Chapter 2

Only Learned Good Things

"So... where'd you wanna eat?" Shinwoo asked, with a brilliant smile on his face.

"Ummmm..." What do you want to eat? Italian? Noodles? Fast food? Pizza? Oh! Definitely pizza!

"I know!" You start to grin, not sure why, "Pizza!! You like pizza right?"

He smiles that dashing smile once again, "Of course. Do you know anywhere near by? I'm quite new to the area." He sort of gives an apologetic smile, though theres really no need. He does seem like the kind of person to be quite reserved and shy at times, even though he was so forward with the basketball.

"I do actually, great little place, not far from here." You point off to the left, up the road towards the brighter lights of the city.

"Great. Shall we then?" He does a sort of little bow and gestures for us to start walking, kind of like a butler would, he then raises his head to look into your eyes, smiling once again. You can't help but smile when he smiles, it's infectious.

You start walking side by side, a little distance in between you, neither of you are that forward as to link arms or hold hands, tempting as it is, seem's a little early for that. You notice his hair blowing in the gentle summer breeze, the wisps that haven't been tied up into the cute topknot pony tail snaking about his face and neck, his long slender neck, for a second your mind wanders and he notices your gaze, flustered you look away quickly, he laughs, a pleasant laugh, You can feel your face getting warmer.

"So..." you try to start up a conversion to try and distract him from your embarrassment, "you said you're new to the area?"

"Yes," he pauses, "I came with some friends to do some stuff." He looks oddly shifty now, like he's hiding something.

"Oh? Like?" You ask, but you don't plan on grilling him on why he's here, but you admit, you're intrigued.

"Oh... just visiting some old friends." He smiles. You don't pry further, you don't want to seem nosy.

"So where do you come from if you're not from around here?" Moving away from the subject of why he's here, you wonder where he's from originally.

"Chungbook Cheongju."

"Ohhh a country boy, that's cool, my parents came from the country, moved to the city before they had me." You both smile. Then you realise you're almost at the pizza place.

It's a quaint place, small in size, but with nice decor, it's a cute little restaurant you've been to many a time with your friends, it's the first time you've brought a boy here, alone. You try not to think about that, you try to treat it just like you would a normal meal with your friends. But none of your friends are as dazzlingly handsome as this, it's hard to not think about him as anything but a man. You recompose yourself, take a deep, hopefully calming breath, as you wait to be seated. You look round at him to see him staring at the pictures on the walls, lots of tiny frames, in which were polaroids of happy smiling customers. Maybe you'll be added to the collection before the night is up?

"This way please." You hear a voice directed at you, you both follow obediently to be seated, at a cute two person table in a dimly lit corner of the restaurant, there weren't too many people left, you suppose the dinner rush is over.

"So." He says, looking at your expectantly. You wonder why.

"So?" You ask.

"What's good?" He grins. You finally understand, and start listing the things you like here, which is quite a lot, you don't notice the smile on his face getting wider as you ramble on about pizza toppings.

"Hehe, they all sound so good, I don't eat food like this much... I guess I'll have what you're having, or... we could share?" This momentarily took you by surprise, but then you realise you do it all the time with friends, this time it just so happens to be with a very, very cute boy.

"Hmmmm... I think... something simple... like... pepperoni. Sound good?" I ask.

"I'm sure anything you pick will taste good." He says smiling at you, then he waves for the waiter to come over. He takes your order, Shinwoo does all the talking, even orders a drink for you, this is the non-shy Shinwoo, quite dominant in fact. You like that he's got all these different sides to him, makes him interesting, and hard to figure out.

You keep talking, about your likes, dislikes, how he was in a band in school, you did keyboard and choir for a while, but it didn't stick, he seemed to really like music, he likes a lot of western music too, which you didn't expect. You find out he was born in 91, year of the sheep, matches his fluffy hair in a way. You seem to be getting on really well, laughing together, similar interests. You notice him leaning in towards the table more than he was earlier, you wonder why this could be, a sign he likes you? Or are you just reading too much into the little things?

Your pizza arrives, a thin Italian style base, Shinwoo's eyes widen as it's placed on the table. You see his tongue flick out to quickly his lips. Then he suddenly gets up, shifts round to your side of the table, you get a little panicked, wondering what he's going to do. But all he does is take your napkin, unfold it, and lightly place it on your lap.

"I should have done that before I sat down." He says and smiles, then returns to his seat. You're speechless again, no ones this gentlemanly, this princely! You've never met a guy with manners as good as this.

"T-thank you." You stutter, still a little flustered after this surprising event.

"You're welcome." He smiles, now back in his seat. You both begin to eat, and Shinwoo's face lights up.

"This is really good! I don't know why I haven't eaten this more often!" He continues happily eating the pizza, face bright and beaming, you've never seen anyone this happy eating a simple pizza, you let out a little laugh, you couldn't help yourself. He looks up.

"What?" He asks with a puzzled expression on his face.

"It's just... it's cute, how you're so excited." You can't help giggling a little. Shinwoo makes a frowny face and then reaches over... and pokes you in the forehead!

"Yah! What'd you do that for?" Covering your forehead in case he does it again.

"That's for laughing at me." He grins. "You knew I came from the country, and that I'm new here!"

"True, but its not any less cute that you're so happy over pizza, I won't take that back." You grin back at him.

"Ok ok... You win... I don't get to eat stuff like this often, we always ate such traditional stuff at home." You notice his cheeks turn a light shade of pink, he's blushing! You try hard not to squeal with delight at this, finally he's the one turning pink!

"Yay! I should think of a penalty for you poking me..." You ponder what it could be...

"Really?" He sighs. "Oh fine then." Giving up way too quickly, his smile gives him away. "How about I buy you some ice cream?"

You like this idea, you like that he thought of it, instead of you that is. You both finish eating and Shinwoo asks for the bill. You wonder how this is gonna work, if I should have my half or will he pay it, before you can about it too much the bill comes, you scrabble and reach out for it, and so does Shinwoo. Your hands touch, very briefly, before you both pull back and begin blushing. Which makes you both laugh.

"I'll pay this time, you can pay next time if you want." He says smiling as he takes out his wallet, and you realise he said 'next time', theres gonna be a next time?! Your heart begins to race and you start grinning without meaning to.

"What?" Shinwoo asks, he's seen your grin.

"Oh... nothing much." You look away, then look back, he's staring at you, showing off that dazzling smile once again. You clear your throat. "Shall we go then? Get my ice cream?"

He nods. You both get up and head towards the door, but one of the waitresses stops you both, holding a polaroid camera. Picture time it seems. Shinwoo stands on your right, and puts his left arm around you, you can feel his hand grip your left shoulder, its warm, even through your clothes you can feel that. You're feeling much calmer than you expected at this close proximity. The waitress signals that she's going to take the photo, but just before she does, Shinwoo speaks.

"Ummm... could you take two pictures please?" You look up at him with a questioning look on your face. He gives you a small smile. After the waitress takes the pictures, she gives one to Shinwoo and he slips it quickly in his pocket.

"What are you gonna do with that then?" You ask, grinning up at him.

"N-nothing...why?" He's starting to blush again, so you decide not to more, cute as it is when he's flustered.

"Ok then." You grin.

Finally you leave the restaurant, but just as you exit, Shinwoo stops and holds out his arm, like he wants you to take it. You look up at him, a little taken aback, but he's looking away, even though its quite dark now and harder to see, you can tell he's blushing. You move to take his arm, but before you can do so you hear a voice. A boys voice.

"Shinwoo-hyung!"

To be continued~


So? Good? Bad? Better? Worse? I considered using a different POV, like 'I' & 'we' but it felt weird after writing the first chapter in 'you' haha XD