Chapter 9

Only Learned Good Things

"Wha? Who?" A man you don't recognise is stood at your door, looming over you, you instinctively take a step back.

"Who are you?" You demand, in the sternest voice you can manage in a situation like this.

"Are you Miss ________?" The man asks. *He knows my name?!* You start to panic and look around in a daze for anything to defend yourself in case.

"I've come to pick you up." His expression changes, to a smile! You're completely dumbfounded.

"Pick me up?" You manage to form words after the initial fright of a strange man at the door.

"Yes. Master Dongwoo's waiting in the car." He gestures behind him to a sleek black car with tinted windows.

*Master Dongwoo?! Why has he got a chauffeur?! Butler?! Driver!?* You're completely confused now.

You see one of the windows of the black car slide down to reveal Shinwoo's smiling face, and even from this distance you can see his eyes almost shut making little smiles. All your worries melt away as soon as you see that smile.

"________!" He calls your name from the car and waves. You can just make out Baro next to him, waving too. You wave back.

You turn to look up at the man who knocked on your door, and smile weakly, reminded of the feeling when you opened the door. You shake it off and look towards the car again to see Shinwoo's shining face. You want to run out the door to the car, but have to follow the man, slowly.

Finally you're at the car and the driver opens the door for you, Shinwoo and Baro have already scooted up to make space for you. He smiles up at you and you get in next to him.

For such a fancy looking car the interior wasn't too big, it meant you have to squish right up next to Shinwoo. Which honestly you don't mind one bit. You try not to smile as you feel the warmth from his right side on your left. Your shoulders and arms leaning against each other and your legs pressed together. You only just remember about your seatbelt as the engine turns on. You pull it down from behind you and try to find the catch in between you and Shinwoo. You fumble and Shinwoo sees this, moving to help you, his strong warm hands covering yours, guiding them to the catch until you hear a click. You smile at each other and realise your hands are still touching. You pull away and place your hands in your lap, looking away, anywhere but Shinwoo, as you can feel your face warming up.


~Shinwoo's POV~

You smile up at her and she gets in, pressed right up next to you because of the three of you in the back seat.
She smells really good. You can feel your heart begin to beat faster and hope she can't feel it too. She's pressed right up against you completely now, arms, legs, hips... You shake your head a little, trying to clear your mind.

You notice her fumbling with her seatbelt and without thinking about it you reach to help, placing your hands over hers, they feel smooth and small, and slightly cold. You guide them to clip the seatbelt in place, until you hear the click. You smile at her and she's smiling back. You don't think about the fact your hands are still touching until she moves hers away. You look away instinctively, hoping your face doesn't go red.


~Your POV~

"Gawd, you two!!" The silence is finally broken by Baro. "Get a room already!"

You blink, stunned by his bluntness, no idea what to say.

"Baro!" Shinwoo snaps, punching his shoulder.

"Ow! Hyung! I was only kidding!" Baro retorts, holding his shoulder and puffing out his cheeks, showing his displeasure.

"I don't care!" Shinwoo says, still angry. You grab his right arm and he turns sharply to look at you. You're slightly distracted by feeling a slight bicep through the material.

"It's ok, really." You tell him, smiling, your faces only inches apart. You can tell Shinwoo's mood's softening.

"See! ________ knows I was only kidding!" Baro pipes up. You lean round Shinwoo and stick your tongue out at him. Baro looks a little taken aback at this and you laugh.

"So! Ice cream right?" You decide to change the subject.

"Yes." Shinwoo smiles. "Theres also something I need to tell you."

*Something he needs to tell me? I wonder what... maybe it's about why he has a driver? Maybe he's rich and his parent's don't approve of him dating because they've already arranged a marriage? Or maybe he's got a girlfriend already?! But why would he bring Baro for something like that...* Your mind runs away with ideas as to what he might need to tell you.

It must have been longer than you thought, because the car is slowing to a halt.

The driver gets out and opens your door, you look out to see a gorgeous little ice cream parlour, the sign read 'Polar Bear' and had a cute little polar bear mascot next to it. You can't help but squeak a little and jump out the car, Shinwoo and Baro quickly follow. You all thank the driver and head into the shop.

"So what to do we want?" Shinwoo asks. You look at the huge selection of flavours behind the counter.

"Whoa..." You say quietly.

"I know, right?" Shinwoo says in your left ear, you didn't notice him standing behind you, but now you can feel his breath on your ear, it makes your skin tingle.

"I want triple choc chip!!" Baro announces in a loud voice. There are only a few customers in here with you though.

"Haha, so easy to please." Shinwoo laughs at Baro. "What about you?" He turns back to you.

"Ohhh I don't know... I love mint choc chip... but they have green tea flavour too, and I love that too." You dart up and down the counter inspecting flavours. "Ohhh ginger ice cream! And bubblegum flavour!" You hear Shinwoo laugh lightly behind you. You turn to him.

"Yah!" You puff your cheeks out, which only makes him laugh more.

"Haha that's adorable!" He says, holding his sides while giggling.

"I'll have green tea then." To stop Shinwoo's giggling. He composes himself and looks at the counter.

"I do love mint choc chip too...and green tea actually. I might get mint choc chip. So we can try each others." He says, turning back to you and smiling broadly. *He wants to share ice cream?!* You can't help but grin at this.

Shinwoo orders the ice cream and pays, declaring it 'His treat', Baro grins happily and you thank Shinwoo warmly.

You all find a table and all sit. Even the chairs are cute, it matches the exterior just right.

"So... what is it you wanted to tell me." You bring a spoonful of ice cream up to your mouth nonchalantly. "I hope it explains why you have a driver." You say, meant partially as a joke, but you hope it does explain why.

Shinwoo looks at you for a minute, before opening his mouth, and then looking to Baro, who's totally distracted by his ice cream.

Shinwoo takes a deep breath in and out, you can see his chest rise and fall under his clothes. He begins to speak.

"Ok..."

 


 

So...?

XD

Oh, & comments are much loved <3 <3 <3 helps me gauge whether or not you guys are still enjoying it too X3