ChangSoo - Burning

There's Something About Sooyoung [One-Shots]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rays of the sun has never scorched upon my body as ruthlessly than at this very moment that I lay here just barely hanging on.

 

==========

My name is Shim Changmin and I am technically 463 years old; although, to the human eye, I am not a day over the ripe age of twenty. I am neither a human nor animal, but often referred to as a vampire -- a creature that is feared and often misunderstood by many. Despite what you may think, those of our kind can easily blend in. There are numerous rumors about us. Right now under limited time,  I'll just tell you one thing...sunlight isn't something that we are too fond of. All my life was composed of aimlessly fleeing from one spot to another searching for fresh blood to feed on, but it all changed once I met her. For the past three years I have done what many vampires think is suicidal. I have settled down to one spot...abandoning myself from the others. They would ask why I would do such a thing and what was the reason for choosing this place among the different locations I have visited. The answer to them all was always HER.

I remember the first time I had seen her three years ago. My eyes barely had enough strength to remain open...somewhat similar to how they are right now. She appeared before me during that dark summer midnight illuminating a brightness that shone through the black surroundings. I laid there helplessly just barely making it through as my deprivation from the taste of blood was taking the best of me.  Without hesitating she approached the helpless me with concern as if she had known me all her life.  She fed me the sparkling water she had hidden within her patented leather purse as if it would bring my energy back. She stayed there by my side as if I was a fellow human being...as if I was no different from the rest.

 

Her name is Choi Sooyoung.

 

 I could feel the burning sensation eating away at my flesh with the lack of blood flowing through my system. But just as I was ready to give up and finally meet the dead end of the four centuries I had set foot on this earth, something miraculous happened. Sooyoung held me within her arms, her fingertips running through my hair whispering what seemed to be false hope in the brisk air. The closeness of her body next to mine acted like a vitamin pill. The scent of her being was like a shot of blood. In an instant without even one drop of blood touching the tip of my tongue, I had revived from the lifelessness that moments ago overtook me.

The glorious smell of her blood at that second excited my every nerve. I could feel my fangs gushing through my jaw ready to pierce through her neck that revealed through the plain white tank top she wore. Oddly however, as I made my way to the succulent area that would meet my craving, she smiled widely at me. It was a smile that I had never seen before...one that was a mixture of relief, happiness and more. I could feel my eyes that once were immersed in the thought of killing disappear and my fangs return back to its hiding place. In the four hundred and so years that I had lived, she was the very first prey that I had let slip away from my reach...the first that I allowed to live on.

 

From that day on for some reason I had decided that this human being, Choi Sooyoung, would never become someone that I would feed on. Despite the fact that her blood drove me crazy like no other and the sight of her available neck clawed at my desires, there was something about her that told me to do otherwise.

I moved to the abandoned house right next to hers. I would watch her behind the curtains of the windows as she would exit her house during the bright day time. I would overlook her every move that I could while still hiding from the danger of the sun. For the first few weeks, I would purposely make excuses to bump into her 'coincidentally' once dawn hit and the brightness in the sky disappeared.  Casually, those 'coincidences' turned into planned meetings. Just me and her.

 

Within these three years of knowing her, she became my friend; something that vampire or not was somewhat difficult to achieve...yet she did it with ease. Countless times she would ask me why we had never met when the sun was up. My reply would always end up in the lines of 'I am allergic', which in a way is true. I could tell she was disappointed in that fact which would send pokes of pain to me. I could tell that she thought differently to that lame excuse I gave.

Within these three years of knowing her, I found myself falling in love with her...and she the same. I had broken one of the most important rules of my species --not to grow any a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter