KyuYoung - Melody

There's Something About Sooyoung [One-Shots]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“That bastard,” Sooyoung huffed, throwing her couple ring out the window ruthlessly as she dug her feet firmly onto the accelerator.

 

 

She should have known better than to give him another chance. She always knew that in the end, she’d end up hurting; that the throbbing pain in her chest would occur. But as per usual, she gave him another chance, another chance to prove her wrong.

However, it never did happen.

 

There she was again, crying over someone so pathetic.

His face disintegrated into the far background as her car drove further away. She wanted to forget the face that she had forgiven one too many times. This was strike three however, and she had grown tired of his constant bull that sprouted.

 

 

It was the first time she caught him.

In the past, it was all just her intuition; a strange female voice in the background of their phone calls, the smudge of another woman’s lipstick along his collar…Sooyoung easily brushed those off, convincing herself that she was crazy.

However, that night she found her sanity.  

 

She wanted to escape so she jumped into her car and headed north, hoping that the drive would slowly erase the image of him locking lips and so much more with the nameless girl..

 

 

~

 

It was an hour or so when Sooyoung grew tired of her aimless adventure.

 

Off in the close distance, the cheap flicker of a motel sign gave way through the grey cloud of fog. Eventually, the figures of an abandoned town surfaced soon after.

She took exile in the small cozy pub.

 

The twinkle sound of the chime announced her entrance as she pushed through the heavy creaking wooden door. The place was lit generously by small candles placed on every table. The click clack of her black stiletto shoes drew attention her way as faces stopped to stare at this wanderer. Sooyoung plopped herself onto the empty stool at the very end of the bar.

 

 

 

“What would you like my fair lady?”

Without her noticing, the bartender seemed to have appeared at the blink of an eye.

 

 

“Vodka on the rocks.”

She sipped on the drink, allowing for the alcohol to ruthlessly sting ever so slowly. With every gulp, Sooyoung closed her eyes gently before opening them once more to the flicker of the room.

 

 

It took her some time to notice a particular pair of eyes that had never once left her since she walked through the door. His eyes were incredibly dark, unlike any she had seen before. It was an intense shade of bistre and everything about that mysterious colour took her in.  

 

He sat perfectly perched up on the mini stage at front, his back frame completely straightened out. The dangling worn out blackboard to the side of the fellow indicated that it was “Sounds of Sunday”. The corniness of the title was quickly brushed away as Sooyoung read the name that was written messily like chicken scratch underneath, Marcus; it simply said.

 

Her eyes followed back onto the guy who had as always watched her every move. A lopsided smile formed along his lips, a smirk that was mischievous yet incredibly y in its own mysterious way. He pulled a hard cover case from his side and busied himself in assembling a clarinet in a vast manner. The sleek instrument fit nicely into his hands. He his lips slowly before looping them firmly over the mouthpiece, his eyes still focused on a certain someone.

 

 

Sounds of Sunday featured the serene melody of a clarinet majestically played by a master whose fingers naturally found its placing. Sooyoung stared in awe at the figure named Marus who was filled with surprises, enticing her more each minute that flew by.  His melody was a painkiller, depressing the entire wrath that boiled inside her. She could feel the weight being lifted, her shoulders growing light as the tune carried on.

Her eyelids fell down as she welcomed the idea of getting into his world if it meant capturing that feeling entirely.

 

She didn’t notice that he had stopped, for the fact was that she was still very much trapped in a trance, the sound of his footsteps played like an accompanying beat to the blissful music in her mind. It was his sudden cold touch of his hand along her bare shoulder that awoke her. Now just merely inches apart, she noticed that his eyes took on a gorgeous russet shade when reflected by the little glisten of candle light. 

 

 

 

“You’re a new face,” his voice was light, almost inaudible, but Sooyoung heard it nonetheless; his words like a melody. 

 

“Mm,” she nodded.

“I just happened to stumble across this place when I was passing through.”

Her thumb brushed itself along the napkin of a coaster, the thin edge tickling her for unknown reasons.

 

 

Marcus decided to invite himself as her company as he placed his bottom onto the free stool beside the beauty.

 

“You must be thirsty after that performance,” Sooyoung guessed as she searched for the bartender who oddly was no where to be seen. She scrunched her face, confused as to why he wasn’t appearing out of thin air as he had done so befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter