Chapter 13

Finding The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YunHo put the last of their suitcases overhead and then sat down next to SungMin. Seeing the serious expression on the other’s face, the dark circles shadowing his eyes, and the redness that came from crying all night, he turned to him with a bright smile on his face.

“I’m YunHo, nice to meet you,” he said, offering a hand to SungMin as he repeated the first words he had ever said to SungMin. SungMin turned and took YunHo’s hand in his own, feeling the depth of their friendship there. YunHo could see the tears shining in his eyes as he squeezed YunHo’s hand. So that was why he’d been looking out the window so intently.

“SungMin. Nice to meet you too I suppose,” SungMin replied as he played along, smiling, his voice cracking slightly.

“It’ll be okay, Min. it will,” he insisted as SungMin shook his head.

“I’m so scared, YunHo,” SungMin said, leaning his head on YunHo’s shoulder, closing his eyes and envisioning Kyu’s perfection. Exhausted from a sleepless night, he fell into a fitful sleep on YunHo’s shoulder, dreams filled of Kyu coming to comfort him.

“You remember the plan?” YunHo asked Mrs. Cho quietly. She nodded, knowing the risk her son faced every second. This was his father.

“Don’t’ screw up.”

 

“You’re awake,” his father’s voice greeted him as he blinked sleep from his eyes. His father came into view and he watched as he checked his phone.

“Your mother will be here soon, on about two more hours. She flew out this morning,” he said as he stuck the device back into his pocket.

“It’s evening, if you were wondering. Well, after noon, not yet evening. Two o’ clock or so. I would bring you something to eat but I have a feeling you would just spit it back in my face.”

KyuHyun kept his face blank and ignored his father, though the prospect of food, no matter what, made his stomach ache. He had not eaten for the last forty eight hours.

“Not talking again, I see,” his father commented.

“Fine with me.”

 

SungMin led the way to the hotel room YunHo had reserved for them, dumping his suitcase in the middle of everywhere uncaringly.

Sheila on the other hand, went in the opposite direction. Their rooms were far apart, so it would not appear as though they had come together. She left her suitcase against the wall, and then left. She had just gotten a call from Jeremy saying he wanted to see her.

“What did the police in Korea say?” SungMin asked YunHo.

“They said take it to the New York police. Since it’s no longer in their country, they have no responsibility,” Yun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter