Chaos Date

Marrying Cinderella

This is not what I have in mind. DEFINITELY not what was on my mind.

Okay, so a while ago, Yerin and I were in the mall. I asked her to go on a date with me, hoping that both of us will have a good time. Now, how did hell did we end up in Super Junior’s dorm.

“Heechul-hyung, thanks,” Donghae managed to say, even though his mouth is full of pizza.

“Dirty eater,” I whispered to myself, looking at Donghae’s jajangmyun-sauce-stained face.

Twelve people, plus I and Yerin were crammed in the living room, sitting on the floor, eating take outs from every fast food and restaurants we passed by in the mall.

So a while ago…

“I really can’t do this,” Yerin whispered.

Yerin and I are in a café, sipping quietly our coffees. I was getting comfortable by the minute when Yerin’s doing the opposite. She keeps on peeping on everyone from behind her sunglasses. Not to mention she’s hiding her face behind the biggest green hoodie I’ve ever seen in my life (which she bough just minutes ago) and she’s crossing her long, black hair in front of her face to hide it. Didn’t I just tell her to act natural?

“Yerin, what are you doing?” I whispered. “I told you to act natural, right?”

“Sheesh, how can I act natural if I’m in a date with you with thousands of people around me?” she said, nerves-at-work.

Well, the café is heaving with people, mainly groups of girls giggling at every boy who pass by their table. Yerin chose a table at the far end of the café, but still, we were surrounded by groups of girls having their iced coffee and their gossips.

“So what? Dates are normal, alright?” I said.

“Not for me and definitely not WITH you. How do you expect me to act normal when I’m in a date with a Super Jun…”

That was close. Even though Yerin’s voice was so low only she can hear it, but our corner was so crammed with people even I can hear the breaths of everyone around me. A couple a girls turned their heads towards our table. Clearly they heard the “Super Jun…” bit. I bowed down and showed a somewhat apologetic smile. I didn’t know why I did that but I think it was necessary. I may have looked like a weirdo, but hey, what done is done.

Yerin looked at the two girls I bowed to. “What are you looking at?” she snapped at them. They two girls turned their heads and looked the other way.

“Sorry, my sister’s just…uncomfortable,” I told the two girls.

“Sister, huh?” she looked annoyed.

“What?” I asked.

“Now I’m your sister. Sheesh, let’s just go ‘there’.” Her eyes looked persistent.

“No, come on, don’t ruin my day. ‘There’ is not the best place in the world. ‘There’ is the closest thing to hell, trust me.”

“’There’ is better than here…evidently. Come on Hee…” she paused, trying to not say my name, “come on…please,” she pleaded. “You asked me where I want to go to feel comfortable. I told you ‘there’ and now you’re refusing. Can’t you see that I’m uncomfortable to be here?”

“Then when can I have a decent date then?” I whispered. “When?”

Her face fell blank, finding the right answer to say. But only silence is her reply. For a while, she just fell silent, silently drinking her iced coffee.

“Honestly,” she finally said, “this is not the dream date I have in mind.”

A shy smile formed in her lips.

“Me too,” I admitted.

Now, it finally hit me. This is not my dream date. This is some pathetic, flash date that I dragged Yerin into. A date should have violins, flowers, make Leeteuk and the others wait our candle-lit table, sweet music playing in the background, in the middle of a very romantic place like the penthouse of a classy hotel or something. Because of my hyper want to be in a date with Yerin, it turned out into this disaster date.

Do you want to know why I dragged Yerin here? It’s because I want to or I was hoping to brag to everybody that I have a very beautiful date. But how can I brag if she’s hiding under a hoodie and a white rimmed sunglasses?

Okay, enough.

I stood up, picked up the iced coffee in front of me, walked towards Yerin and pulled her up gently.

“Come on; let’s pick up some things before going to hell.”

“What?” she asked.

“Let’s go.”

“Where?” she asked again.

“Do you want to get out of here or not?”

And without a word, she took a sip from her glass of iced coffee and quickly stood up. She grabbed my hand with a whisper of “Let’s go,” and we were off out of the café. Honestly, I was taken aback when she took my hand and led the way. Without a warning, she just grabbed me by the hand and led the way; it should be the opposite!

Before getting out of the mall, we bought a whole lot of pizza, a whole bunch of buckets of fried chicken, boxes and boxes of Chinese noodles, and tons of bottles of cola. Yerin went wild buying all of these stuffs for my members. I was thinking “What the hell; we’re not feeding an army are we?” But hey, I think Yerin knows Super Junior pretty well; after all, they eat like it’s they’re last meal.

On our way to the dorm, I noticed that Yerin was a lot more comfortable. Her glasses are thrown aside on the dashboard of the car, her hoodie’s down, and her face finally lit up. The back seat of the car is a mess with all the boxes of take-out foods thrown inside it. But the hell with the mess; as long as Yerin’s finally smiling, I’ll bare with it.

 

“Hyung, what brought you here?” Ryeowook asked from the far end of the living room, sitting on the floor with Sungmin beside him.

I looked at Yerin and said, “Her.”

Yerin, sitting beside me on the floor, looked back at me and gave me an annoyed look.

“Yah! I did not…”she said, with her stare piercing through my skin, apparently telling me to “Cut it off; don’t make me look bad”, but all I can say is…

“Liar. You were the one who wanted to go here.”

She fell silent. Everyone did. But then…

“Ei~, cut it out you two,” Leeteuk said, cutting the tension.

Sure, I might have made Yerin feel uncomfortable, but thanks to Big Mouth Leeteuk, Yerin have a smile on her face again. Then, everyone is in celebratory mode again; like nothing happened. Yerin was offering pizzas to Yesung and Eunhyuk who were sitting just beside her.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I turned to see Leeteuk and Siwon behind me. They pulled me up and literally dragged me to one of rooms. Darn Siwon, he dare shut my mouth with his filthy hand!

“What the hell!” I finally yelled when they let go of me. But once again, Siwon put his hands over my mouth to shut it.

“Ssshhhh~. Can you please calm down?” Leeteuk hissed.

“You just dragged me here!” I hissed back. “What do you want?”

“Okay hyung, tell us,” Siwon started, “why are you two here?” he asked.

“Are you sure that all you want to know?” I asked back.

Siwon’s eyebrows shot up in annoyance. Leeteuk can’t help but be annoyed as well.

“Ah, hyung…”

“She wanted to be here,” I said pointing at the door. We were at the mall just now…”

“Why were you in the mall?” Leeteuk asked.

“What’s the REAL question again?” I asked.

“Then tell the whole story. Why are you here?” Leeteuk said, sitting down on the nearby bed. Siwon sat down beside Leeteuk while I was left near the door.

I sighed before I said, “We were in the mall because I dragged her there to have a date.” Again, Siwon’s eyebrows shot up. Sheesh, those annoying brows! Heaven knows how much I want to shave them.

“But she was uncomfortable. She said she’ll be much more comfortable here…”

“She said that?” Leeteuk cut in. “Why?”

“I don’t know,” I replied, annoyed. “Heaven knows what on her mind. I don’t understand her. Can’t she just agree with me that this place is a mess?”

“But it’s clean,” Siwon said.

“I’m not talking about how clean the dorm is. I’m talking about who are staying in this place…”

Leeteuk glared at me. “Yah… what are you talking about; you once stayed here.”

“Fine. But all I want is just to have a quiet time with her,” I said, “Some place quiet, just the two of us, and have the greatest date ever done in history!”

My mind flew away. Taken by my imagination, I was thinking of me and Yerin in a beach, running in the white sand. Her flowing, white dress flowed gracefully along with her black hair being blown beautifully in the passing cold, ocean wind. The sun is almost setting; hand in hand, we stood by the sea shore, the water touching our toes. She faced me and she closed her eyes…and then…and then…inch by inch… was close to mine…and then…

“HYUNG!!!” Siwon yelled.

“YAH!!! I really want to kick your ! What do you want?”

“You’re lost in space…” he said a little confused. “Okay, I was saying, why don’t we plan a date for you two?”

“What?” I asked.

“I mean…WE will plan it.”

“You…”

“No. WE will. Super Junior will.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” I said, getting more annoyed.

Leeteuk looked at Siwon and said, “I think that’s a great idea. Once and for all, create a magical date…”

“Magical, huh?”

“Shut up, Heechul,” Leeteuk dare said to me. “There’s not much days left until the hundred days end, right?”

I nodded.

“Alright, once and for all, WE’LL plan a date, more romantic that you can ever dream of.” Leeteuk’s eyes glimmered, like he had the most perfect date in the entire universe running inside his head. “I have a plan. Then and there in that date, propose to her.”

“Propose?”

Propose? Is this for real? They’re joking, right? Sure I want to propose to Yerin, but I’m not sure if she will accept it. And besides, if it’s Leeteuk who’ll be planning the whole thing, it will be the cheapest date created on earth, ever! What if he asks Boom for advice? Sheesh, just thinking about it makes me want to throw up.

“I don’t think this will work…” I disagreed.

“No trust me. And you will not even have to lift a finger.” He said, smiling from ear to ear.

I hesitated; I mean, who wouldn’t? “But in one condition…”

“What?”

“I want Siwon to be our waiter.”

“Ah, hyung!” Siwon protested. “How come I’m the waiter?”

“You have the looks of a waiter.” I smirked.

 

“Where did Heechul go?” I asked, looking around the living room. “I didn’t notice him go.”

“Oh, he’s talking to Leeteuk-hyung,” Sungmin informed me. “Do you want some more?” he said, giving me a slice of pizza.

“No, thanks, I’m full.”

What are they talking about that they even have to get out of here?

“Where’s Heechul?” I asked again. And Sungmin kindly pointed on a door nearby.

I stood up and made my way in a sea of flower boys. In front of the door that Sungmin pointed at, I heard Leeteuk’s voice saying, “I’ll take care of everything.”

Take care of what?

Then, Siwon said, “Just go with the flow, hyung.”

Go with what flow?

Then, Heechul said, “I just wish she’ll accept.”

Accept what? Who will?

I was about to knock on the door, it opened with a startled Heechul on the doorway. I lowered my hand, looking from Heechul’s startled face to Siwon and Leeteuk’s face just behind Heechul.

“What are you guys talking about?” I asked.

Heechul looked at Leeteuk and Siwon before answering, “Nothing… it’s a guy thing.”

“Oh.”

Leeteuk’s face was point blank. Siwon looked guilty for some reason I don’t know. Heechul…well, he’s still…staring at me.

“I just want to know where you were,” I told Heechul.

Heechul finally smiled. “I’m not going anywhere.” In just a split second, Heechul’s hand grabbed mine and pulled me to the living room again. Heechul told Hankyung and Shindong to get off the couch. After some second of bickering with Hankyung, the two finally got off of the couch and Heechul pulled me on the couch next to him.

“Let’s play a bit,” Heechul whispered in my ear.

“What?” I asked.

“Let’s make them jealous,” he whispered again.

“What are you talking about?”

“Just go with it,” he said, and hugged me tightly.

As I rested on his chest, I can hear the thumping of his heart. The heart beats like a drum beats of their latest song. Sheesh, he looks confident in front on s but his heart will burst out of his rib cage.

Then, one by one, s looked at us with looks of envy, giddy or annoyance. Sungmin’s sweet smile showed cutely in his adorable face, not to mention the eye smiles. Ryeowook, Donghae and Eunhyuk did the same. Leeteuk’s face looks like he has struck gold in a draught. Haha, that’s epic! Kibum and Hankyung shared the same “don’t-care-won’t-care” face.

“Ah, hyung. What are you doing?” Siwon asked.

“What? Jealous?” Heechul said and hugged me even tighter.

“For all I know, that’s the farthest you can go,” Kibum said.

The farthest? What?

Then, without notice, Heechul kissed me…on the cheek…for what seemed like a century. Time and space seemed to not exist. Time stood still; space is endless. It may be a few seconds to Super Junior, but to me…it’s longer.

Shin Yerin! Wake up!

 

 

_____________________________________________________

The countdown is on guys. Three or four more chapters to go. But it's not totally a bye bye to Yerin and Heenim. Promise...

~Crina