Chapter 16

Only Learned Good Things

*Crap*

"Hey. And why are you in such a rush?" Seohyun eyed you suspiciously after seeing the deer-in-headlights look on your face.

Your mind goes blank for a second. Panic. Before an idea pops into your head.

"Job interview." You smile.

"Oh? Where?" Seohyun's eyes narrow, suspecting.

"Oh, just this tiny cafe. It's new. Just a part time thing if I got it. I really gotta go, don't wanna be late." You were on a roll. You didn't like lying to your friend... but it was necessary in this case.

"Ok then. Run along ________." Seohyun obviously still suspected something... But you decided not to worry about it and instead rushed off to the CD store.

After purchasing the CD you headed for the street Gongchan told you about. It was empty, save for one car with tinted windows. As you walked towards it, slightly apprehensive, a door opened and Gongchan bounded out. Just as energetic as the last time you saw him.

"Noona!!" He beamed, his smile seemed to engulf his whole face. He was too adorable. Like a puppy.

"Hey." You smile back at him. "So where we going?"

"It's a secret!" He winks at you and pulls a peace sign cutely. Aegyo. He was B1A4's aegyo prince after all.

He drags you over to the car and pulls you in. You were expecting Baro, but the backseat was empty.

"Hey where's Baro?"

"Ohhh he's already there." Gongchan smiles mischievously as the car starts moving.

*There where...* You wonder... After a short 10 minute or so drive you reach your destination,where ever it may be...

You step out the car into another empty street, lined with little shops and cafes. Gongchan grabs your hand before you realise and guides you to an intimate looking cafe entrance.

"Here??" You ask. A little taken aback by the look of the place.

"Yeah! It's pretty much empty during the day. Perfect for not getting caught. You and CNU can go here on dates." He grins at you and pushes the door open. You hear a little bell ring. As you pass through the entrance into the dark cafe your eyes grow accustomed to your surroundings, and you notice a grinning face in the corner. Baro. With a milkshake. Living up to his stereotype as the baby face rapper.

You smile to yourself as you walk over to sit down. Before you know it, Gongchan is behind you, directing you to the bench seat, to sit next to Baro, and he squishes in next to you as you sit down.

"H-hey!" You protest. But it's too late. You're already sandwiched between the maknae's. All cosy in this tiny cafe, there's only 4 other people in the place. Both couples. Acting all lovey-dovey. And here you are, sat in between two adorable younger men. A waitress comes over, brandishing a menu and a smile. You see a flicker of surprise cross her face as she realises you're sitting with two guys, that close.

"What can I get you?" She places the menu down in front of you and Gongchan.

"I'll have a melon soda with a strawberry shortcake, and so will the lady!" Gongchan pipes up. He picks up the menu and hands it back to the waitress smiling widely. She looks a little flustered, and why not. Confronted by this charming boy who wouldn't be? You certainly were. In a constant state of shell shock from his beauty and charms. You didn't even argue when he ordered for you. Too impressed by his boldness.

"So. Let's get down to business shall we?" He turned to you. His face inches away.

"Yeah!" Baro agreed. "How are we gonna make sure you and hyung don't get caught?"

You turn to your other side, Baro's face dangerously close to yours. You snap around to look straight ahead.

"Yeah...umm..how... how are we gonna do that?" You were fairly decent at covering up how flustered you got. But in this particularly situation, it was hard. The low lighting. The intimate venue. You bet CNU would get jealous if he could see you now...

"Awww noona! Don't be so worried! We'll figure something out!" Gongchan patted you on the head, treating you like a child. Ironic. Probably not realising that it wasn't the thought of you and CNU getting caught that had you on edge at this precise moment. You saw Baro smirking out the corner of your eye. He might be a little more in the know.

"So. Jinyoung-hyung and Sandeul-hyung still don't know. For now. But I don't know how we'll cover it up from them much longer. Even if they do find out it's not like they'd tell on you. We all want CNU-hyung to be happy after all." Gongchan's words sounded so kind and genuine. You could tell they really cared about each other. Like a little family unit.

"We should organise date nights. Or date days. We get free time occasionally. And once promotions for this album end we'll have more time. Of course we'll be working on new stuff too... but less promoting." You could see Baro's mind ticking away as he talked, figuring out a plan of action.

You sat between the boys as they shot ideas between each other. You didn't really know what to say. It was mostly down to them to figure things out. It's not like you knew their entire schedule. You just knew what was on their website. You mind starts drifting to other things. Like the album in your bag, and CNU's face... his smile... his lips...

"Noona!" Gongchan's voice snaps you out of your brief daydream and back to reality.

"So what do you think?" He stares at you. His eyes piercing yours.

"Um... you couldn't repeat it could you? I missed a little.." Smiling embarrassedly, you could see Gongchan sign exasperatedly.

"I said, we'll make it so you guys have at least one date every 2 weeks. Maybe more if we can. But it depends on how much our managers have us do." Gongchan seems very business-like as he explains the rest of it. How they'd scope out places to go. Places like this, and times of day where there are as few people as possible. It'd get harder as time went by too, as they'll probably get recognised more with the more promotions they do...

"Sound good then?" Baro asked.

"Yeah. I can't believe you guys would do this much for him. What happens if you get caught? You won't get caught will you?" You ask worriedly.

"We won't get caught. And we're doing it because we love CNU-hyung. Like we said, we want him to be happy." Gongchan grins widely as he says this.

"Making you happy too is a nice side effect though." He winks again. And you feel your face light up, turning to face the front again, not that'd hide your blushing though. Baro and Gongchan both laugh.

"You're so cute noona!" Gongchan wraps his arms tightly around your left arm. "It's a shame CNU-hyung found you first." Gongchan and Baro share a look briefly, before they both move in to place kisses on your cheeks. You instantly tense up. Which they feel, sitting as close as they are, making them laugh out loud.

"Noona you need to chill! Now finish your cake and lets get going!" Baro is the one to speak now. You nod quietly and finish your cake quickly, still in shock from what just happened.

Gongchan gets the bill and you're almost picked up by Baro as you all move for the door, still somewhat dazed.

"So. What shall we do now? We got time before we have to be back." Gongchan says excitedly. They probably didn't get much free time even now, so no wonder he was excited.

"I know just the thing..." Baro says, he sounded weirdly ominous...

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Please forgive me T-T