Chapter 15

Finding The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 YunHo came barging through the door and picked SungMin up from the ground, as he was the first one YunHo laid eyes on.

One officer came in after him, pushing a man before him. Mr. Cho's "worker". He handcuffed him and then pushed him against the wall, reeling off his rights.

“I guess my aim was okay,” YunHo said, his voice shaking drastically as he looked at Mr. Cho groaning on the ground because of the pain of the bullet in his shoulder.

“It was perfect,” SungMin said, before he broke free and rushed over to KyuHyun. The younger barely managed to smile weakly at SungMin before his eyes fluttered close again and he passed out. Police officers flooded the scene, handcuffing the bleeding Mr. Cho and calling for an ambulance.

It all happened in a blur for SungMin, who sat holding Kyu’s head in his lap and leaning against the wall for support. He did not freak out when they pulled KyuHyun from his arms and carried him out of the building into the ambulance. He just followed. Perhaps it would all be over now.

He gazed at Kyu’s face, with dried blood and shallow cuts, as they drove to the hospital. KyuHyun was attached to an IV and his father was taken into surgery. SungMin sat outside holding the can of coke in his hand and sipping occasionally. From across him, Mrs. Cho was still sobbing, her head buried in her hands.

“I’m sorry for not believing you,” the senior officer said as he stood next to YunHo.

“It’s okay,” YunHo said shakily, “I’m not sure I would have believed me.”

“I hope everything turns out okay,” he said sincerely, and after patting YunHo’s back comfortingly, he left.

“Wait!” YunHo called after him. He turned around.

“What about Mr. Cho?” YunHo asked.

“He’ll be charged with attempted murder,” the senior officer told him.

"Is that all?"

"They'll probably put him into a mental institution after," the officer informed him.

“What about me?” YunHo was almost too afraid to ask.

“What about you? What you did was save your friend. We’re grateful to you for it.”

“Oh. That’s it. Thank you!”

YunHo leaned against the wall, his eyes focused on SungMin. He was worried about his friend. Since they had left the abandoned warehouse, he had not said a word, his facial expression hadn’t changed, he had not shed a single tear. YunHo was worried that he was in shock.

YunHo hadn’t want to disturb him. He knew, because he was in the same state, that SungMin was worried sick about Kyu. For some reason, his thoughts trailed back to when it had all been revealed. When Kyu’s mom had told them everything. And when they had made their own plan.

“I’ll help you. Te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter