Chapter 17

Only Learned Good Things

*CNU POV*

You were stuck at a photo shoot with Jinyoung and Sandeul. Baro and Gongchan were off doing god knows what. You weren't really in the mood to pose for the camera either... but you forced yourself to power through, thinking of her.

Your mind kept wandering and the photographer kept snapping at you to pose this way or that way. Sighing internally you kept on going. Hoping that they'd want jut Sandeul or Jinyoung for a bit. Finally your wish came true, and you got to sit down for a bit, away from the camera's. You check your phone, hoping for a message or something from her. But nothing... You wonder what she could be doing. If she was at home, out with friends, or at work, you didn't even know if she had a job... There was a lot still to talk about. You were glad. Smiling to yourself. You didn't notice Sandeul walking up to you.

"Hyung!" Sandeul snapped you out of your semi-daze. "What's wrong with your face?"

"What? Something's wrong with my face??" You grab a mirror off the table to inspect it.

"No no no. I just mean you look... weirdly happy..." He said, eyeing you suspiciously. "Is there something you're not telling us Hyung?"

Not used to having to hide anything from anyone you stumbled over your words before answering.

"Wh-what? N-no. No. Of course not. I'm just happy to get a break." Trying to act as cool as possible, which was tricky. Jinyoung and Baro were cool. You didn't feel cool yet. It still felt like you the odd one out. The awkward one. Only with her did you feel really... confident.

"Hmm... sure Hyung..." Sandeul still looked a little suspicious. "Jinyoung-hyung!" He called out.

Jinyoung came over, fiddling with his hair, smoothing it into place.

"What's up?"

"I think Shinwoo is hiding something from us!" He accuses, pointing a finger at your face, inches from your nose.

"What?" Jinyoung laughs. "What would he have to hide?"

Sandeul's face goes blank. Trying to think. Tapping his foot, wracking his brain for something.

"I don't know..." Sandeul's face dropped. Probably disappointed that his theory had been debunked by Jinyoung.

"Right. And even if I did, I doubt I'd be able to keep it a secret from you guys." You say, a little more confident after that. Smiling at them both. *Thank god... Sandeul almost caused a problem... he needs to stop playing detective...* You think, maintaining your composure. As Sandeul slinks off and Jinyoung gets called back for more photo's, your mind wanders back to her. And what she could be doing...

*YOUR POV*

You got out the car. This wasn't what you expected at all. You were a little relieved in fact. Before you were flashing lights, bright signs, big advertisements. You could hear noises from inside, music and laughter.

You were at an arcade. Good thing you liked games. You weren't fantastic at most things. But you actually knew how to play a lot, specially one in particular... *This could be fun...* You thought. Smiling to yourself. Maybe you could have fun beating the boys at some games...

"So noona~" Gongchan said, hovering next to you. "Do you like games?"

"Well I like some... I'm probably not as good as you though." You smiled at Gongchan, deciding you'd try and butter them up, throw them off their guard, and then show 'em who's boss.

"Lets go then!!" Baro was excited, you could tell, grabbing you both and pulling you inside.

It was dark, but bright. Lights and noises where ever you looked. It wasn't that busy, but busier than the cafe definitely. You wondered if they'd get spotted, but were too preoccupied, looking for the one game you were really good at.

"Let's try this!!" Gongchan was still acting like a puppy, pulling at your sleeve, dragging you over to a music game, a drumming game. Which you'd tried before, but weren't great at.

And as you thought, Gongchan was better at it. You struggled to hit things in time. His dance training must come in useful for things like this. Timing and stuff. You saw Baro on a racing game and darted over.

"Can I play?" You asked, leaning over him as he crossed the finish line in first place.

"You can try." He smirked, obviously confident.

You sat down in the seat next to him, put some tokens in and set the game up. He looked surprised that you even knew how to work the machine.

"What?" You noticed him staring. "Surprised a girl knows how to work a racing game?" You grin at him.

"Uh.. wha? No...." He looks away. "Lets see if you can actually race though..."

Both ready, the race starts. Baro edges ahead to begin with, but before he knew it, you'd beaten him round a corner and were increasing the gap between you and him. Zipping through a city scape, around sharp corners, through tunnels, it was a pretty easy racing game really, both of you neck and neck for most of the race, right until the end, where Baro somehow got in front again. You decided now was the time for the boost, but it was too late. He was across the line in first, just a few milliseconds later you crossed too.

"Dammit..." You growl, sitting back in the seat sharply, folding your arms. You weren't always good at keeping your cool when it came to games.

"Whoa." Baro seemed shocked at your reaction. " You're really good!" He praised you. Not what you were expecting. "Not as good as me of course." He grinned and winked at you. Making you smile.

"I saw a game I wanna play. Gongchan! Over here!" You called him over, still on the drum game. It was your turn to drag the boys now. Over to a popular fighting game. There were 2 seats, 2 control sticks and a big screen.

"This?" Gongchan and Baro both looked a little surprised at your choice. Which made you smirk.

"Yes this. Who wants to try first? Have you played before" You asked, sitting down, getting comfy, inserting tokens and choosing your character. "Come on then." You looked up at them, they still looked a little baffled. But Gongchan sat down first. He seemed a little... apprehensive. He was slow about picking his character too. You wondered if they'd even played this game before...

The fight started finally. And was over in seconds. You'd caught Gongchan off guard and sent him flying, following up with a series of high damage combo's. Leaving him stunned. Staring at the screen, his hands had barely touched the console.

"......noona...." He looked at you... shocked. Maybe a little scared. But round 2 was starting. No time to be shocked.

"Look at the screen!" You pointed. "I'll help you if you want." You smile sweetly. The complete opposite of what just happened. Gongchan shook his head, still numb from round 1.

You turned back to the screen, hands back on the stick and fingers at the buttons, ready to unleash more pain on the maknae. As you moved to attack he moved back though, blocking. Seems he did know how to play after all. You move back too. Just before darting forward to slide a kick under him, his character falling, giving you a chance to damage him further, but he quickly recovered, moving out of the line of sight, sidestepping around. You move back again. Waiting for him to move. HP bar still full, Gongchan's at half, and only 50 seconds left. He moved finally, trying to punch, trying for a combo, then for a kick. All failed, blocking each time. Only 30 seconds left now. You decided not to go easy anymore and back flip kicked him into the floor before grabbing him with your feet and throwing him across the stage. His character limp on the floor. Gongchan's face was the same as before. Shocked. A little scared. Round 3 went almost the same as round 1, not giving him time to get an attack in. You felt almost bad, but he'd beaten you at the drum game, so it was kind of fair really.

"Ohmygod..." Baro exclaimed quietly from behind. Eyes wide. Probably feeling the same as Gongchan. Who got up, looking drained.

"Baro?" You turned back to look, poking him. "Ready?" You saw him go a little stiff, but he sat down, slowly, picked his character, and the fight began.

He was better than Gongchan, but not by much. He definitely put up more of a fight though. Backing up as soon as each round began, not letting you attack right away. He tried to grab your character a few times, and managed to actually hit you too, but it ended the same way. Utter defeat. You sat back. Satisfied.

"How...." Baro looked at you. "How....how did you learn to play like that??" He asked shakily.

"I grew up playing it. I'm not really that good. " You smile at him. And then back at Gongchan. Who was still looking wide eyed and shocked.

"Sure... not that good..." Baro almost laughed as he said this.

"Ok. How about we find a game you two are really good at? Like... that?" Your hand gestured towards a large machine, bigger than almost all the others. A dance machine. Currently unoccupied. You noticed their faces light up. Probably taking it as an opportunity to try and impress their noona.

You all moved towards it, Baro going to set up the game, Gongchan almost hopping up and down on the pressure pad. This was one of the newer dance machines where you had to move your arms too. Adding an extra level of complication. You were not good. You'd never been good. But you'd gotten better recently at least. Then you noticed the first song choice. Gee. You almost almost out laughing.

"Gee??!" You asked, trying to suppress giggles.

"Yes? And?" Gongchan asked, raising an eyebrow at you. "We're allowed to like girl groups~" He winked, sticking his tongue out at you before turning back to the screen. Ready to play.

Both of them were... good. Too good. You just gawked at them. Mimicking the dance moves. Watching guys do girl dances was always fun, but seeing it real life was...odd. After the song finished they both turned to you, grinning widely.

"So?" They said in unison.

"Wow... just...wow..." You stammer. Making them grin further.

"Now... for.... this!" Baro selected the next song. Which made your eyes widen. Rainism. You were interested to see if they could pull this off. With their cute image... But they did... you were left slightly flustered, and imagining if Shinwoo was up there too... wishing he was up there rather. They saw your face after they finished. Both pleased with themselves for getting this reaction out of you.

The last song they picked was also a choice that made you laugh. Abracadabra. Watching the boys wave their hips like that. Made you laugh, and again, made you wish Shinwoo was up their waving his hips too.

"So Noona. You wanna go?" Gongchan asked. You did want a go. But you were just going to get completely shown up. You went for it anyway. Stepping up to the stage. You and Gongchan first. He let you pick the song. So you went for Super Junior's Sorry Sorry. One you knew pretty well. Only on normal mode though. There was no way in hell you could do hard.

It felt awesome dancing with an actual idol. And of course his score was way higher. But you didn't care. Next you danced with Baro. And picked Kara's Mister. Partly because you knew it, partly because you wanted to see Baro shake his hips like Kara. Though trying to play and glance at Baro was more difficult than you thought it'd be. Causing you to miss steps and ruin a long combo.

Last song was another one you knew, but one they'd already done, Abracadabra, and you danced with Gongchan again. Both doing the arms crossed move and grinning at each other. It was a pretty easy dance really. But still, Gongchan's score was higher again. You didn't expect to beat them at this anyway.

Time flew by as you went from game to game, shooting, throwing, racing on various machines. Until Baro looked at his phone.

"Crap! It's 7! We gotta get going... they'll wonder where we are..." He blurted out. "Come on!"

"Waaaait! We haven't done that yet!" He pointed frantically over to a machine in the corner.

A photo sticker machine.

Gongchan grabbed you both again and dragged you over.

"Fiiiiine!" Baro said. "But make it quick."

You were inside the curtains, Gongchan was picking frames busily.

"Ok! We gotta pose cutely. And make Shinwoo reeeeaaaaally jealous!" He turned and grinned at you.

"Really?" You laughed. You did enjoy the idea that he'd be a bit jealous of Baro and Gongchan though... You stood between the boys, sandwiched again, just like earlier. But now, both with their arms around you, faces pressed to yours. They really wanted to make Shinwoo jealous didn't they. For the second photo Gongchan instructed us to make 'V's at the camera. They can pull off aegyo so much easier than you can, feeling a little awkward holding your hands up. And for the third photo, with no warning, they both kissed you on your cheek again, resulting in a shocked expression in the last picture, eyes wide, cheeks slightly pink.

"Yah!" You exclaimed loudly, poking them both in the forehead. You look at the floor, face still pink.

"Awwww noona, it's ok!" Gongchan squeezed your hand. "Shinwoo knows we're only messing around." He smiles at you, reassuring you.

"Yeah. We'd never try to steal his girl." Baro says, squeezing your other hand. Trapped between them again. It was a nice feeling you. Both of their warm hands holding yours. And you could still feel their lips on your cheeks, the fleeting warmth.

After that Baro hurried you both out. The car was still outside waiting. Smushed into the backseat again, Gongchan was sharing out the photos.

"Now. You'll have to be careful with these. You can't let anyone see. And we can't either. Apart from Shinwoo of course. We'll have to show him." Gongchan nudges your shoulder and winks at you.

It was such a fun day. Out with two adorable boys. You couldn't help feel a little sad that Shinwoo wasn't there though... they'll be other times though. Other chances. Thanks to Baro and Gongchan helping out. You couldn't wait for the next time you'd see him. You wondered what you could do. Where you could go. That cafe would be nice again. Maybe the cinema...

As you thought about all the possibilities, the car rolled up to the street next to yours.

"So. We have to say bye here." Baro looked kind of sad. Gongchan looked sulky. "We gotta get back... Oh! Where's your phone?" He asked. You took it out your bag and he grabbed it from your hand before you could protest.

"I'm adding mine and Gongchan's numbers. In case you want to get ahold of us. Ya know. To organise more dates. And stuff." He grinned at you, handing your phone back. "And we've got your number too now. So it's all good." He opened the door, hopping out, and gesturing for you to get out too. "I'm sure we'll see you soon enough. Shinwoo sooner I hope."

You smile at Baro. He was too nice. "Thank you. For doing this. And for today. You too Gongchan!" Poking your head back in the car. "See you guys later!" You wave, walking backwards slowly as Baro gets back in the car, window down, hands waving out of it. You kept waving as the car moved away, only stopping once it'd gone round a corner. *Time for home...* You though. Sad the day was over. But so happy. You couldn't believe the situation. It all felt so unreal. You walked home, one hand unconsciously the photos in your pocket.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------