Chapter 1

Only Learned Good Things

A basketball rolls towards you, you lean down to pick it up, and when you look up again, theres a boy standing in front of you. A boy with smiling eyes, bright skin and hair that's almost prettier than yours.
You're stunned by his beauty, rendered speechless. He just smiles at you, and reaches out his hands for the ball, still silent, your hands brush his as you pass it to him, you blush and his smile turns into a grin.

Finally the silence is broken.

"I'm Shinwoo."

You struggle to find words, but eventually manage to get your name out.

"________"

He smiles again.

"Do you know how to play basketball?"

You shake your head, still mute.

"Do you want to learn?" He asks, tilting his head in an adorable way.

"Y-yes please..." You stutter, wanting to kick yourself for acting so stupid. But he's still grinning at you, and you're still semi-speechless from his presence.

"Come on then!" He grabs your hand in his, which feels smooth and warm, not like you might have expected. He pulls you over towards the basketball hoops. You're finally beginning to feel slightly more at ease, the initial shock's beginning to ware off and you feel more yourself.

"So, why don't I teach you how to shoot the ball first?"

"Okay!" You say as you smile, which he see's and smiles back at you, making your heart nearly skip a beat. You didn't realise anyone could be this beautiful, and so nice, and to you! Feeling unbelievably lucky that he's taken an interest in you, you begin to speak again,

"So what first?"

"We should work on your stance, copy how I'm standing." You try to mimic his lean, athletic body as best you can.

"That's it! Well done." He smiles at you again. "Now, to throw the ball," he moves to the left of you, and begins to move your arms, holding them lightly in his strong hands, "since you're right handed, you should have the ball resting on your right hand, and your left hand supporting it on the left, keeping it steady," you can feel his breath on your face as he talks and touches your hands, which distracts you from what he's saying quite a bit, "there! Now, for actually shooting it..."

He moves to your other side and takes the same position as before.

"You should crouch a bit before you throw, gives it more momentum." He shows you how to move before indicating you should try shooting for real. You're already in front of the hoop at least, so you just have to crouch and throw the ball, you're not confident, but you give it you best shot, aiming for the hoop.

It doesn't go in, you didn't expect it to go in. Shinwoo can see the disappointment in your face, and lays one of his big hands on your shoulder, squeezing comfortingly, you smile up at him and he smiles back.

"Don't worry, no ones good when they first try, I was awful!" He says laughing to himself.

"Oh I bet you weren't!" Poking him in the side, you're feeling much more bold now, and finding it really easy to talk to him.

"Haha really, I'm not even that good now..."

"I don't believe that, not one bit!" You say, disbelief in your voice.

"Seriously." he goes to get the ball, comes back and shoots from where you were standing, and misses!

"See?" You're kind of shocked, you expected him to be almost pro!

"How do I know you didn't miss on purpose to make me feel better??" You say accusingly, hands on your hips in a defiant manner.

"Haha, I promise I didn't, you believe me, right?" Smiling at you, he seems almost angelic in the dying evening light, with the setting sun behind him.

"...I do..." You say sheepishly, shuffling your feet. He grins.

"Good! I'm glad. Because I have a bit of a confession..." He begins to look a bit sheepish too, you wonder what this confession could be...

"I'm... not actually good at basketball. I like it, but I'm not good.. I just wanted an excuse to talk to you." He still looks sheepish, looking at his feet now. You grin at him. Kind of ecstatic that he wanted to spend time with you, even if he pretended to be good at something, it was cute. He was cute. Very very cute. But you don't wanna seem too excited by this, might put him off for all you know.

"Oh? Well... that's ok." You try to play it as cool as possible, which is hard when all you wanna do is grin your face off.

"Really?!?" He blurts out, surprised, but grinning, you can see the relief on his face."

"Yes really," you smile, "you didn't need to pretend." You ball your hand into a fist and playfully hit him on his chest, which is surprisingly firm.

"Yay! You don't know how relieved I am!" His brow furrows momentarily, but see's you smiling and he smiles again, then starts looking at his hands, like he's worrying about something else now.

"So... you hungry? Wanna maybe... get something to eat?" He's still looking at his hands, you can't help thinking how adorable he is. You wanna just wrap you arms around him and hug him tight, but you don't, it'd probably freak him out... Or he'd love it... but you don't risk it just yet...

"Sure." You smile and nod, acting nonchalantly, well, as much as you can in this situation, in front of a gorgeous guy who obviously likes you.

"So.. where'd you wanna eat?"

TBC~

 


So? What did you think? Bad? Good? Things that can be improved on? If I get feedback quick, I can continue on, and maybe even start other B1A4 fic... since there NEEDS to be more in the world XD