Catering Cinderella

Marrying Cinderella

“YAH! PARK JUNSU! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!” I yelled.

“What? You’re going to leave her anyway?” Leeteuk said with a stern face.

I stormed towards him, lifting my right hand up, wanting to punch my leader’s face.

Leeteuk stood up. “Go punch me!”

I clenched my fist so hard the veins are showing. My heart was pumping hard as well. I really wanted to hit Leeteuk…but, for what?

“PUNCH ME!” he yelled to my face. “Punch me...” he said, now with a slight smile on his face. “…so that I can prove that you are starting to like Yerin.” Now, the genuine angelic smile Leeteuk always show to ELFs is forming in his mouth. The dimples even showed.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“You can’t hide anything from me Heechul. I’ve known you for so long. There’s no secret that you can hide from me,” Leeteuk said, matter-of-factly.

I put my hand down, feeling defenseless. I fell to the couch while Leeteuk was looking at me, amused.

“Seriously Heechul, how can you not tell me? It’s not illegal to be in love, you know?” Leeteuk said, sitting beside me.

“How did you know?” I asked

“I just felt it,” Leeteuk answered, still amused.

I sighed. “Don’t tell anyone or I’ll kill you!”

“Why not?” Leeteuk asked, confused. “Even Yerin?”

“I don’t want the guys know because they’ll annoy me to death. I don’t want ELFs to that I have fallen in love because they’ll leave me…”

“That’s not true…” Leeteuk butted in.

“How did you know?”

“Come on, Heechul. They’ll be happy for you.”

“And if not?”

Leeteuk remained silent.

“And, I don’t want to tell Yerin because…because…she will never believe me.”

“Why not?” Leeteuk looked a lot confused by the minute.

“That’s because I always give her every reason to hate me.”

Leeteuk laughed. “Are you serious? You are sweet to her! Even though your sweetness is disgustingly awkward, it still shows.”

I kept silent.

“Heechul, tell her. Or else, I will.”

“Yah! Don’t pressure me…”

Yerin will just laugh at me. She’ll never believe me. She’ll just take it as a prank.

Finally I said, “Give me time… and I will tell her.”

 

I got home early, exhausted as usual but not feeling well. I think I have a slight fever. Yerin was home early as well; she’s cooking dinner already.

“You’re here,” she greeted when she saw me. “How’s your day?” she asked.

“Tiring…” I said, and slumped on the couch.

I closed my eyes, wanting to take a nap. I can smell the who-knows-what-but-it-smell-great from the kitchen. I wanted to see what Yerin was cooking, but was too tired to make another step. I want to nap!

 

“Heechul, are you okay?” I asked.

No reply. He was lying on the couch with his eyes closed. Maybe he’s REALLY tired. I came close to see him clearly.

 

I was already starting to drown in the comfort of the couch when a cold hand brushed my hair away from my forehead and was feeling it. I opened my eyes to see Yerin beside me, feeling my forehead.

“You’re quite hot,” she said.

My God, please let her stay a bit longer. Her face, even though she looked serious, was wafting with sunshine.

Her hand moved to my cheeks to see my temperature. “Are you having headaches a while ago?” she asked.

I nodded. “But I’m fine now.”

“What you mean fine, you’re sick,” she said. “Gosh, please look after yourself once in a while.”

“You’re not arguing with me right now, are you?” I said, annoyed.

“Well… as a matter of fact I am, because I am concerned about you.”

She headed back to the kitchen. I didn’t dare look what see was doing. I felt a lot worse after she got mad. ‘…I am concerned about you…’ kept ringing in my head. Well, I can’t blame her. I’ve been working day in and day out. I haven’t been looking after myself, except for her who’s cooking for me.

“Here…” Yerin said, coming back to my side, placing a wet towel on my forehead. “Place this here for a while, while I’m cooking. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes.”

I headed back to the kitchen when Heechul suddenly spoke, making me stop.

“Yerin,” he said. “Thanks for being concerned,” he said, eyes closed.

“You’re welcome,” I said.

 

“Heechul, come and eat,” I said while preparing the dishes in the dining table.

He didn’t reply.

I looked at him, and he was sound asleep. I hesitated on waking him up, but he seriously need to eat and drink some medicine. I went to him and finally decided to wake him up.

“Heechul,” I said, tapping his shoulder. “Heechul, dinner time.”

His eyes opened momentarily. “I don’t want to eat.”

“You need to eat,” I said, “and you need to take some medicine.”

“I don’t want to,” he persisted.

“Come on,” I said, pulling his hand.

But he pulled his hand back…along with me. I tripped and landed on top of him. Unexpectedly, he hugged me.

“Let’s just sleep,” he said.

“You need…medicine.”

“Ssshhhh….”

“Heechul,” I whispered.

“Later… I’ll take it later.”

He hugged me tightly. His left hand was placed on my back and the right hand was on my head. I lie helplessly on his chest, wafting the smell of his perfume. I didn’t know if I was intoxicated with the smell of his perfume or the beating of his heart. I can hear the steady pace of his drumming heart. I closed my eyes to drown in this sensation.

 

I opened my eyes slowly. I thought “I can’t breathe proper”. What’s pressing on to my chest? I was surprised to see the top of Yerin’s head. She was sleeping…on top of me! Is this a trick?

I brushed her hair. I felt every strand. THIS IS FREAKING REAL!

Since you are here, let’s stay like this. I wrapped my arms to her, but…

“Sheesh…I slept…” she mumbled.

Yerin started to stand up, while I was too busy acting asleep.

“Darn…the food is cold.” Yerin went to dining table to check the food. She popped a plate on the microwave and came back to me.

“Heechul, wake up. This time, no buts.” He pulled me by my shoulder. I opened my eyes and looked at her.

“I don’t want to eat. I’m tired,” I argued.

She sighed. “I’ll feed you.”

She’ll feed me? DAEBAK!

I smiled like a little child, which made her smile as well.

“So that is what you want, me feeding you.”

I just smiled.

She smacked my thigh, turned around and head back to the kitchen.

“Yah! Don’t hit the patient.”

 

“Here, take this,” I said, placing a pill in his palm. He took it and drank a gulp-full of water.

“Would you like me to you to your bedroom, your Highness?” I jokingly said.

“Certainly…” Heechul said, with a grin on his face.

I offered a hand, and he took it. “This way,” I said, leading him to his room, as if he doesn’t know.

“Yerin-sshi,” he started. “Thank you. Normally the gang will take care of me, but…”

“Hey, aren’t I supposed to be your wife? This is how wives should act, right? And don’t worry, I’ll take care of you even you have an infectious disease.”

My eyes widened. “Really?” I asked.

“Why not? So long that it’s in the hundred days…”

Again, my heart broke hearing the hundred days agreement.

Yerin opened the door of my room. I lay on the bed while Yerin was arranging the blanket and tucking it properly.

“Yerin-sshi,”  I said. I was hesitating but…

“Yes?” she said, waiting for my next word.

“What if I want to live with you in more than a hundred days?”

“What are you talking about?” she asked, getting intrigued.

I sat on the bed and looked at her, looking at me intently.

“What if I want to live with you a little bit longer? Will you agree to it?” I asked.

“Why? What’s the reason?” she asked.

“What if…”

“Yes?”

“What if…I fall for you?”

fell open.

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________

My dear lovely readers, as promised, AN UPDATE! FINALLY!

Though I’m not busy now, I’m afraid I didn’t proof-read again. I’m too lazy. :P

Sorry for typos and enjoy reading. Comments are welcome...

~Crina