Chapter 6

Finding The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SungMin was frozen. His blood felt as though it was turning to ice in his veins. And afraid. He’d never been more afraid in his life, except for when the doctors had said Kyu was giving up and he might not live after the accident. Kyu. His name made SungMin snap back from his fear and shake his head.

“No, I don’t want you in here,” SungMin said, his voice trembling but he came outside, locking the door behind him and tossing the key in through a window, then closing the window. Kyu had a key if he got home. He stood next to this man he hated and feared with a passion, his hands trembling.

“Then we shall go for a walk,” Mr. Cho said, with an edge of venom to his voice. SungMin nodded, following behind Mr. Cho as he began to walk. His mind was racing, although at the same time, it was clouding over with fear. He clenched his hands into fists as he tried to fathom all the possible reasons KyuHyun’s father was outside his apartment. How did he even know where they lived? Hadn’t he been in New York for the last four years?

“I take it that was the apartment you bought together with my son,” Mr. Cho commented, but it sounded more like a question. SungMin had to clear his throat several times before he could respond.

“Yes, that’s the apartment Kyu and I bought together,” SungMin said, and even then his voice sounded strained. The fear was evident, at least to him. He tried to remember the breathing techniques he and learned in martial arts as he felt his breaths getting shorter and his heart rate increasing. They continued to walk in silence until they reached outside and KyuHyun’s father led the way to a little breakfast shop SungMin often frequented.

“Two coffees please,” Mr. Cho ordered when the waitress came to their table.

“One,” SungMin corrected. He wasn’t going to accept anything from a man like him. How it was possible that he had a son as perfect as Kyu when he was this way was past SungMin.

“Very well. One,” he confirmed, and the waitress left.

“What do you want?” SungMin asked as she walked away. Mr. Cho smiled, but it wasn’t a nice smile.

“Same thing as last time,” Mr. Cho said casually, flipping through the menu. He waited for this to sink in and then put it down.

“I want you to stay away from my son. You’re ruining him,” Mr. Cho hissed at SungMin from across the table.

“KyuHyun doesn’t seem to think so,” SungMin barely managed to choke out.

“That’s because he doesn’t have as much experience in these things as I do,” his dad said, and the dangerous tone from his voice was gone again as the waitress returned with his cup of coffee.

"I will ruin you, Lee SungMin. Leave my son alone."

"It doesn't matter if I get hurt," SungMin said honestly.

"I will ruin you and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter