Chapter 7

Finding The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Looks like it’s going to be a stormy night,” Kyu commented, as they got ready for bed that night. A stormy night. Not only outside, but in Min’s heart as well.

“Hm,” SungMin responded, folding back the sheets and slipping under them, turning off the night light on his side. He waited until Kyu had settled in beside him and then snuggled into his lover’s… no fiancé’s arms. Nothing could hurt him here, especially not Kyu’s father.

“Are you okay Min? You’re trembling, love,” Kyu told him, holding him tighter still.

“I’m fine,” SungMin assured him, though he felt terrible for lying to Kyu so much.

“Are you sure? You could be coming down with-”

“I said I’m fine, Kyu.” His voice was sharper this time

“Okay, if you say so hun. Sleep it off okay?” Kyu whispered as he drifted off to sleep. SungMin sighed, his guilt growing as he thought about a few moments before, him snapping at Kyu. He closed his eyes and lay there for a few minutes, willing himself to sleep. But sleep didn’t come. The light patter of rainfall began overhead and he slipped out from beneath Kyu’s arm, replacing the space with a pillow.

He walked outside, feeling the rain wash over him. Within minutes, the intensity increased, each drop stinging the skin it made contact with. But it felt good. It felt nice. It calmed him, strangely enough.  He felt the fear from his heart wash away slowly as he got drenched to the bone.

“I’ll ruin you and my son…”

“You’ll regret this…”

SungMin groaned and slammed his fist into the wall, trying to release some of the emotion he kept hidden from SungMin. He couldn’t put Kyu at risk. But he couldn’t leave him to face his father alone either. He twisted the silver band around his ring finger, reading the words etched there. Eternally. That was their promise to each other. And this was part of eternally. He had to be with Kyu every step of the way.

“Having second thoughts already?” a voice asked behind him. He turned to see Kyu standing there, a pained look on his face as he walked next to SungMin.

“No. no of course not,” SungMin said. Kyu’s brows furrowed, sadness evident deep in his eyes. He walked in front SungMin, watching the lightning flash across the sky and illuminate their faces occasionally.

“Is there something you’re not telling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter