Chapter 5

Finding The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KyuHyun rolled over, frowning when the bed beside him was cool to the touch. He swung his feet over the edge of the bed, searching for his fluffy slippers. Shuffling out into the kitchen, he leaned against the door as he watched SungMin move effectively and efficiently around the kitchen, most likely making breakfast. His glance rose to the clock on the wall. 6:15 am. He had time.

“You’re awake,” SungMin greeted him as he set two plates down on the table.

“Indeed. Do I get a reward for waking up by myself?” KyuHyun teased.

“Nope, I’ll thank the sunlight later,” SungMin replied, laying out eggs on each plate. He put a muffin next to both and then drew a smiley face and a heart on one with icing.

“Where’d you get icing?” KyuHyun asked.

“We had, and I’m going to make a cake too,” SungMin informed him. Just then, the doorbell rang and before either could react, it opened and HeeChul and HanGeng stepped through.

“You’re still here?” HeeChul said as a greeting, walking straight to the kitchen and kissing SungMin on the cheek as he dipped his finger into the icing tube.

“Mm, it’s good,” HeeChul commented. SungMin slapped his hand away when it went to touch it again.

“HeeChul, behave,” HanGeng said, rolling his eyes at KyuHyun who decided he should get ready for work now. Leave these crazy friends alone. He heard the continued chatter as he walked back to the bedroom to bathe and get ready and smiled. These friends he knew were harmless. Not like that YunHo character.

He came out of the bathroom, drying himself off when a glint of silver caught his eye from SungMin’s dresser top. Walking over, he found a ring. He turned it over in his hand and read ‘Cho KyuHyun promises to love Lee SungMin. Eternally.’ He knew these words, this ring. It was the first couple thing Kyu had given to SungMin. Running his fingers over the metal, he noticed a few rough spots and decided to get it cleaned as a surprise for SungMin, so he tucked it into his pants pocket. He would have to find his won as well.

As he pulled on his shirt, SungMin came through the door. He smiled and put down the suitcase he’d been carrying, standing in front of KyuHyun and began to button his shirt buttons. He smoothed it down after he had finished and then picked up a dark blue tie, expertly tying it with his fingers.

“Thank you,” KyuHyun whispered, tipping his head up and kissing him on his forehead. SungMin smiled slightly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter