Chapter 17

Finding The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SungMin waved as Kyu sped off from in front the dojo, his lips still warm from the kiss they had shared. Sighing as he turned, he pushed open the gate and entered, locking it behind him. He was late. Today was days past the original date that the new students got in, and he had not been there that morning or any morning since to greet them.

Well, I was kinda busy... my fiancee being kidnapped and all, he thought.

As he walked into the main building, he was amazed to see all the students already seated, staring up at the front of the room. Someone was talking. As he walked along the corridor beside the main building and saw the front of the room, he felt proud to see his students occupying his new students.

“Martial arts isn’t just a way to defend yourself. It’s an honorary practice passed down through the generations of the Lee dojo, and many other dojos. You will never find a respected dojo without a past,” Amber said. Unconsciously as she spoke, her hand went up to her neck, where the chain her sensei had given her ended with the word hope.

“Our dojo is the best, to every student here. Out sensei is the best. We all must have one common thing. Respect. For ourselves and for each other. We are all equal.” She fell silent again, fiddling with the pendant.

“Martial arts takes devotion, hard work, enthusiasm, and loyalty to your dojo. Without these, we have no morals, no values.”

“Until my sensei comes, that’s-” SungMin entered the room then. Immediately, as though it was a reflex now, the students at the front bowed. After some scraping of chairs, he turned to see every one of the new students bent at their waists as well.

“Thank you, Amber. Your words touched me,” he whispered as he passed her. He cleared his throat and the older students straightened up. Amber was still grinning.

“You all can stop bowing now,” SungMin called out. As they obeyed his words, SungMin was happy to see excitement on their faces.

“Would you all like to go on a tour of the dojo now?” SungMin asked, looking at each face individually. The boys nodded and SungMin gestured for Amber, MinHo and Key to take them for the tour. As he sat at his desk, he couldn’t help but wonder what on earth YunHo and KyuHyun were doing together.

 

“Come on, this is another one,” YunHo said as he literally pulled KyuHyun through the doors of yet another jewellery store. They had been to at least five for the day so far, yet YunHo seemed to be looking for something specific. Kyu groaned in irritation. His feet were starting to ache.

“Can’t we take a break now?” he complained.

“No. you're t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter