Chapter 18

Finding The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you ready?” Kyu asked, as SungMin smoothed his tie into place.

“Ready,” SungMin confirmed.

“Okay, go head and sit in the car,” Kyu told him. As soon as Min left the bedroom, he checked his pockets, slipping two boxes into each. He felt the familiar feeling of anticipation and anxiety fill him as he followed Min’s footsteps to their car.

“Where are we going?” SungMin asked as the pulled onto the highway.

“Some restaurant YunHo suggested,” Kyu said casually.

“Some restaurant far away,” SungMin murmured as they passed KangNam. When they got there, Kyu made sure to behave perfect. He opened the door for SungMin, held his hand in his elbow… did all the ‘gentlemanly’ things. SungMin gave him more than one weird look as they waited for YunJae.

“Sorry we’re late. Little traffic,” YunHo informed them as he slipped into the booth next to SungMin, JaeJoong right behind him.

“It’s okay,” SungMin assured him, finally picking up their menus. After they ordered, they broke out into friendly chat, being comfortable even in this formal setting. YunHo and KyuHyun kept exchanging significant looks, which their lovers noticed, of course.

“Why are you two being this way?” SungMin asked suddenly.

“What way?” they both said, dropping their gazes to their menus quickly.

“This way. Looking at each other all the time, and then looking away when JaeJoong and I notice. Are you all hiding something?” SungMin questioned, eyes narrowing.

“We’re not… not… hiding...” YunHo stuttered.

“Not hiding anything,” Kyu finished the sentence.

“Sure you aren’t,” SungMin said. Their food arrived then, and they all ate deliciously.

“Now dessert?” SungMin said, the previous suspicion of his fiancée and his friend all eaten away.

“I’m all for that,” JaeJoong agreed. The other two nodded, ordering that as well.

“Can I… can I see your ring?” Kyu asked SungMin hesitantly. SungMin willingly complied, holding out his left hand.

“No, can I hold it?” Kyu clarified. SungMin spun the band off his finger, handing it to Kyu. He watched as Kyu jerked his head to YunHo, and YunHo nodded. Both stood abruptly, and walked off to the bathrooms.

“What do you think they’re doing?” JaeJoong asked, looking at their retreating backs.

“Something weird,” SungMin was sure.

Both came back six minutes later, Kyu’s clothes looking a bit out of place, and his ring from his finger missing. SungMin’s ring was nowhere in sight either.

“Kyu,” SungMin began cautiously, not wanting to jump to conclusions as the waiter lay their four glasses of ice cream down an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter