Chapter 16

Finding The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hate hospitals,” someone murmured. SungMin blinked, trying to clear his head. He had fallen asleep after crying his eyes out over Kyu. As he rose up, he saw Kyu pulling at his IV, looking at it with an expression of pure distaste.

“I really hate hospitals,” he commented again, “And needles.”

“You won’t be here much longer,” SungMin comforted him, still sleepy from his nap.

“One minute is way too long. I waste way too much time in hospitals,” Kyu complained.

“If you would just let me take care of you, maybe you wouldn’t,” SungMin scolded him, slapping away his hand from the IV as Kyu sneakily tried to pull it out. Kyu pouted, but leaned back against his pillows.

“I have to take care of you,” Kyu corrected, smiling.

“You don’t know how to take care of yourself, so let’s not got there,” SungMin said, getting up, just as YunHo came in.

“How’s the misery?” he asked playfully.

“What are you doing here?” KyuHyun groaned.

“I saved your life,” YunHo said, sitting in the chair SungMin had just vacated.

“Not here. Here, as in, my hospital room,” Kyu clarified.

“Checking on SungMin,” YunHo said, and smirked when Kyu’s pout grew.

“Leave him,” SungMin said, laughing at them. YunHo pretended to lean down to kiss Kyu’s forehead, making the youngest of the three yelp loudly and roll to the end of the bed panicky.

The doctor came in at the sound of Kyu’s outburst, looking around at the three friends in amusement.  He began to check Kyu’s vitals, Min and YunHo laughing at the faces Kyu made in the process.

“Good news,” the doctor said, turning to look at the other two. Kyu’s mom entered through the door at that moment as well, rushing over to her son and hugging him gingerly.

“He can be discharged today,” the doctor informed them, “If,” he held up a hand as SungMin and YunHo began celebrating, “You promise me you’ll feed him right after you leave.”

“They promise,” Kyu said instantly from behind him.

“Well, I don’t know…” YunHo began, teasing again.

“We promise,” SungMin said quickly, seeing Kyu’s eyes narrow dangerously at his friend. KyuHyun smiled at his lover, to which SungMin just rolled his eyes and went over to help Mrs. Cho take her miserable son out of the bed. They set him on his feet, standing close behind in case he fell.

“I’m not going to fall,” Kyu said as he took his first step toward the door and they all moved close behind him.

“If you say so,” SungMin replied, still shadowing Kyu’s every step. And that’s how they went.

 

“We fly out in the morning,” YunHo said as they walked through the hotel doors.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter