Sarcastic to Peculiar

Marrying Cinderella

“Hyung, how’s your girlfriend?” Donghae whispered to my ear.

“YAH! If you don’t want to get a really big cut in your face, quit bothering me!” I yelled at him.

Super Junior is gathered together at one of the rehearsal rooms of SM Entertainment building, rehearsing for our next live performance on TV. We were actually just sitting on one corner of the room, exhausted at the tight dance routine. I swear my feet will curse at the choreographer if it can talk (I’ll back up my feet if I have to).

Donghae backed off but still has the mischievous smile in his silly face.

“What’s your problem?” I asked.

“Nothing, I was just asking. Why are you so worked up anyway?” he asked, smiling.

“Yah, shut up!” I yelled again.

Actually, some of our coordinators are in the room as well. If they hear what Donghae said, the speculations will be scattered inside and around the company. That, I can’t handle.

Leeteuk, who was sitting beside me on the floor, gave me a bottle of water. “Here…drink. You’re just tired.” He drank his own water. When he was done, he asked, “How’s Yerin?” he whispered.

“Not you too. Can you quit asking me,” I said, frustrated.

 “What’s wrong? Can’t I ask?”

“Not here…”I said, looking around, afraid that someone besides the members are eavesdropping.

My phone beeped. I just receive a text message…from Siwon, who was just in front of me. It read, “When can we meet her?”

I gave Siwon an irritating look. All I can do was sigh and say, “Seriously…”

They are getting into my nerves! This morning, I just told Yerin that I will NEVER invite them to our home. Now, these idiots are ruining my plan! This can’t be happening. I will resist!

“Hyung…please…” goes annoying Sungmin and his annoying aegyo.

“What did you guys had for breakfast? Did you, by any chance, eat something bad?”

“We are just curious,” Kangin whispered.

“She’s fine,” I whispered back. “Happy?”

“We want to see her; can we?” Siwon asked.

“No way!” I yelled.

Everyone was looking at me now, even the coordinators. They were looking at me like I was some lunatic causing a chaos in the streets of Seoul, like they were thinking “Heechul lost it!”

I stood up and walked away.

“Where are you going?” Leeteuk yelled before me.

“Toilet!” I yelled again.

I had a glimpse of my members before I took a right from the room. They were snickering happily. What’s with them? Idiots!

 

My father called me just now, confirming again that I REALLY own the building. Now, I feel all the pressure in the world. I know Shin Towers is really a nice place. It made me comfortable, even living with Heechul. It’s situated inside the metropolis so there’s really less hassle when going anywhere. But…the condition, in getting the building under my name, really !

Marry Heechul. That’s not the last resort!

A lot can happen in a hundred days. Yeah, right! He can plan a really good murder in a hundred days.

Leave Heechul. That’s…also not the last resort.

“I don’t know,” I said to myself, slamming my head to my desk in the faculty room.

“What’s your problem?” Sunhwa asked, peeking from behind the divider that was between our desks. She must be startled at slamming thing.

“Don’t ask,” I simply said.

“There you go again. The last time you were like that was because of Super Junior. You were asking things that you don’t usually ask. Now, you’re doing things that you don’t really do. Yerin, friends tell when they have problems. I’m always here…”

“Sunhwa, if only things are that easy to explain, I’ll explain it to you right away. But things are really complicated that I… I just can’t.” I sighed.

“But…you’ll tell it to me, right? This problem, or whatever it is, right?” she asked.

I looked at her. Her eyes are wide with great expectation. “Sure,” I answered.

She smiled really wide. Sunhwa, if you knew what my issues are, I don’t know whether you’ll smile or back off.

My phone rang. I looked at the caller ID…and it was Heechul.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Yerin, I’m in hell.”

“What!” I forced myself not to yell. “What do you mean?”

“The members…they want to meet you. They want to go to the house.”

“Wow, that’s…” I stopped. I have to make lesson plans for tonight! Sheesh! Such timing, just great! “I can’t, tonight.”

“Great…why?” he asked

“I have lesson plans to finish tonight,” I answered.

“Good then,” he said.

“But I want to meet them, though,” I said.

“Not tonight. You said so yourself. Maybe next time…”

“Yeah, next time. Where are you right now?” I asked.

“Toilet, SM. I just got away from the gang of idiots. I thought I cannot make it out of there alive.”

I laughed. “Come on, they’re not that bad.”

“That’s what you know. Anyway, I’ll tell them that you are busy for the next ten weeks…”

“Ten weeks? What are you saying?” I asked, perplexed.

“Come on, Yerin! I don’t want to host a dinner with…them.”

“Well, I do!”

“They’ll ruin YOUR building.”

“It’s not mine yet,” I argued. “Besides, they can’t possible to that.”

“Trust me, they can…”

“Come on. Soon as I’m free, they can go.”

I heard a sigh. “Fine, but you’ll have to cater to them all. Don’t ask for my help.”

Sheesh! He’s really hot headed! “Fine, then.”

“I’ll see you later…”

“Okay.” He ended the call.

“Annoying!” I hissed at my phone.

“Who is?” Sunhwa asked, probably eavesdropping at my and Heechul’s conversation.

“No one,” I lied.

“Is that your problem? That man or woman on the other line?” she asked, intrigued.

“Didn’t I just tell you that I’ll tell you in time? Sunhwa, just let this one pass, okay?”

She pouted; possibly a bit frustrated that she still didn’t know what the center of my aggravation is.

 

“She’s busy,” I whispered to Leeteuk, soon as I entered the rehearsal room.

“Why?” he asked.

“Lesson plans,” I simply answered.

“You’re making that up, don’t you?” he suspiciously said.

“I can’t make a call here!” I almost shouted.

“Let me confirm,” Leeteuk said, taking his phone from his jacket pocket. “What’s her number?”

“Shut up,” I said, drinking from the same bottle of water that I left a while ago.

“Come on, just the number.”

“FINE!” I yelled. I took out my phone from my pocket and find Yerin’s phone number. “There!”

 

My phone was ringing again, but this time, I don’t know the phone number that was showing on the screen. Who’s this?

“Hello?” I answered.

“Is this Yerin-sshi?” a soft whispering voice was talking on the other line.

“Yes, this is she. Who is this?” I asked.

“This is Heechul’s leader, Leeteuk.”

How on earth!

“Ah, hello to you too, Lee...” I stopped my words, afraid that Sunhwa was eavesdropping again. “Why did you call?” I whispered.

“I just want to confirm that you are REALLY busy tonight,” he said.

That was…random.

“Yes, I am busy tonight. Why?” I asked.

“I just thought that maybe your partner is telling a lie,” he said. I heard a loud “YAH!” on the other side of the phone. For sure, that was Heechul.

“Partner…Heechul. Ah, okay. Well, I actually am busy tonight. I have loads of lesson plan to finish tonight.”

“Well that’s a too bad. Maybe next time, you’ll be free from work.”

“Maybe…” I answered.

“Well then, thank you for your time. Goodbye. I hope we’ll see again next….” The conversation was cut off.

“Why did you cut the call?” Leeteuk asked, looking at me.

“She’s busy, right? I’m not lying, right?” I said, my eyes getting wider.

“Right,” he said, pressing some buttons in his phone.

“What are you doing,” I asked, curious at what he’s doing.

“Saving her number…”

“YAH! You’re not allowed to do that?” I shouted, almost.

“Why not?” he asked, looking at me keenly. “What’s your problem?”

“That’s my…” I stopped from talking. I can’t tell him that ‘You can’t take my LOVE’s phone number’. That would be like suicide.

“You’re what?” he said.

“Fine, take it.” I dropped the subject and lie down on the floor, closing my eyes at the heavily lit ceiling.

 

I came home after a heavy schedule. I threw myself in the couch helplessly. I was too tired to move. Yerin is not around. Where could she be?

“Yerin-sshi,” I called. “Yerin…”

No one answered.

I took my phone and dialed her number. Close by me, on the coffee table in front, was Yerin’s ringing phone.

“Where did she go?” I asked myself. I took her phone and let it ring. I looked at the caller ID and…

“Sarcastic?” I read the ID. “Sarcastic…me?”

The front door opened and Yerin came in. “Oh, your home,” she said, holding bags of groceries in her hands.

“I’m ‘Sarcastic’?” I asked, holding up the phone.

“What…what are you doing with my phone?” she asked, putting the bags down in the middle of living room, walking towards me to retrieve her phone. “Give me that,” she said, trying to snatch her phone. But I dodge the phone quickly, standing up and avoiding her.

“Why in the world would you name me ‘Sarcastic’?” I asked again.

“That’s none of your business,” she said, still trying to get her phone from my hand.

“Come on, tell me why.”

“Well, you were sarcastic the first time I met you, that’s why. Now give me my phone!” she said, getting totally worked up now.

“Change it!” I demanded.

“Change what?”

“My name, of course.”

“To what? Mood-swings? Mr. Hot Head?” she teased.

“Cinderella, that one.”

She stopped from snatching and looked at me closely. “You call yourself Cinderella too?” she asked.

“Yes, why?” I said, my eyes getting bigger.

“I thought that only your fans call you that.”

“Well…it doesn’t matter. Just change my name on your phone.” I gave her the phone and waited, looking over her shoulders. “Change.”

She edited my name to ‘Cinderella’.

“You are very peculiar, I must say.”

“I’m known to being peculiar, that’s what I am,” I said.

“Maybe I should name you ‘Peculiar’,” she teased, a smile forming on her lips. She was starting to flick her phone when I grabbed her hand to stop her.

“Don’t!” I warned her.

“I’m not!” she said, her smile was not leaving her face.

We are so close that I can feel her breath. I wish I could just kiss her right now. Maybe I should…

“I’m cooking dinner,” she said, pulling away from my grip. She was laughing hard now. “You should have seen your face when I said that…”

“That’s so funny,” I said sarcastically.

She smiled teasingly at me.

“What do you want for dinner?” she asked, putting her apron on.

“Anything eatable,” I said.

 

 

 

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­_________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! So, did you like the update? Comment please and sorry for typos.

I was writing this chapter in a rush. I hope that it doesn’t show in the story. Well anyway, I hope you liked it! Thanks for reading! (7-20, 11:51 PM)

~Crina