Chapter 3

Only Learned Good Things

"Shinwoo-hyung!"

Calls the voice from behind us, you turn before Shinwoo does, only to see what looks like a cute young boy in a beanie hat. He runs up to Shinwoo, who's turned round by now, as he gets closer you can see his face more clearly, he looks fresh faced and his eyes have a sort of irresistible sparkle to them, full of expression, not simply the eyes of a young boy. He seems more experienced than Shinwoo even in some aspects.

"Baro, what are you doing here?" Shinwoo asks, his voice oddly strained, a slightly panicked look on his face.

"Just having an explore, I managed to sneak out." He grins mischievously.

"You shouldn't be out this late on your own! It's dangerous!" The tone of Shinwoo's voice has completely changed from earlier, he sounds stern and authoritative now, and Baro's starting to look like a puppy with his tail between his legs after this scolding from Shinwoo.

"But Hyuuung!" He whines, "I've gone out at night on my own before!"

"Not in the city you haven't! Theres a big difference." Shinwoo still stern voiced, brow furrowed. He sighs. "I suppose I'll have to take you home."

"But Hyung!!" His eyes wide and pleading with Shinwoo.

Shinwoo turns to you after what seems like a millennia.

"I'm sorry, it looks like ice cream will have to wait, as this hamster doesn't want to keep out of trouble it seems." He looks genuinely disappointed by this, it makes you want to reach out and grab his hands and tell him it's ok, but the presence of this new boy stops you, as you can feel him watching.

"I like ice cream." Baro pipes in. "We could all go together? That way Hyung would know where I am, and he could still go have ice cream with... whoever this is." He looks toward you, "Who are you?" He asks, one eyebrow raised.

"I'm ________, pleased to meet you, Baro was it?" You say, beaming at him, just like Shinwoo, it's hard not to smile around Baro, he's cute, in a more boyish way, but still, very cute. And seems oddly wise if you look into his eyes for too long.

"May I call you Noona?" He asks politely.

You chuckle, "Sure." You grin, it's not often you get called Noona, but you like it when you are.

Then something happens that you don't expect, Baro leaps forward and grabs your hands, completely taken aback by this almost complete stranger grabbing you with his surprisingly big hands.

"Noona, you don't mind if we all for ice cream together do you??" He looks into your eyes, you're too stunned to say anything, you just look into his chocolate coloured eyes, finally, you manage to nod.

"Great!" He lets go of your hands and turns to Shinwoo, who looks almost as shocked as you felt. Then he suddenly flicks Baro in the forehand.

"Owwwww! Hyung! What was that for?" Baro whimpers, looking hurt.

"You shouldn't be so forward with someone you've just met!" Shinwoo scolded Baro again. But you remember, not too long ago, Shinwoo was being just as forward, you don't mention it, but just smile to yourself. Both the boys spot this and you decide speak up.

"So... if we are going for ice cream, shouldn't we go? It is getting quite late after all" You kick your heels as you say this.

"Yeah." Shinwoo says, smiling again, looks like he's getting over the surprise of his friend appearing. You wonder how they know each other...

"Ok then!" Baro says, then grabs your left arm and starts tugging you off in another direction. You don't seem to mind anymore, almost expecting this kind of behaviour from this excitable boy. "I know a great place!"

You see Shinwoo out the corner of your eye as Baro is dragging you away, you look back and see he might be getting a little annoyed at Baro being so close to you. He starts walking and catches up quick, and links his left arm with your right, you weren't expecting that. He's being bold, trying to show Baro who's the alpha male. But here you are, walking along, arm in arm with two adorable boys. You didn't think anything like this would happen when you woke up this morning. The warmth exuding from both the boys feels nice, as it kind of late now, and has gotten a bit chillier. You can't really tell anymore though, because of Shinwoo and Baro. You smile to yourself as you all walk along.

"So how did you two meet anyway?" Baro asks, head turned slightly. You don't know what to say, but luckily Shinwoo speaks up.

"I was teaching her how to play basketball." He says, not meeting Baro's gaze, looking back and forth at both boys is like watching a tennis match, hard to take everything in. Then suddenly Baro just bursts out laughing.

"You were teaching her?! Why? You're awful!" He continues laughing, now holding his sides because of the laughter.

"Hey! I'm not that bad!" Shinwoo says, looking a little hurt but mostly just trying to reclaim his pride from the younger Baro.

"Whatever you say Hyung!" Baro winks as he says this to Shinwoo, you let out a little laugh, but cover your mouth after you see Shinwoo's expression.

"You guys are mean..." Shinwoo says sulkily, this definitely isn't the cool, calm, assertive Shinwoo you'd seen earlier. This is a more adorable childish side. You decide to go for broke, and lightly punch his arm, in a playful manner.

"Don't be like that, I'm sure he doesn't mean it, do you Baro?" Turning to Baro as I speak. He doesn't say anything for a second, but then breaks the silence.

"...Of course I don't mean it Hyung. You remember you taught me a bit right?" Baro walks up to Shinwoo and wraps his arms around him. "You're ok, right Hyung?" Looking up at his hyung, using his big eyes to his advantage. You can't imagine many people saying no to Baro.

"Ok ok, no need to use your Disney face." Shinwoo says, detaching Baro from his torso carefully. Baro looks a little disappointed at this, but he bounces back.

"Alright then! Lets get going!" Baro says, just as enthusiastic as before. You all start walking again, but before you get too far you can hear a car pull up behind you and a voice come from the car.

"Shinwoo! Baro!"

Both of them stop in their tracks, as if frozen to the pavement, they slowly turn to each other, worried looks on their faces. The voice calls again.

"Shinwoo!! Baro!!"

 

To be continued~


 

Still enjoying it I hope? I'm just having fun writing it XD dream/ideal scenario's XD