Chapter 9

Finding The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “He really won’t stop until he gets what he wants, Kyu,” Sheila said worriedly as she curled the phone cord around a finger. The endless rapid tapping of her foot showed her growing anxiety and worry. His father was dangerous, derailed. There was no other way to put it.

“Mom, it’ll be okay, really it will.”

Sheila took a deep breath. She trusted her son. It would be okay.

“He wants to meet you, on his terms,” she said.

“I know, he called me,” Kyu told her.

“What are you going to do about it?”

“I’m going to meet him.”

 

“Did you do what I asked? Did do make him believe that you are on his side?” Jeremy asked as Sheila set the phone down, observing her carefully. Sheila nodded, tears filling her eyes. She could only hope her son was smart enough to figure out the message behind her words. She had passed the false plan Jeremy had instructed her to. She was in.

“Good. The next thing you have to do is meet him, and tell him that I wish to meet him soon. Make it appear as though you are double-crossing me. Allow him to choose the time and place,” Jeremy ordered. Sheila nodded again, her hands trembling as she gripped the couch handles tightly.

“Very well. That is all for now. I’ll contact you later if I need anything,” Jeremy said, and with a mock bow, he left the apartment.

 

SungMin flung himself into Kyu’s arms as soon as he walked through the door, making the younger drop his briefcase as he caught Min.

“You’re home,” SungMin breathed into his neck.

“Yeah, right on time, as usual,” Kyu said, frowning slightly at the strange behaviour.

“I was worried,” SungMin mumbled.

“Why?” Kyu wondered.

“I… I always worry about you,” SungMin said, pulling back and hiding his face. Kyu shook his head, picking back up his briefcase and walking to the kitchen. Maybe his fiancée was just trying to make up for his bad mood the night before.

“Where’s the cake?” he asked, peering into the oven.

“In the fridge,” Min answered.

“Want a slice?” Kyu questioned.

“Not hungry.” KyuHyun rolled his eyes and cut a slice for SungMin anyway. Once he had sat down, Min immediately scuttled over to lay his head on Kyu’s shoulder. He pressed play on the movie he had been watching, and Kyu tried to follow along as he munched on his cake. Not a minute had passed before SungMin asked, “Can I have a bite?”

“I should tell you no, but yes,” Kyu said, holding up SungMin’s slice to his mouth. He stopped chewing as SungMin paused the movie and turned nervously to Kyu.

“What is it, love?” Kyu asked, his mouth half full.

“Nothing, i…” SungMin paused again.

“You?” Kyu prompted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter