Cake Off!

Marrying Cinderella

I finally got home after sending Sunhwa home. I even got a vanilla cake on my way home. Well, I thought I should give him something for his well presented performance.

I opened the door and, still, all the lights are out. Oh, I thought Heechul will be here when I arrive; I guess not. Not minding the lights, or maybe I’m just TOO lazy turning them on, I made my way to my room (yes, I memorized every corner of this house), bringing the cake with me. I changed my clothes to pajamas and brought the cake to the kitchen. Finally, then, I opened the lights in the kitchen.

“Oh my…” was the only thing I said, looking at the kitchen’s island.

Sitting on top of the counter was a bouquet of roses, white and red combined forming a sphere. It was very exquisite and beautiful. Is this…for me?

“Heechul-sshi?” I called. There was no answer. “Heechul-sshi,” I repeated. Again, there was no answer.

I looked around the house, checking that there really am only me in the house. Heechul was not here. Where could he be?

I came back to the kitchen. I can’t help but stare at the bouquet. I took the cake out of its box and placed it next to the bouquet. Both the cake and the bouquet matched each other. A white-frosting vanilla cake and a white-and-red spherical bouquet looked exquisite.

“What are you staring at?”

I looked over to the living room where the voice came from; standing there was Heechul, holding a box, similar to the cake box that I brought home.

I pointed at the roses, “That…umm…did you…”

“Leeteuk…wants me to give that to you,” I lied.

KIM HEECHUL! What are you talking about? You bought those roses, but Leeteuk will get all the credit?

“Leeteuk?” she asked. “Really?” she said, looking confused.

I came close to her, handing her the cake that I bought. “He said he wants to congratulate you for the Kyeonghee thing.”

“You told him about my interview to Kyeonghee?”

“Yup,” I answered. “Why not brag about it, right?”

She smiled. “Brag about an interview…that’s quite surreal.”

“Hey, you yourself said that it’s hard to bag an interview in that university,” I said, eyeing the cake on the island, next to the bouquet (THAT I BOUGHT!).

“Well…I don’t know.”

Heechul was looking at the cake that I bought. “I bought that for you…the cake.”

“For me?” he said, looking at me.

I nodded. “You we’re great on stage. The cake’s just a little something…a ‘good job’ cake.” I smiled.

Heechul pointed at the box in my hand. “Me too. I thought that I was so good that I deserve a ‘good job’ cake as well.”

I laughed. “Silly…”

“Let’s just eat them both,” Heechul said, smiling as well.

I laid out the cake that he bought next to mine. He bought a chocolate cake, with white chocolate shavings and mini meringues on top.

“Mine looks second best next to yours,” I said, comparing both of the cakes. I took plates and forks from the cupboard.

“I don’t know about that,” Heechul said.  “Mine may taste like crap, for all we know,” he said, cracking another joke.

I smiled. “What’s with you? Are you still on ‘high’ with the fan’s applause?”

“No,” he simply said.

I sliced the cakes and put a slice of each on the two plates. I gave Heechul his share and he immediately dug in.

Why am I happy? Let’s see…one, there’s the fact that I bought you bouquet, even though Leeteuk gets all the credit. But, I got the result that I want from it; a smile in Yerin’s face. Two, she bought me a cake for my performance. I admit, I may have the least lines in our performance but Yerin thought that I was great, I even got a cake! Three, I have said the lamest joke ever but she still think that they’re funny. I get to see her smile, smile dedicated for only me.

“Can’t you eat slowly?” Yerin said, observing me.

I choked. I coughed. “Water…” I cried.

Even before I ask for it, Yerin was shoving in my hand a glass of water. “Did I do something wrong?” she said, tapping my back.

I breathe heavily, catching my breath. “Nothing…I … choked on my own spit…”

She laughed again. “Silly…” she said, still tapping my back.

I sighed. “I don’t want to eat anymore.”

“Why not?” she asked.

“I might choke again.”

“Come on…” she said, looking at me. “People choke.”

“Uh! People can die from choking…”

“People…” she paused.

“AHA! Teacher Shin, don’t you have anything to argue back?” I joked.

Her eyes turned to slits. She pouted and turned to her seat. She shook her head. “If you don’t want to eat, then don’t.” She continued eating her share, while I was left silently admiring her annoyed look.

“Ah, as expected…I am a genius.”

She only sighed.

I the corner of my eye, I saw the roses that I bought. If only I can tell her that it was I who really bought them.

“Yerin-sshi,” I said, setting my sarcasm aside. She looked at me immediately. “What do you think about the roses?”

She looked at the roses before answering, “They’re really good. Why did he buy them anyway? He can just congratulate me…that’ll be enough.”

“Umm…I don’t know. He’s really this type. He’s OC when it comes to girls.”

“Huh…” she sighed, but then a slight smile formed in her lips. “Maybe I should thank him later.”

CRAP! I have to call Leeteuk now!

“Excuse me,” I said, leaving the island and heading towards my room.

I took my phone from my pocket and dialed Leeteuk’s phone number. It rang, but no one was picking up. “Pick up…pick up… pick up…”

“Hello?” Leeteuk finally answered.

I whispered on the phone, “If Yerin will thank you about a bouquet of roses later, just accept it, okay!”

“What are you talking about?” he asked, confused.

“Just do what I say!” I hissed.

“You bought her roses?” he asked.

“Yah! You’re really annoying!”

“Answer my question!” he shouted, but a burst of laughter came after.

“Don’t you use your leader status to me because it won’t work! Just do what I say and…”

“So you did! Woah…Kim Heechul…perhaps…”

“Shut up!” I hissed and ended the call.

If he don’t do what I say, his life will be a living hell! You just try, Leeteuk, you just try. I’ll make you regret living your happy-go-lucky life.

I came out of the room and headed towards Yerin. She just smiled when I came back.

“Umm…urgent call?” I asked.

“Uh…yeah.”

“Eat up.”

“No…don’t want to choke.”

“Come on,” I said, taking a huge scoop of cake from my plate and trying to temp Heechul to eat again. “Ah! Delicious…” I said. (She’s so cute!)

Heechul smirked. “Fine, I’ll eat.” Again, he took his fork and ate.

Then, I asked, “Did you buy the cake for me?”

Heechul looked at me, his fork still in his mouth, wide eyed. He stared for a few seconds, then, finally nodded.

I only smiled. “Thanks…”

Heechul bought me cake…WOW! That is so nice of him. His leader gave me roses, but he gave me cake. Naturally, girls will go for the beautiful bouquet of roses…but why do I prefer the chocolate cake? Well…I can’t eat the roses, can I?

Heechul continued eating. As I stealthily observe his face, I saw that his eyes were smiling. I saw his eye smile that I don’t normally see in TV show that he guest in. It was like seeing something that went extinct a hundred years ago. It was exquisite.

Then, my phone, sitting next to my plate, beeped. I just received a text message from Leeteuk. It read, “Did you like the roses?”

I immediately replied, “Yes, thank you for it by the way. ^^”

“Who’s that?” Heechul asked, putting down his fork on his now empty plate.

“Oh…Leeteuk. I thanked him for the roses,” I said as I put down my phone.

AH! I’m SO annoyed right now! I bought them, not Leeteuk! Why did I have to lie to her in the first place? If only I told her…

Her phone beeped again.

When Yerin finished reading the message, she smiled. I immediately got interested. What is she smiling about?

“Leeteuk again?” I asked.

“Ummm…yeah.”

“What did he said?” I asked.

“He said…I’m welcome…about the roses.” The smile on her face remained. What is she so happy about?

I can’t wipe the smile on my face. Why, you ask?

Leeteuk’s message was: “The roses weren’t from me. Ask Heechul, maybe he knows…^^”

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

Update is here everyone! Sorry for th long wait. Though is pretty lame (i think), i hope you still like it. Don't forger to comment, okay?

~Crina