Chapter 20

Finding The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SungMin took an extremely deep breath as he fidgeted, trying not to touch anything too much as he wandered around their newly bought house alone. For the morning, he had already broken an expensive ceramic vase that used to occupy a space by the stairs when Henry had come to tell him hi, and a swan figurine from his bookshelf. Along with that, he had snapped several pencils while trying to write out a few words to say that day.

“Stupid fragile things,” SungMin cursed under his breath as he walked into the living room, giving the shelf with all their C.D.s a wide berth. He bit his lip as he saw his favourite bunny figurine, one that had been bought especially for him. Hesitantly, he walked over to it, shining brightly on the stand that also held the television, a big 40-inch flat screen TV that he had opposed to buying, but “the graphics are really good”.

Praying to the imaginary God of clumsiness, he picked up the figurine, his fingers lightly over the transparent glass, moving it gently from side to side to see how the light refracted through it, producing a spectrum of colours.

“SungMin!” a loud voice startled him and the bunny slipped right through his jittery fingers. Inwardly screaming, he swooped down and grabbed it, just before it hit the ground and then thanked the imaginary God of fast reflexes.

“Damn it HeeChul!” SungMin said angrily, grasping the bunny to his chest for dear life.

“Sorry,” HeeChul said, not sounding the least bit sorry, “Are you ready? Everything?”

SungMin opened his mouth to respond, but at that same moment, sharp rapping echoed through the house and SungMin winced as he did every time someone knocked. Damn, he hated that door. Another thing they had disagreed about.

“I want to see my husband!” a voice demanded, and SungMin almost laughed despite all the stress he was under.

“Not your husband yet,” HeeChul muttered before turning on his heel to glare in the direction of Kyu’s voice.

“NOW!” another shout followed the first.

HeeChul cursed under his breath before he stalked out of the room to go and stop KyuHyun from seeing him. Again.

“No, it’s bad luck seeing the bride before the wedding!” another voice shouted, and SungMin recognized it as RyeoWook’s. Following this were sounds of a struggle and he heard HeeChul curse loudly this time.

“I’m not a bride!” SungMin yelled. There was sudden silence as they all heard SungMin and then Min could hear Kyu’s muffled cries of his name. As he peeked out into t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter