Chapter 12

Finding The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Min,” YunHo sighed. He closed the door and carried SungMin to the couch, untangling himself when the doorbell rang again and he went to answer it. As he pulled the door open, he looked hesitantly back at SungMin and said, “Min, you have a visitor.” Said visitor had a tear stained face, very much like SungMin’s at the moment. She walked past YunHo into the apartment and stopped short when she saw SungMin.

“Mrs. Cho? What are you doing here?” SungMin asked, wiping away his tears.

“SungMin-ah,” she gasped, stumbling toward him, grief making her clumsy.

“I did something terrible SungMin, and now I need you to help me,” she said, and so she told YunHo and SungMin everything.

 

KyuHyun felt groggy. His head felt heavy, not functioning properly. As his eyes gradually opened, he instinctively tried to raise his hands to brush his hair from his eyes. He pulled at the bindings that held his hands firmly behind his back and that was when he fully took in his surroundings.

He was sitting on a chair, surrounded by four dull grey walls. His feet were bound each to a chair leg respectively. As he titled his head back, it was net with cold metal. A pole, most likely. Instantly, he began to struggle against the bonds that held his hands together. The rough rope rubbed against his bare skin and made it burn.

The motion made his fingers brush against his ring, and his heart hurt as he thought of SungMin. Turning it round and around between his fingers, the metal comforted him. it was like having SungMin there.

“You’ll only hurt yourself, not that I care,” he heard a voice say. He waited until the speaker appeared before him, glaring at him with all the hate he felt. His father watched him impassively as he continued to struggle against it, twisting his hands around endlessly.

“You know why you’re here don’t you?” his father asked, walking up to him and stopping before him. KyuHyun worked up a mouthful of spit and directed it at his father’s face. After his father had wiped it from his face, he studied his son again.

“Don’t you?” he asked again. KyuHyun remained silent.

“Answer me you bastard!” his father shouted, the back of his hand connecting sharply with Kyu’s right cheek. His face slammed into the pole, making a sickening crack ring out. His father grabbed his face tightly in one hand, twisting it to face him. He could see the pure hatred and venom in Kyu’s eyes and recognized it as something that was so often present in his eyes as well. Why did he feel fear move through him as he looked into KyuHyun’s eyes?

“Go to hell,” KyuHyun told him. His father scoffed before striding angrily to the door.  He didn’t go outside though. Inste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter