Boys Talk, Brothers Talk

The Safe House

“Hyung! You’re not sleeping?” Yoochun was bewildered to find his eldest band mate still sitting at their private bar at 3 in the morning. Jaejoong only shook his head.

Yoochun frowned. He took a seat next to his hyung and stared at his face rather intensely. Not feeling budged, Jaejoong muttered while drinking his vodka, “Found anything?”

“Care to share?” Yoochun took a glass and poured himself a scotch. He heard Jaejoong sighing.

“Promise me first, you won’t make fun of me.” Jaejoong raised his glass toward his dongsaeng, asking for a toast as a deal sign. Yoochun laughed, but still raised his and lightly tossed it with Jaejoong’s.

 “It’s a girl,” he started, to which Yoochun responded, “And I thought it was something else.”

“No, no. It’s different this time. This one… doesn’t like me,” he said with his forehead creased, still finding it odd.

On the contrary, Yoochun grinned, earning a ‘what?’ look from Jaejoong. Yoochun shrugged. “I just think it’s about time you find a female species who does not want to throw herself at you,” he sounded interested.

The eldest ignored it as he carried on. “She is always calm. Even too calm, sometimes. She never gets awkward, or embarrassed, or even blushed around me! I mean, you know how those girls would do anything to get my attention,” Jaejoong still being Jaejoong. Yoochun almost rolled his eyes.

“At first I thought she was just playing hard-to-get. But she didn’t tremble, even when I was literally only a few inches away from her,” Jaejoong recalled the scene on the dinner and the other when they were talking in front of his mansion.

“But she strangely knows me very well, about my likes and dislikes. She said she looked it up in the internet, but she happened to know things I never said to the media. I’m sure she is not a stalker, definitely no sasaeng. But that’s what makes this even more confusing,” he his hair frustratedly.

“Wait, slow down, hyung. How can you say she knows you well?” Yoochun turned his head.

“You saw my room, didn’t you? Even you were surprised to find it seemed so me. I thought the Chief made it, but I just found out yesterday from a housekeeping staff that it was all her suggestions. And today’s dinner, she specifically ordered a black pepper sauce for me, because I like spicy foods. Now, does she or does she not know me well?” Jaejoong almost sounded desperate.

Yoochun nodded quietly and stared at his glass, thinking. Silence took over the room for quite a while. “Hyung, do you… like her?” Yoochun broke the silence with a question Jaejoong had been asking—and denying at the same time—for the whole night.

The latter fidgeted. “Well, I admit I am attracted to her,” he looked at Yoochun and found the latter raising his eyebrows with a grin already plastered on his face.

“Fine, I like her. I like her, okay?” he almost shouted, making Yoochun burst into laughter.

“Remember your promise, Yoochun-ah,” Jaejoong snarled under his breath. The younger one quickly clasped his mouth and made a peace sign with his hand.

“Sorry, hyung, I didn’t mean to. It’s just… If you didn’t like her, this matter wouldn’t even be a bother to you. And as for her…” Yoochun left his sentence hanging, teasing his hyung who now looked as if someone broke his precious Hello Kitty hand-mirror. He pursed his lips into a thin line, trying not to break his promise to his hyung.

He patted Jaejoong’s shoulder while still holding back his laughter. “Kim Jaejoong is finally defeated,” he stated, in which Jaejoong heavily sighed.

“What should I do, Yoochun-ah…” Jaejoong turned his stool around, leaning his back on the bar table.

“That’s an easy one. You have to start learning,” Yoochun replied matter-of-factly.

“Learning? What are you talking about?” the eldest groaned as he thought Yoochun was teasing him again.

“Learn how to get her, of course! Isn’t it why you’re so frustrated like this??” Yoochun countered, earning a scoff from his hyung.

“Seriously? You’re telling me to learn how to get girls?” he looked at his dongsaeng smugly, enough to make Yoochun groaned.

“Hyung, I know, no man with a functioning brain on this planet earth would’ve questioned your knack on female department, but that’s the problem. This girl isn’t about all that,” he pointed out the issue.

Jaejoong looked at him ever so attentively. Yoochun uttered while grabbing Jaejoong’s shoulder, “You need to learn how to chase.”

He smiled when he saw his hyung’s eyes widened. “Go to sleep for now, hyung. You have a lot to learn tomorrow,” he stood up and headed to his room.

Yoochun was already halfway on the stairs when Jaejoong noticed something. “Yoochun-ah, why didn’t you ask who the girl is?”

The younger smirked without stopping his steps. “Good night, hyung. Try not to drag Haejin-ssi in to your dream.”

 


 

Thank you Priscy123 for subscribing :) And thanks to all the readers! I would love to read your comments :)