I Own WHAT!?

Marrying Cinderella

A/N: Missed me? Well, I was busy with school stuff so I couldn’t update, nor even write. But, here goes my next chapter. I hope I don’t disappoint you with this chapter, this continuation. Have fun reading.

___________________________________________________________________________

I got out of bed, tired as usual. I hope I didn’t wake up this early in the morning. Yerin’s tears last night haunted my sleep. I dreamt about her. She was crying, she was saying that she hates me, and she was punching my chest in hatred. I hope I didn’t wake up this early; I don’t want to see her. She might even curse at me when she sees me. What should I do?

6 AM. What could I possibly do at 6 AM? Slowly, I opened my bedroom door, afraid that Yerin is waiting at my doorstep, holding a knife that she could stab through my heart. Yes! She’s not there…but, oh no, she’s in the kitchen, holding a spatula and flipping a toast in a hot pan.

Hot pan? Oh please don’t let her burn herself again.

I walked slowly towards her. I stopped at the kitchen’s island, standing a good few feet from her, afraid that I would cause a trouble.

“Do you want some French toast?” she asked, her back was still facing me, busy with her cooking.

I guess she saw me. “Yes,” I answered.

When Yerin turned around, I saw her puffy eyes. She must have cried in her room even after I said I was sorry. My heart fell to the sole of my feet. Her appearance was heart breaking.

“I’m sorry,” I said.

She looked at me. “For what?” she asked, placing a plate of French toast, topped with sliced strawberries and a spoonful of whipped cream, in front of me.

“’bout last night…I was…”

“It’s fine. I’m fine…I mean, I just over reacted. I’m okay now.” She continued on cooking.

“But your eyes…” I said.

True, my eyes were puffy. Last night was the first time that I was yelled at by a boy, because I was burned by a hot pan. It was the first time that a guy yelled at me, that I cried because he yelled at me. It was unnatural, it was unbelievable, it was surreal; that is how I felt last night. My heart pumped as though it was going to jump out of my skin. I was scared.

“I’m fine trust me.”

“If ever I yell at you again…”

I looked at Heechul; his head was bowed down, looking at the plate of French toast in front of him.

“…feel free to punch my face…” he said, and took the fork that was lying next to the plate of toast. He took a mouthful of toast, eating his heart out.

A smiled formed in my face. Thank God he didn’t see me smiling. I quickly wiped the smile off my face and said, “I can’t punch you…” and continued on cooking.

“Kick me, then.”

“No,” I said.

“Why not?” I asked. I lifted my head and looked at her.

“I’ll gain loads of anti-fans. They’ll kill me if I caused even the tiniest scar in your face or body,” she said. She was starting to giggle.

Sarcastically, I said, “That’s true…”

She turned around with wide eyes, not so wide though; it’s puffiness still shows. “Come on, they’ll kill me even now; I’m living with you, you know.”

“What’s wrong with living with me?” I asked.

“There’s nothing wrong with it…if you’re an ordinary person. But you are Kim Heechul; the entire South Korea knows you. Some people will even kneel in front of you. What if people knew that I am living with you?”

“Will you relax,” I said, before I took another mouthful of her delicious French toast. “No one will know, just keep your mouth shut.”

Yerin turned the stove off and walked towards the island. I still can’t help myself not to look in her eyes. I caused the puffiness; curse this big mouth of mine. She walked towards the island with a plateful of French toast and placed it in counter top. So officially, we’re taking our breakfast her in the island.

“Do you want some more?” she offered the plate of toasts.

“I’ll get another one later,” I said, still halfway done with my first toast.

I looked at Yerin; she was chewing a piece of toast while staring at blank space. I still could not convince myself that I made this beautiful girl, beside me, cry in shock. Kim Heechul, her heart is fragile; if you cause anymore shock, it’ll break into pieces. I will never forgive myself if I made another chapter of last night.

“Curious…” she said, talking to herself.

“What is?” I asked, taking a piece of toast and chewing it deliciously.

“I’m just curious how nobody in this building still knows that I am living you, nor the fact that Kim Heechul is living with a girl,” she said, still staring at dead space.

“That is because… I told them not to tell anybody.”

She looked at me, apparently waiting for more answer.

“That’s it?” she said, confirming my hunch.

“Yup, that’s it.”

She shook her head. “No, that’s not it. There’s more to it…”

“There’s no more to it,” I told her.

She blinked her eyes in disbelief. “There’s more to it…I know…”

“I told you that’s it,” I told her again.

“If you don’t want to tell me, fine…”

“What other explanations are there? I told you the only one reason, what’s there to say?” I said, getting a little bit frustrated.

“You can’t just knock on every single door in this building and tell the owners of the apartment ‘Hi, I’m Kim Heechul. Can you please keep a secret that I am living with a girl upstairs?’ That will be unbelievable, you know?” she said, looking at me intently.

I was baffled. Does this mean she doesn’t know?

“How come you don’t know?” I asked to confirm.

“Know what?”

“Sheesh, Yerin, your parents owns this place. Doesn’t ‘SHIN Towers’ ring a bell to you? They probably doubled the security around the perimeter of this floor, or probably the whole building itself.”

Her eyes widened as she looked closely to mine.

“We own this place…that’s crap. This…isn’t…ours!”

This…is not ours. How can my parents afford such a big building, especially a 20 storey building! There is no way on earth that this is ours. I quickly took my phone on the pocket of my blue pajamas. I dialed my father’s phone number and waited for him to answer the call.

“Yerin-ah…” my father said on the other line.

Before he said another word, I cut him off. “Dad, tell me that this building is not ours. Tell me, please. There’s no way we can afford…”

“How did you know?” he asked, cutting me off. “Who told you?”

“Heechul did…”

There was a pause. Dad refused to speak for a few seconds. What’s with this unusual silence?

“Heechul was right. He must have heard it from his parents.”

“Why did you hide it from me?” I asked, my curiosity bottled up inside, now it’s bursting to know.

“I want it to be a surprise…”

“Dad, how come we can afford this type of property. There’s no way in the world we can afford this building.” I was looking at Heechul, his head bowed down, silently eating his French toast.

“It’s your grandfather’s property. I didn’t know about his wealth as well, but it’s too late to ask now. It’s ours now since your grandfather’s death. Actually, that property is yours.”

WHAT IN THE WORLD! THIS IS MINE!

“This property is…mine?”

Heechul looked at me, shocked at my revelation. I was sharing the same shocked face as he is. There is now way…

“Your grandfather wrote your name in his last will. Technically, Shin Towers is yours, only for one condition.”

I got curious. “What condition?”  I asked.

“If you will marry your grandfather’s best friend’s grandson, Heechul, it’ll be yours.”

Woah! This building will be mine if I marry Heechul. Why is stake getting bigger and bigger? First, I only have to marry Heechul because of a personal debt that my grandfather did. Now, I have to marry him to inherit this property…that I only knew just now? How in the world will I supposed to react to that?

“Dad, I’m going to call you later, okay?”

I dropped the call, still in shock.

“What did your father said?” Heechul asked, biting a strawberry that was stuck on the tip of his fork.

Ummm…should I tell him? I was hesitant but…

“He told me that this building is mine.”

“Woah, daebak,” he said, surprised. He smiled at the news.

“Only for one condition,” I said. Heechul looked at me intently, more intently actually. “I’ll have this building under my name if, and only if, I marry you.”

His eyes widened, he stopped chewing; he literally froze.

“Don’t feel pressured, please. I know we’re both stuck in this arrangement thing but please don’t feel pressured because of this. I know you don’t want to marry me…I mean, there’s our hundred day’s agreement…I don’t know!” I cried.

It’s still early and I’m feeling every pressure that I usually get at the end of the day. I don’t think I can go to school and teach.

“I think you’re the one who’s pressured,” Heechul said calmly.

I lifted my head and looked at him; he put down his fork o his plate. He was looking at me straight in my eyes.

“Look…this is only a building. This building will not decide what your future is supposed to be. If you will not marry me, fine with me, but this building will not be yours. But, if you want to do with your whole life is to regret of marrying someone that you don’t love; then marry me.”

How come he’s so calm like this? Heechul said these words so comfortably that I can’t bare myself to just listen to him and believe. It’s like his words are THE words to follow. On the other hand, he’s right. Marry him, and I’ll have this building, but I’ll regret forever.

“You said so yourself, this is just a building. It will not decide for THE BOTH OF US. We’ll move on with the hundred day’s agreement, and then…and then…”

“It’s probably goodbye,” he said, looking at his plate.

It’s probably goodbye…That, I cannot bear to happen. Yerin, love me and it will be enough.

“Tsk…come on! A lot can happen in a hundred days…”

I looked at Yerin’s face; she was smiling. How come she’s smiling?

“Yeah, a lot can happen,” I said, smiling as well.

“Do you have a schedule?” she asked, changing the topic.

“Yup, ‘til eight tonight, but will probably be a little later than that.”

“Why?” she asked, taking her plate to the sink that was a few feet from her. I gave her my plate as well when she came closer.

“Ummm…rehearsal, I guess. Leeteuk doesn’t let me go that easy these days. He’s getting to be a real pain in the .”

Yerin laughed. “So your leader is like that, huh?” she said, still laughing.

“Sometimes, yes, he is. But more often than not, he’s more of an idiot, fooling around in front of the camera and stuff,” I said. I walked to the refrigerator and took a pitcher of water.

“He looks like a jolly person when I see him.” Yerin handed me a glass, still smiling.

“Quit smiling, will you,” I told her.

“Why? You’re leader’s funny. He’s appearance says the opposite.”

“How?” I asked, getting interested.

“Well, he looked like he’s the silent type, but he’s really the leader of the pack when it comes to talking.”

“Correct! Once he starts, there’s no stopping. Oh, especially when Kangin’s around.”

This is the first time that I talked about the members to Yerin. She laughed when I said how weird Yesung is when he’s alone in his room talking to his turtles, how Shindong would probably eat everything on the fridge, how Siwon would wake up to jazz music, sipping coffee while reading the bible, how Sungmin will go aegyo-annoying when he’s bored, how Kangin and Hankyung bicker on Beijing fried rice that wasn’t enough for the whole group, how Ryeowook would stay silent when everyone is talking at the same time, how Kibum would be a lot silent than Ryeowook, how Eunhyuk and Donghae would act like kids and run around the dorm, and how Kyuhyun would stay at one corner of the room, playing with his computer or a game console. That is how I described Super Junior to her.

“Really? Wow, I’d like to confirm everything you said.”

“Huh?”

“Everyone seems…interesting. I’d like to meet them someday.”

“You’ve already meet some of them,” I said.

“I know, but that is out of nowhere. Maybe we should invite them around here sometimes, now that everybody knows that I’m your “fiancée”,” she said, doing the quote thing with her fingers.

“No, WE will be both exhausted when that happens.”

“Oh, why not?” she pouted.

“I’ll think about it. Maybe in the later, later, later, later future.” I walked towards my room.

“Invite them SOON!” she shouted.

“Later, later, later! Or NEVER, I should say.

“Hmmp!” she pouted, crossing her arms in her chest.

MERONG! I shut the door of my bedroom. And she says that she’s not cute at all. I smiled at her act.