One Hundred ONLY!

Marrying Cinderella

“Heechul-hyung, practice starts at 10 am tomorrow,” Eunhyuk told me when I was about to leave the practice room.

“I know,” I said.

“Don’t forget!” he shouted.

“I KNOW!” I shouted louder. That monkey is really annoying. Can’t he bother anyone else?

I was a few feet away from the practice room when Kangin stop me on my step. “Hyung, let’s drink. You don’t have a schedule tonight, right?” he said.

“I can’t, I’m too tired,” I lied.

“You’re tired? Are you serious?” he asked suspiciously.

Actually, I’m not tired. I just want to go home early so see Yerin. She just moved today to OUR home. I really can’t get over the fact that a girl will be living with me, a hot girl!

“I’m serious,” I said, now glaring. “Seriously, I want to go home.”

“What’s going on?” he asked again.

“Nothing. Can you please let me go now?” I pleaded.

Kangin was taken aback with my “polite” request. I don’t usually plead with any of the members, even with Leeteuk. Though he’s the leader, I always do everything my way.

“…Fine. We’ll just go some other time.”

“Okay, no problem,” I said and walked away.

Well, I haven’t told anyone else about Yerin, I’m not ready yet. There’ll be a time that I will introduce Yerin to my members. It’s just now, I’m hoping that everything will be okay with the company. It’s not that I’m creating a scandal, right? I mean, eventually I’ll get married. I may not still agree with the arranged marriage thing but, come on; Yerin is the super among the supers. She’s perfect, physical wise. The thing is, she has to fall for me. Everybody falls for me! She’ll be a piece of cake.

It took me about 20 minutes to drive from SM to Shin Towers. I parked my car at the basement parking lot of this 20-storey building. Our apartment is at the 18th floor, overlooking the magnificent city of Seoul. We can see the rising sun at our ceiling-to-floor window in the morning and the extravagant lights of traffic and high buildings in our surrounding.

In front of our door, I started to smile. I feel like I’m really married now. You know when you go home at night and someone special is waiting for your arrival; I’m feeling it now. I seriously can contain myself.

I’m coming in.

I rang the doorbell and waited for the door to open.

“Who’s there?” Yerin’s voice was heard over the intercom.

“It’s me,” I said.

Oh my God, I’m such an idiot! I should have bought a bouquet of flower. I wonder what her favorite flower is.

“Just a sec…” she said.

After a few seconds, the door opened and revealed a sweaty Yerin.

“What are you doing?” I asked. “What’s with the sweat…”

“I was arranging my things at the other room. Come in,” she said. I followed her inside.

I was shocked at the sight of big boxes lying on the living room. “You have…loads of stuff huh?”

“I’m sorry about the clutter. Don’t worry I’ll clean this up…”

“I’ll help you.”

“I’ll help you,” he said while taking off his brown coat and placing it neatly on the couch.

Wow! Where did devil Cinderella go? I wasn’t expecting this at all.

He picked up the box nearest to him. “Where should I put this?” he asked.

“Ummm…please put it by the door of my room,” I instructed. And, he did what he was told. He placed the box neatly next to my white-door bedroom. He was peeking at my still cluttered bedroom. “Your room is much smaller than mine. You want to switch?” he asked all of a sudden, looking at me.

WHAT DID HE SAID? I think my ears are playing on me.

“No need. I’m fine with this room,” I said.

“Are you sure?” he asked. “I only need my room for sleeping. You still have to work at home, right?”

“It’s okay; I can manage myself, thanks.”

He smiled slightly. “If you say so.”

He returned to the living room and took another box.

What is going on? I told myself if he, in any case, shout and order me around again, I’ll shout at him as well, even if my lungs dry out. But, why is he so gentle all of a sudden. What is going on? Is he having a bipolar personality?

 

After cleaning up the mess I made in the living room, both Heechul and I hang out at the living room. He sat on the couch and I sat on the floor. We quietly were drinking soda that I got from the refrigerator. The atmosphere is too awkward that I didn’t dare speak a word. It’s fine if I don’t speak. Maybe I’ll speak if he does.

“Yerin-sshi,” he finally said.

“Hmmm?”

“What made you come here?” he asked.

“We had an agreement, remember?” I said. A while ago, how I wish that I didn’t move here. But now, I’m thinking twice. Why did you even show your caring side?

“That’s it? It’s just about the agreement?” he asked, looking at me now.

I slightly bowed my head to avoid his eyes. “Umm, yes. Should there be any other reason?”

“Should there be any other reason?” she said. WOW, that hurts. It means…she doesn’t like me. What? How come there is a girl that doesn’t like Kim Heechul. EVERYONE likes Kim Heechul! Calm down, Heechul. Eventually, this girl will fall for you. You just have to be patient and pursue her.

“I thought…there is.”

“Actually, there is,” she said. YES! There’s still hope. “My grandfather,” she continued. Again my hopes fell.

Then, both of us went silent, at least for another five minutes. Both were staring into nothing, both were too engrossed in thinking, both were to awkward to talk. But then…

“Heechul-sshi,” Yerin said. “I want to tell you something.”

“What?” I said. What could be inside her head?

“As early as now, I want to tell you that even though we are going to live together, I’m still not ready to marry you,” she said, her head bowed down.

She looked at me and continued. “Since that is the case, I want to give ourselves a limit, meaning a time where both of us will just look away and live our separate lives after this.”

Both are looking intently at each other. Yerin’s eyes are full of conviction when she told me, “100 days. Let’s live together for a hundred days. Then, we’ll both move on.”

Without a word, Heechul stood up and headed to his room. Before he opened his door, he looked back to me and said, “You’re not the one who’s supposed to decide…” He opened his door, walked inside, and closed it with a bang.

Did I say something wrong?

 

I woke up at 7:30 am, still thinking of last night. Why did Heechul stormed into his room like that? I thought he’d agree to my decision too. Why is he acting like that?

Is he…by any chance…in love with me?

NO! He…can’t…be…

I went to the kitchen and cooked breakfast. As I prepare the food, I was glancing at Heechul bedroom. Is he still in there? Even if he isn’t, I’ll still cook breakfast for him. Again, this morning turned out to be awkward.

A few minutes after, Heechul came out of his bedroom…with a bed-head. His hair is messy and his eyes are still droopy. So this is how a super star looks like in the morning. He sat on one of the chairs in from of the dining table and dropped his head on the table, still sleepy. “Coffee…” he mumbled.

I headed to the coffee machine to get some coffee. I placed the cup full of coffee in front of him and said, “Here you go.”

He lifted his head from the table and opened his eyes. He took the cup took a small sip. “AH! It’s hot…”

“Of course it’s hot,” I argued.

He glared at me.

“It’s supposed to be hot. It’s coffee,” I said.

Then, his stare cooled down. Now, he’s looking at me a little gentler, but still his eyes are on me. “Yerin-sshi,” he said.

I stared at him and waited for is next line.

“Yerin-sshi, I’ll agree to the 100 days deal. But with one condition…” he said.

“What…condition?” I asked.

“You are going to be my wife for a hundred days. No buts.”

Yerin stared at me, without blinking, shocked at what I just said. It may be absurd to her but I mean everything I said.

“Be…your wife? Heechul-sshi, are you mad? I thought I told you that I don’t want to marry you?” she finally said, getting a little angry.

“What’s the matter? We’ll separate anyway…”

“But still…”

“Okay, let me get this straight. When I said wife, I mean cook for me, clean the house, and do the laundry. That’s it.”

But that’s really not it. I’d what to get to know you, care for you…even love you if you’d only allow me. But can I say those things to you if you detest me even we’ve only just began living together.

“In other words, you want me to be your servant, is that it?” she said.

NOT SERVANT! I pouted. But your mind is really somewhere else so… “If that is what you think it is then yes.”

I blow on the coffee before taking another sip. I looked at Yerin, wanting to check what her reaction is. I shouldn’t have looked at her; she’s glowering at me.

Servant, huh… FINE! So long that I am not married to you!