HyukYoung - Heart on the Dancefloor

There's Something About Sooyoung [One-Shots]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNHYUK’S POV

 

I think it was last May when I realized something. Maybe it was the clear sky up above or the spring blossoms that fully bloomed along the streets of Seoul, but I saw it clearly for the first time during that month of May.

 

I woke up that one day as I did for the past years of my life. Brushed my teeth and took a quick rinse to eliminate the excess oil hanging on my hair strands. I was running late so I didn’t bother much on styling my hair, but decided to casually run a bit of gel through it. You see, I was headed to a wedding that day. Someone from the company was tying the knot and basically everyone was invited. These types of events were always fun to attend, being that it would mean a couple of hours seeing everyone. On the other hand, it also meant me realizing that I seemed to be forever alone. The question of ‘will I ever find the one’ would arise and leave me in an empty state. Fortunately for me that never bubbled into my thoughts early that day.

 

I arrived at the venue minutes before the ceremony started. In one side, I see the other members laughing and pointing, that evil maknae’s giggle leading the pack. You would have thought that they’d save me a seat, but of course not.

 

Seconds later, she bumps into me…Choi Sooyoung that is.

 

“Omo, Eunhyuk-ssi  what are you doing here?”

 “Wedding…”

She smiled at me then hit me directly on the side of my forearm. The girl was frighteningly strong.

 

“It looks like you’re the odd one out like me, huh Eunhyuk-ssi…”

She leaned in towards me and playfully poked me continuously at my sides. She smelt like lavender. I don’t even quite know what lavender smells like, but it seemed like that is what enamoured her essence. In other words it smelt good. She smelt good.

 

The ringing of the first key to the wedding march strung and Sooyoung quickly grabbed me by the arm as she plopped ourselves in two empty seats near the rear end of the crowd. We knew absolutely no one in our seating area. A part of me felt awkward because of that, but another part of me was exhilarated by the fact that in a way, it was just us two.

One of the many things I learned that day was just how emotional Choi Sooyoung is. From the opening prayer til the ending kiss, she sobbed like a baby, clasped her hands in excitement, and never once did it seemed like she blinked.

 

I lost her in a flash once we had set foot into the reception location. She zoomed past by me and like a storm, rummaged throughout the buffet. It was only when she hollered for me to help her carry plates that I had reunited with the tall and hungry girl. For the reason of me being a handy helper, she commanded that I take the empty seat next to her, following her instructions when it was time to head back to the buffet table for another round. I think my laps from table to the food area were equivalent to weeks of exercise, but it all seemed worth it since I got to witness the bottomless pit that is Sooyoung’s stomach. I stared at her in complete astonishment as she continuously shoved spoonfuls into .

 

“Don’t you guys have food in your dorms? You can take a breather every now and then Sooyoung-ssi…”

“If I do that, the food will definitely get cold pabo.”

I laughed at her innocent and blunt response and for a second, I felt it—the tingle extracted from the pits of my heart. Once ignored and forbidden to open up, I felt it waver towards her. I saw the reflection of my smiling face in the glimmer of the glasses placed upon the table and it was a vision of me that I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter