Fugitive

The Safe House

“Good afternoon, Ma’am. We’re investigators from Gangnam District. We’d like to see miss Jessica Jung, is it possible?”

Tiffany who was on roll to look after Jessica that day didn’t know what was going on, but she let them in nonetheless.

“Good afternoon, miss. I’m Lieutenant Kwon, and this is Detective Han. First of all, we’re sorry for your loss,” the tall officer said on behalf of his partner.

“Thank you, Sir. And thank you for coming here,” Jessica bowed her head. Tiffany was bewildered, “You called them?”

The golden haired only nodded and focused on the officers again. “Like I said, I’d like to report an abuse. His name is Lee Dong Wook, he’s an actor. Officers-nim probably know him as well,” she stated. Tiffany gasped on her side.

“Lee Dong Wook? You both worked together once, correct?” Lieutenant Kwon confirmed.

“Yes. We used to be in a relationship but it ended last year. We got the chance to meet again two months ago, in a mutual friend’s birthday party,” Jessica started with the background. She exhaled sharply as she admitted, “We had a one night stand and I was pregnant with his child.”

Both of the officers did not respond nor comment. They listened to her attentively while sometimes made little notes. Her embarrassment slowly subsided upon the officers’ thoughtful gesture.

“He was very displeased when I broke the news and told me to abort it immediately. I certainly refused, so he came up with another idea,” she started to feel suffocating.

“He knew I still have feelings for my past lover, so he told me to approach him at a party. Then I was told to bring him to his apartment and spent the night.”

“He intended to frame him,” Lieutenant Kwon concluded, to which Jessica nodded.

“Though I didn’t like the idea but I followed eventually. I did as far as lying and asking that person to take responsibility, but he knew it wasn’t true. He told me to stop whatever I was doing, or he’d find the truth himself.”

Again, no words from both officers. The only reaction came from Tiffany as she let out another sharp gasp.

“I tried to talk to Lee Dong Wook to stop everything, but he wouldn’t listen to me. The day when I finally decided not to play along, he abused me and threw me on the floor, which made me lose the baby,” Jessica finished her testimony and felt a huge burden was lifted from her shoulder.

“Where is Lee Dong Wook now?” the detective opened his mouth for the first time.

“Unfortunately I don’t know, Sir. The last couple of days I’ve tried to contact everyone who might know his whereabouts, but I got nothing. He’s probably in US, because I remember seeing the ticket in his bag two weeks ago.”

The officers nodded as Lieutenant Kwon took down some notes while Detective Han asked their partner in the office to check whether Lee Dong Wook had left the country.

“Your testimony is very helping, miss. But we need evidences,” the lieutenant said.

Jessica wasn’t surprised; in fact she was expecting it. “I know. I have the evidence.”

“You do?” Tiffany blurted. “Yeah. Could you help me take my phone?” Jessica asked which Tiffany immediately helped. She whispered thank you to her and handed the phone to the officers.

“I talked about this matter to one of my closest friends, and he suggested me to keep some evidence. So I recorded my conversation with Lee Dong Wook several times,” Jessica explained and sighed at the end of her sentence. She felt exhausted.

“But I’m afraid I don’t have any visual evidence, Sir. I can’t take photos or videos, it was too risky,” she continued, worries showed on her creased eyebrows.

“It’s okay, miss Jessica. This is already a big help. It’s very good that you keep this,” lieutenant assured the patient.

“Sir, the office called. They said it’s confirmed that Lee Dong Wook is currently in the US,” Detective Han informed, his figure was already straightened up in alert.

“Okay, we should head back to the office then,” the lieutenant looked at Jessica again. “We’ll be going then, miss. I’ll keep you informed. I hope you recover very soon.”

As soon as the two officers left, Jessica let out a long heave as she laid back her head with eyes closed. Tiffany sat on her side and patted the back of her hand.

“You did great. I’m proud of you, Sica-ya.” Tiff squeezed her hand.

♦♦♦

“Seriously, Song Jaeyeon. You’ve been crying the whole night! Have you seen how swollen your eyes are now?” Siyoung pointed the younger’s eyes, with her back leaning on the black van for JYJ’s departure.

Jaeyeon only nodded and sobbed, which fretted Siyoung even more. “Jaeyeon-ah dear, it’s not like he’s moving to other planet, is it? He’s still in this country, and his district is only 30 minutes away from yours. Now, do enlighten me, what is it you cry over so sorrowfully?”

The younger wiped her eyes. “He’ll be very busy. I won’t get to meet him so often. Even if he has some time, we can’t always meet up. The stalkers are still everywhere.”

The leader sighed. “Of course they are. They will always be everywhere. And that’s the consequence he has to bear. So does Jaejoong, Yoochun, and every other celebrity. That’s also the consequence you have to bear along for dating them.” She ran her fingers through Jaeyeon’s jet-black locks.

The latter looked up at her eldest whose smile was always a comfort for her. “You both will work things out. Don’t worry,” Siyoung ruffled her hair, earning a chuckle from her.

“Besides, you can always meet up late at night. The reporters and stalkers would most likely be in their sleep hours, and the city would be less crowded. You know our Papa Chief would never mind as long as we’re happy,” Siyoung shrugged.

“I love you, Siyoung-ah!” Jaeyeon abruptly locked her eldest in tight hug. Siyoung faked a cough, “I love you too, but you’re suffocating me.” Jaeyeon laughed and released her. It was just the moment when Haejin came to the basement with three guests following.

Jaeyeon quickly straightened up and aligned herself with Siyoung. They bowed to the guests which were none other than JYJ—but this was their SOP.

Haejin turned around and faced the men again. “We’ll be leaving at 11.30 sharp. You have half an hour to bid your farewell.” The lady bowed her head and stepped away. Again, SOP.

As expected by everyone, Junsu was the first to move forward with opened arms and took the lady in front of him into a tight embrace. Jaeyeon whose crying just stopped buried herself in his arms, crying her heart out all over again.

The other four chuckled at the cute couple. Then, this time least expected, Yoochun approached the redhead whose hair had grown to her back. Siyoung was startled when his one hand was extended to her, asking for hers. Both bewildered and hesitant, she gave her hand which he held gently.

“Let’s have a chat a little,” Yoochun curved that charming smile and took her to walk around the basement. They didn’t need any view anyway.

Both Jaejoong and Haejin laughed quietly to see them finally getting along. Jaejoong put his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. She circled her own over him, letting their bodies closing over each other while their faces still apart so that they could talk.

“Be good.” He smirked.

“Mind you, Casanova,” she countered. He laughed.

He rested his forehead on hers. “I’ll miss you.”

“You can call,” she said though knowing it was not enough for him. And for her.

“I’ll come often. Or I’ll pick you up and we’ll go someplace nice.” His voice trailed off.

“Okay.” Haejin smiled at him who was closing his eyes. Her hand patted his back, hoping it would give a slight comfort.

“Don’t worry too much when I don’t call or answer your call. I’ll get back to you when I got home.”

“Okay.”

“Don’t believe in gossips. You can ask me anything. Whatever it is, I won’t lie.”

“Okay.”

“Don’t fall for anyone else. No, you can’t.”

Haejin laughed softly, a melodic voice to his ears. She kissed his forehead. “Okay.”

He drew back and stared deep at her eyes. “I love you.”

She giggled. “I love you.”

 


 

Thank you for reading! I hope you like it :)

Leave your thoughts, I'd love to know *hugs*