with wide eyes.

“Really? You’re kidding me right?” I said, disbelieving.

“I’m pretty sure that date was my birthday, thanks. Why are so shocked?” she asked.

“It’s my birthday as well…”

She looked at me with disbelieving eyes. is hanged open, slowly swallowing the fact that both of us are born the same day.

“…but I’m a year ahead, I guess,” I told her, before continuing eating.

“Wow. You’re the first one,” she said, reaching for her chopsticks. “I mean, I’ve always wanted to know someone with the same birthday as mine. You’re the first one that I know…”

After I swallowed the rice in my mouth, I asked, “What’s your type?” dropping my head, avoiding her gaze.

“Type what?” she said, eyes on her food.

“Type…in a guy.”

She stopped eating; her chopstick is hanging between and her plate. She must be contemplating if she’d answer my question or not. Slowly, she looked at me.

“Is there a problem?” I asked.

“Pass,” she simply said.

“Oh, come on. It’s not a hard question, is it?”

“I don’t know…Maybe in time…I’ll tell you…” she said, and then she continued eating.

After that, she didn’t speak anymore. She slow pace of eating fasten. What could she possibly want ti avoid in that question?

The truth is that…my last boyfriend has all the qualifications. He’s handsome, he’s caring, he’s everything I wanted in a guy. But…he left me…for another girl. I didn’t tell my parents about him, neither was our break-up. They’ll scold me to death for loving someone that left me in midair. He promised me everything, but I was left with nothing. If I’d see him one day…I don’t know what my reaction will be. If I see the girl that took him away from me, good luck to her because I’ll probably skin her alive!

“Do have any questions?” I asked.

“Ummm…Favorite color?”

“Blue,” I said.

“Convert it to Sapphire Blue,” he said comfortably.

I thought for a while before saying, “What’s with Sapphire Blue? Is there anything important about that?”

He looked at me, wide-eyed again. “You are seriously ignorant about the entertainment business, aren’t you?” What’s the temper all about!

“Yes, so…”

“Sapphire Blue is the official color of Supper Junior. Honestly, you can research us on the internet…” he said before taking another mouthful of rice and chicken.

I pouted. So now…I have to research all about Super Junior because I’m marrying one, is that it?

“What is your type then?” she asked, avoiding my gaze too.

Ummm…I thought for a while. If I told her that my type is…someone like her then… NO! I have to think that there are cameras all around us. I have to think showbiz. I have to say…

“My types are like Sohee of Wonder Girls.” Although I have liked Sohee for a long time now, although I liked cute and petite girls before, I seriously changed my type when I saw Yerin. But whenever a reporter ask me who my type is, I always end up saying ‘Sohee’.

I look at her. Her expression changed from giddy to serious to blank. Wow! Girls have serious mood swings.

“Sohee…the cute one in Wonder Girls?” she asked, still not looking at me. She’s playing with her food now; it akes me frustrated. Why can’t you just tell what’s on your mind!

So he likes cute girls… I’m not cute at all!

“Then, you’ll just have to deal with me for the rest of your life… I mean, I’m not cute at all. I don’t have aegyo, mind me saying…”

“We only have a hundred days, remember?” he said.

Right…why didn’t I remember that? And…why do I feel uncomfortable after hearing his words?

Soon as I said that we’ll only have a hundred days, I regretted. Why did I say that?

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the long hiatus. ^,^

Thanks for reading. Hoped you enjoyed.

~Crina