Chapter 8

Only Learned Good Things

Two days have passed since your last message from Shinwoo. You're trying not to think about the fact you haven't heard anything.

*He said he would call when he's free. He's obviously not free yet is all.* You tell yourself, trying to reassure yourself. It's best not to dwell on it. You can't help feeling a little impatient though, even when you're trying to distract yourself from thinking about it, little things keep reminding you. You even caved to Seohyun's nagging and told her about Shinwoo.

"Argggg!" You groan and get up from your computer to throw yourself dramatically on your bed, your face now buried in your pillow. Just then you hear a buzz from your phone and you scramble for it. You check the screen.

[From Seohyun]

*Dammit.* You think, breathing a long sigh of disappointment. But you check the message anyway.

 

Are you still moping about?
 

Check out this new group, B1A4!
 

They're adorable! You won't regret it! ;)
 

More cute boys are a proven distraction from other cute boys! ;P



*I'm so not in the mood for music right now.* You think. You just want to hear something, anything, from Shinwoo. Just to make sure he's not forgotten about you. And you don't wanna text him in case he really is busy with something.

You roll onto your back and stare at the ceiling.

*How busy can he really be?*


~Shinwoo POV~

It's been a few days since your last message from ________. You've been crazy busy with your debut performance and promotions. You can't help but wonder if she's seen you on TV or online. Would be kind of strange if she hadn't, but not everyone follows idol groups, do they? This is what you're telling yourself anyway, in hope that she hasn't seen you and been scared off.

You and the rest of B1A4 have been working so hard to make everything perfect you've had hardly any time to think about her, but every spare moment, she's been all you've thought about.
Still unable to wipe her from your mind, you decide you'll have to tell the others about her, and probably sooner rather than later. But before that, you'll need to tell her about B1A4.

Tonight will be the first night you've had any free time since your debut performance, you want to call her, hoping she'll be free.
Baro walks in while you're staring at your phone.

"Whatcha doing hyung?" He walks over to you.

"Oh... nothing." You say, unconvincingly.

"Ohhh you're thinking about her again aren't ya?" He grins at you, a sadistic little grin.

"Yes... fine... you're right..." You concede, since he knows anyway theres no point in lying to him.

"Alright!! Have you heard anything from her?" He sits at the end of the bed opposite you.

"No..." You say sulkily. "I was gonna call her tonight though."

"Ahh awesome! I wouldn't mind seeing noona again." He grins at you, it takes you a second to process what he's just said.

"What?! No! Why would you be seeing her?" You glare at Baro.

"Because! If you want me to keep this secret, I gotta get something out of this too. Plus, we were all gonna go for ice cream weren't we?" His grin getting wider.

*Dammit.* You think.

"Blackmail... that's low Baro." You say sulkily, bottom lip out. Baro sticks his tongue out.

"So, go on then. Call her up! I'll stay quiet." He beams, *Damn he can be cherubic when he wants...* you think, picking up your phone and scrolling to find ________'s number.


~Your POV~

Still gazing up at the ceiling, at first you don't hear your phone. Not just one ring for a message, but a continuing tone, it's 'Gee' right now, reminds you that you need to change your tone. Maybe you will try that new group Seohyun suggested.

Finally you realise your phones ringing and you snap upright, grabbing your phone from the side table and hitting accept without even reading who the call was from, just hoping and praying it was him.

"________? You there?" A familiar voice comes from the phone and you breath a sigh of relief as a giant smile spreads across your face.

"Yes! Shinwoo oppa! I'm here!" You answer, trying not to squeal down the phone in delight.

"You free right now?" He asks. An odd tone to his voice.

"Yeah I am. Are you alright? You sound odd..." You ask, a little worried, he doesn't sound the same as he did the night you met.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine." He says, but you don't believe him, 'fine' is code for 'not fine' everyone knows that. "You wanna go for that ice cream now? You face brightens up again.

"Oh yeah! Definitely! Where should we meet?" You ask, already on your feet and heading for your wardrobe.

"Hmmm, give me your address and I'll come pick you up, how does that sound?" He's beginning to sound more confident, like the Shinwoo she remembers, even after just one meeting, you can tell when he sounds off.

"Sure." You can't help but giggle. You give your address to him, and before you're about to say goodbye he springs something on you.

"The only thing is... I have to bring Baro with me again... he's demanding ice cream..." You can't help feel a little disappointed, but you're still super happy you get to see Shinwoo again.

"That's ok." You sigh. "Maybe Baro and my little bro should hang out, they have a mutual love of ice cream, we could double date." You joke, but realise what you've just said, and turn pink. You hit your head with the palm of your hand. *Stupid stupid stupid...* You think, but you hear a laugh from the other end of the line.

"Haha yeah, least then we could be alone." Shinwoo's laugh was infectious. You could hear something, or someone in the background though, a faint "Yah!" you think.

"Is someone else there?" You ask.

"Oh... yeah... Baro is." Shinwoo says sheepishly. "Ok, so I'll be round in say, 45 minutes? That cool?"

"Yeah! That's awesome." You tell him. "I'll see you soon then!" You're skipping on the spot now.

"Awesome." He replies. "See you soon." And then he's gone.

45 minutes. You gotta get ready quickly, change into a cuter outfit, t-shirt and jeans just won't do unless it's a really cute top. You want to impress Shinwoo.

You run about like a headless chicken getting prepared, and before you know it, 45 minutes is up, and you hear a knock at the door. *Wow he's prompt!* You think. And run down the stairs to the front door and swing it open, only to find a strange man standing there.

"Wha? Who?"

 


 

So... can anyone see where this is going? Keke.

I was even a good little girl and planned out stuff ahead, instead of just winging it like I normally do with stuff hehe.

The soundtrack to this chapter included Block B, B1A4, SHINee's Hello/Lucifer, B2ST's Fiction & Fact, and K-Will's newest album, cos that song of his, 'My Heart is Beating' the MV with IU and Joon, that is mine & CNU's anthem LOL XD Not that you asked for what I was listening to, I felt like putting it anyways ;D

I've already start chapter 9, so... odds are it'll be up tomorrow. But I make no promises, because I've realised when I say I'm going to update by a certain point, I generally don't... and I don't wanna disappoint XD